Cap attacked by tcj.com writer

Go here: http://www.tcj.com/?p=1069 Really nice. I daresay our Captain has done more for sharing a love of comics with the masses than this pretentious, elitist, pompous windbag, Heidi MacDonald at The Beat linked to it by saying "Now that's more like it", which was disappointing; I thought more of Heidi than that.

You need to be a member of Captain Comics to add comments!

Join Captain Comics

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• That is disappointing but lets not return the favor of personal attacks and instead answer back with our customary civility...
  • I saw that this morning in the office. I'm not surprised to see that coming from The Comics Journal; what was startling was that it received a excited recommendation from Heidi MacDonald. I can't see how anybody who could herself to be a professional journalist would find that childish attack on Cap to be insightful criticism in any way.
  • I've never read this TCJ. I prefer more intellectual fare, like Wizard.
  • I can't read it. I get an Apache Software page instead.
  • Try this, Luke, it's a link to the article at the Beat, just look for (ugh) "Now that's more like it!"

http://pwbeat.publishersweekly.com/blog/2009/12/11/kibbles-n-bits-1...

Luke Blanchard said:
    I can't read it. I get an Apache Software page instead.
  • One would think that a college professor, with a number of degrees from an Ivy League university, would be able to express his views in a more mature manner.
  • Thanks, John. The Publishers Weekly link works for me, but no Comics Journal link does.
  • Many of The Comics Journal's writers keep their noses in the air when it comes to superhero comics. They're rather like those people who "don't own a television."
  • Sigh. Very unprofessional.
  • "One would think that a college professor, with a number of degrees from an Ivy League university . . . ."

Unfortunately---as I have learnt all too well in my life---academic credentials are no guarantee of civility. Certainly not in this instance.
This reply was deleted.