The New York Post reports that Warner Bros. has shelved the 'Batgirl' movie planned for HBO Max due to poor test audience reactions. 

That's $90M down the hole, with their next two releases dogged by actor scandal. (Amber Heard in Aquaman 2, Ezra Miller in Flash.) DC just can't get it together, can they?

Views: 328

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I have to say that I've lost patience with Superman & Lois, which started out with a lot of good ideas and an understanding of who these characters have been historically. They have not consistently balanced the superheroic with the real-world doings effectively, and the WB seems to have trouble scripting drama that isn't best-suited to a histrionic TV high school show, even when that drama involves adults playing adults.

Also, why the heck does Superman/Clark wear a permanent two-day's growth of beard?

♬ Somebody shave me....♬

"Can yoooouuu shave your faaaace?"

JD DeLuzio said:

♬ Somebody shave me....♬

JD DeLuzio said:

Also, why the heck does Superman/Clark wear a permanent two-day's growth of beard?

♬ Somebody shave me....♬

Well, he's "not of this Earth." Maybe that's the way adult male Kryptonians look.

I think it must tie in with Superman III somehow. 

At least that's what I think of when I see his stupid, unshaven face and perpetually dirty costume.

According to Mort Weisinger, Superman has to shave with his heat vision, angling it off a mirror made from the window of his spaceship. That must be pretty hard to do. He's probably just afraid of getting ... razor burn.

So the more I read about the new CEO of Warner Bros. Discovery, the more it seems he wants -- as John Oliver put it -- "to burn down HBO Max for the insurance money."

More specifically, he seems to want to eliminate HBO Max, or at least turn it into a friendly home for reality shows, like Discovery's entire content, which I don't watch.

Here's what I do watch on HBO Max:

ALREADY CANCELED

• Lovecraft Country
  • Made for Love
  • Raised by Wolves

CURRENTLY WATCHING

• Harley Quinn
  • Welllington Paranormal
  • Westworld
  • Last Week Tonight

WAITING FOR UPCOMING SEASONS

• Titans
  • Doom Patrol
  • Green Lantern
  • The Nevers
  • Perry Mason
  • Stargirl
  • His Dark Materials
  • Peacemaker
  • House of the Dragon
  • Pennyworth

The deconstruction of HBO Max would pain me in the extreme. I imagine many of you watch some of the shows above, or other ones I'm not addicted to (yet). 

Well, I would certainly have more spare time, I guess.

A stunt video from the Batgirl movie:

Batgirl Movie Scene Leaks Online | Den of Geek

She's fighting one of Melania's Christmas trees?

Jeff of Earth-J said:

She's fighting one of Melania's Christmas trees?

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Groups

Latest Activity

The Baron replied to The Baron's discussion The List of 956 Super-Heroines
"Added: Belle Air Buffy the Vampire-Slayer Charm Kittycat Knockout Magna-Woman"
16 minutes ago
The Baron replied to The Baron's discussion The List of 950 Super-Heroines
"Added: Doll Woman "Earth-10" Firehawk "Tangrnt" Green Lantern (Arisia…"
4 hours ago
Jeff of Earth-J replied to Wandering Sensei: Moderator Man's discussion What Comic Books Have You Read Today?
"I don't even know that it's Kevlar per se; I just said that that the way some people say…"
5 hours ago
Jeff of Earth-J replied to Steve W's discussion A Cover a Day
"All-Winners #21 got its numbering from Young Allies. (It was you who set me straight on…"
5 hours ago
Steve W replied to Steve W's discussion A Cover a Day
"Determined to grab some of the lucrative "Archie" sales, DC launched its own version in…"
6 hours ago
ClarkKent_DC replied to Wandering Sensei: Moderator Man's discussion What Comic Books Have You Read Today?
"Kevlar is bullet-resistant, but it's not impregnable."
7 hours ago
Dave Palmer replied to Steve W's discussion A Cover a Day
"Klein was already doing production work and lettering.by the time New Talent Showcase…"
7 hours ago
Lee Houston, Junior replied to Steve W's discussion A Cover a Day
"To Dave Palmer: Most of those names I've heard of and liked their work in the years since, but…"
8 hours ago
Richard Willis replied to Steve W's discussion A Cover a Day
"All-Winners had 20 issues, numbered 11-19 and 21. The numbering after 19 continued as a teen humor…"
8 hours ago
The Baron replied to The Baron's discussion The List of 942 Super-Heroines
"Good points."
9 hours ago
Rob Staeger (Grodd Mod) replied to Jeff of Earth-J's discussion Dark Shadows
"I saw up through episode 656 last night. Joe has snapped (he's freaking out because his…"
9 hours ago
Jeff of Earth-J replied to Wandering Sensei: Moderator Man's discussion What Comic Books Have You Read Today?
"YOUNG GODS & FRIENDS: We were talking about BWS's Storyteller and Adastra in Africa last…"
10 hours ago

© 2022   Captain Comics, board content ©2013 Andrew Smith   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service