In his weekly "Things that Made Me Happy in This Week's Comics" post, Scipio mentions a severe change to Black Canary's origin. Anyone know what's he's talking about? I assume it happened in Green Arrow/Black Canary.

You need to be a member of Captain Comics to add comments!

Join Captain Comics

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Hey, I want to know, too!
  • A commenter on the blog speculates that the change might be that she began her crimefighting after/because she developed her Canary Cry. But it wasn't clear to me if the commenter had read the story or was just speculating about a possible change. I really liked the fought-crime-as-a-nonpowered-adventurer-but-got-powers-during-the-same-attack-that-killed-her-husband origin, but I guess that's been inoperative for years.
  • In the latest issue, it's revealed that she got her cry in her teens, Dinah the elder called Wildcat to help her deal with it, and Wildcat convinced Dinah the younger to give superheroics a try...against the wishes of her mother.

Rob Staeger said:
    A commenter on the blog speculates that the change might be that she began her crimefighting after/because she developed her Canary Cry. But it wasn't clear to me if the commenter had read the story or was just speculating about a possible change. I really liked the fought-crime-as-a-nonpowered-adventurer-but-got-powers-during-the-same-attack-that-killed-her-husband origin, but I guess that's been inoperative for years.
  • Thanks, Rich!
  • Because the first thing you think of when someone develops a strong singing voice is to call Ted Grant...
This reply was deleted.