Go here:

http://www.tcj.com/?p=1069

Really nice. I daresay our Captain has done more for sharing a love of comics with the masses than this pretentious, elitist, pompous windbag, Heidi MacDonald at The Beat linked to it by saying "Now that's more like it", which was disappointing; I thought more of Heidi than that.

Views: 278

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

That is disappointing but lets not return the favor of personal attacks and instead answer back with our customary civility...
I saw that this morning in the office. I'm not surprised to see that coming from The Comics Journal; what was startling was that it received a excited recommendation from Heidi MacDonald. I can't see how anybody who could herself to be a professional journalist would find that childish attack on Cap to be insightful criticism in any way.
I've never read this TCJ. I prefer more intellectual fare, like Wizard.
I can't read it. I get an Apache Software page instead.
Try this, Luke, it's a link to the article at the Beat, just look for (ugh) "Now that's more like it!"

http://pwbeat.publishersweekly.com/blog/2009/12/11/kibbles-n-bits-1...

Luke Blanchard said:
I can't read it. I get an Apache Software page instead.
One would think that a college professor, with a number of degrees from an Ivy League university, would be able to express his views in a more mature manner.
Thanks, John. The Publishers Weekly link works for me, but no Comics Journal link does.
Many of The Comics Journal's writers keep their noses in the air when it comes to superhero comics. They're rather like those people who "don't own a television."
Sigh. Very unprofessional.
"One would think that a college professor, with a number of degrees from an Ivy League university . . . ."

Unfortunately---as I have learnt all too well in my life---academic credentials are no guarantee of civility. Certainly not in this instance.
I would make a comment about it, but I refuse to read such vitriol, to give someone another page hit. It's like when someone tastes the milk, makes a face, and asks you to taste it and see if it it sour. No thanks, I trust you...
Commander Benson said:
"One would think that a college professor, with a number of degrees from an Ivy League university . . . ."
Unfortunately---as I have learnt all too well in my life---academic credentials are no guarantee of civility. Certainly not in this instance.

Agreed, Commander. Education is no guarantee of civility.

I won't read this article, either. I read one issue of The Comics Journal many years ago. I was so put off by the snooty attitude that I never spent any money on it again.

John D, you make a good point...these folks think that anything that is made for a mass audience is nothing but, in the words of Colonel Potter, horse hockey. A lot of it is, but I think our Captain knows a good comic when he sees it.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Groups

Latest Activity

JD DeLuzio replied to Steve W's discussion A Cover a Day
"We've had a number of reposts recently... Could it be we've been partying a little too…"
2 hours ago
Richard Willis replied to Steve W's discussion A Cover a Day
4 hours ago
Richard Willis replied to Captain Comics's discussion Archie in November 2022: Wouldja believe: Bob Phantom?
"This cover needs to be on the side of a building."
4 hours ago
ClarkKent_DC replied to The Baron's discussion Movies I Have Seen Lately
"We caught Thor: Love and Thunder over the weekend. I understand the critics didn't like…"
6 hours ago
The Baron replied to Captain Comics's discussion Archie in November 2022: Wouldja believe: Bob Phantom?
""Wouldja believe: Bob Phantom?" As you may well have intended, I totally…"
8 hours ago
The Baron replied to Captain Comics's discussion Archie in November 2022: Wouldja believe: Bob Phantom?
"Can everyone manage to avoid Jinx’s wave of unfortunate events, or will they all end up on…"
8 hours ago
Captain Comics posted a discussion

Archie in November 2022: Wouljda believe: Bob Phantom?

On Sale Date: 11/16BOB PHANTOM (ONE SHOT)…See More
9 hours ago
Irma Kruhl replied to Steve W's discussion A Cover a Day
"Thanks, Steve. My schedule is crazy so I don't often have a lot of free time but I will try…"
10 hours ago
The Baron replied to The Baron's discussion Ultraman Manga, by Eiichi Shimizu & Tomohiro Shimoguchi (Mildy Spoiler-ish)
"Volume Fifteen Valky o ce again approaches Taro.Dan talks to Shi jiro aboutn whether or not the…"
11 hours ago
Richard Willis replied to Jeff of Earth-J's discussion Swamp Thing
""Carlton Sunderland" is revealed to be Arcane in Sunderland's body. It's like…"
11 hours ago
Jeff of Earth-J replied to Jeff of Earth-J's discussion Swamp Thing
"ISSUE #135: Swamp Thing has gone catatonic again, just as he did after "Anatomy…"
11 hours ago
Steve W replied to Steve W's discussion A Cover a Day
"A warm welcome to new poster Irma Kruhl . Great to see you here - as Alice Cooper…"
11 hours ago

© 2022   Captain Comics, board content ©2013 Andrew Smith   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service