About a third of DC Comics editorial staffers are being laid off, Jim Lee demoted as publisher, editor-in-chief Bob Harras gets the ax, and DC Universe streaming service is gutted. Also, DC Collectibles may have been shelved.

from The Hollywood Reporter"DC Comics, DC Universe Hit By Major Layoffs"

from The Beat: "DC Layoffs Reportedly a 'Bloodbath'"

from CBR: "DC Entertainment Hit Hard by WarnerMedia Layoffs"

Views: 218

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I recently dropped all of the current DC series I had been reading (Green Lantern, Far Sector, Shazam!, LSH), but I had really been looking forward to that "5G" thing. Guess I'll stop looking for it now.

I dropped most DC comics  (except for Far Sector), partly because I found the continuity harder and harder to follow.  It seems like it's being re-written more and more often.

Actually, so far the only issue of Far Sector I have actually missed is #7.

There are reports that 5G has indeed been cancelled, but a couple of its leading stories seem to be making the light of the day in some form, specifically in Detective Comics #1027 and a Flash Forward paperback published just over a month ago.

https://bleedingcool.com/comics/dc-confirms-generations-is-cancelle...

Jeff of Earth-J said:

I recently dropped all of the current DC series I had been reading (Green Lantern, Far Sector, Shazam!, LSH), but I had really been looking forward to that "5G" thing. Guess I'll stop looking for it now.

I subscribe to Joe Hill's newsletter. In the most recent one he does not mention the DC situation directly, but he does say: "Hill House bids all a bloody 'farewell and adieu' with the release of Plunge #6. It's the final chapter in the story of Moriah Lamb, William Qumaq, and the Carpenter brothers, as they make their last stand together against the horrors rising from the Arctic waters. And with this issue, Hill House Comics itself has to close its black door for a little while (cree-e-ee-e-aa-k)."

That certainly implies that it was part of the cuts. But maybe it was going to end soon anyway. He does also have some good news on the collected editions front: "This first wave of Hill House comics may have wrapped up its run of monthly issues, but the onslaught of hardcovers is just beginning! Basketful of Heads -- the story of a woman fighting off home invaders with an occult axe -- drops on September 8th, and will be available everywhere graphic novels are sold, including your local bookstore and/or ye olde comic shoppe."

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Welcome!

No flame wars. No trolls. But a lot of really smart people.The Captain Comics Round Table tries to be the friendliest and most accurate comics website on the Internet.

SOME ESSENTIALS:

RULES OF THE ROUND TABLE

MODERATORS

SMILIES FOLDER

TIPS ON USING THE BOARD

FOLLOW US:

OUR COLUMNISTS:

Groups

© 2020   Captain Comics, board content ©2013 Andrew Smith   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service