Remembering "Under Siege", or "A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Mansion..."

Late in Roger Stern's lengthy run in the Avengers main title, the reformed Masters of Evil under a new Baron Zemo led a successful planned assalt upon the Avengers.

As I recall, they not only ransacked the mansion, but sank the Aquabase, and generally beat Hercules and Jarvis to within an inch of their respective lives.

But the worst of all was when they crushed Captain America's original WWII Shield before his eyes and then they shreded the only existing photo of cap's mom!  Horrors!

Has this been collected in one place, what issue comprise the arc, and what other significant developments occured during this major event?

Inquiring minds would like a refresher!

Views: 2163

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I don't know if you're serious or joking, Clark. If anyone doesn't know, Gilgamesh first appeared in the original Eternals series (spoilers for Eternals #13 on page) as an outcast Eternal known as the Forgotten One who was once a hero among humans.

This post displaced the thread "Amazing Spider-Man": Age Appropriateness? from the home page.

I know who Gilgamesh is but I agree with CK that he was an entirely forgettable character, despite having been based on ancient literature.  I thought that Valiant did a much better job with a similar character when they introduced Gilad as the Eternal Warrior (and here's hoping he shows up soon in the new Valiant).

I did not know that he had been in the Eternals series!   I thought he was an original character brought in out of left field...much like Dr. Droom had been earlier...and I was just as glad when he went away, too!

Luke Blanchard said:

I don't know if you're serious or joking, Clark. If anyone doesn't know, Gilgamesh first appeared in the original Eternals series (spoilers for Eternals #13 on page) as an outcast Eternal known as the Forgotten One who was once a hero among humans.

This post displaced the thread "Amazing Spider-Man": Age Appropriateness? from the home page.

Late to the party. Just finished these issues and looked up this thread.

Kirk, this scan is for you, buddy. You'll probably have to turn your head.

Not too good a mystery.
Attachments:

Thank you B Dog (That's quite an avitar youve got, too!)

That certainly solves the mystery.  It makes perfect sense now.

the_original_b_dog said:

Late to the party. Just finished these issues and looked up this thread.

Kirk, this scan is for you, buddy. You'll probably have to turn your head.

Not too good a mystery.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Welcome!

No flame wars. No trolls. But a lot of really smart people.The Captain Comics Round Table tries to be the friendliest and most accurate comics website on the Internet.

SOME ESSENTIALS:

RULES OF THE ROUND TABLE

MODERATORS

SMILIES FOLDER

TIPS ON USING THE BOARD

FOLLOW US:

OUR COLUMNISTS:

Groups

© 2021   Captain Comics, board content ©2013 Andrew Smith   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service