Replies

• I've continued as a member for many years, and get their emails constantly. I don't frequent any comic discussion sites except this one, so haven't seen anything about this until now.

• I don't remember if this was before or after the allegations were first brought public, but I was at a part in Texas, and there was a group of creators talking about him. No one had anything good to say, and a few of them flat out said that they wouldn't work with the CBLDF as long as Charles Brownstein was a port of it.

• I used to donate to the organization, but haven't for years, in part because of Brownstein. Can't believe the board - with some people I really respect on it - tolerated him for so long. Glad he's gone, but I think CBLDF needs to take a really hard look at why he wasn't gone YEARS ago.
  • I didn't know anything about this until this morning, when I saw a Bleeding Cool article that referenced an old article from The Comics Journal in 2006 detailing the allegations. There's been recent momentum to air that out, in the whirlwind of similar allegations, true and false, being made against multiple figures this week..

When I saw the article this morning, Brownstein hadn't resigned, nor was there word he intended to or that he was getting fired.

• Everything I see says he's out. Here's the statement from CBLDF:

http://cbldf.org/2020/06/a-statement-from-the-comic-book-legal-defe...

• Bleeding Cool now has a statement from a former CBLDF staffer saying that when she resigned in 2010 after six months of "unacceptable and dangerous conditions of my employment, and after numerous complaints to the board," they made her sign a non-disclosure agreement or they would demand she repay a $5,000 relocation fee.

"CBLDF Board Made Employee Sign NDA Not to Talk About Her Departure"

• I don't think she will have trouble getting rid of the NDA. These agreements are being invalidated over and over again regarding sexual harassment. 

This reply was deleted.