Oh, guys, I'm so sorry.

I was answering questions on my tablet tonight instead of my laptop, and as I thought I was posting the answers, I hit something that said I wanted to delete the whole thread. And since it was waiting on me to post, and I wasn't used to doing this on the tablet, I clicked OK. And then it stalled, I realized what I'd done, and hit Cancel! Cancel! as often as I could...but it was too late. The thread was gone -- not just the post, but the entire thread -- and I don't see any way of bringing it back. I'm going to email Ning's support team to see if there's any way of retrieving it, but I think it's gone. 

In the meantime, all I can do is apologize profusely. Using my laptop, before I do any more damage. I'm so sorry, guys. Believe me when I say I'm mortified.

I'll recap the questions I've been asked down below, so we can proceed, but hopefully I'll get word from Ning on whether anything can be done in the next day or so. 

Rob

OK, since Luke had the foresight to keep a copy of the rules handy, I can reproduce them here...in bold!

I thought this game might work. The player holding the chair selects a character. The challenge for the other players is to guess who the character is. They get twenty questions.

All questions have to have to be framed so as to allow the answer "Yes" or "No". The chair can give extra information if he or she chooses, and frame an appropriate response if neither answer fits.

Players may only ask a fifth consecutive question if four hours have passed since their last one. (Since the guess, not the answer.) The first player to guess the answer takes the chair.

Only characters that have made at least two appearances are eligible. So Franklin Storm is, but not Tomazooma. Only characters that first appeared in US comic books are eligible. So not Captain Britain, Dick Tracy, Tarzan, Thor.

(revisions made to rules)

You need to be a member of Captain Comics to add comments!

Join Captain Comics

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• It's not a problem, as it wasn't a thread one could read back through, and I've kept a list of the characters picked so far in a separate thread. Google has a cache of at least the first page. This was the intro post:

I thought this game might work. The player holding the chair selects a character. The challenge for the other players is to guess who the character is. They get twenty questions.

All questions have to have to be framed so as to allow the answer "Yes" or "No". The chair can give extra information if he or she chooses, and frame an appropriate response if neither answer fits.

Players may only ask a fifth consecutive question if four hours have passed since their last one. (Since the guess, not the answer.) The first player to guess the answer takes the chair.

Only characters that have made at least two appearances are eligible. So Franklin Storm is, but not Tomazooma. Only characters that first appeared in US comic books are eligible. So not Captain Britain, Dick Tracy, Tarzan, Thor.

(revisions made to rules)

• Thanks, Luke! I'll go add these to the opening post. I'm glad you preserved these!

And for some reason I started this post twice. I'm going to delete the other once I reproduce the facts about the latest subject here. 

• Anyway, here's what we've learned before I set things disastrously off-course. It's a DC character.

The character is:

Not male

Part of a team (not a formal one, but close enough for horseshoes)

Has appeared post-Rebirth

Does not have a color, bird, or animal in her name. (Although, come to think of it, you might say she has one of those things in her name after all. If you couldn't spell.)

By one widely accepted definition, did not debut in the Silver Age. But probably close enough for horseshoes.

Did not debut between 1965 and 1986.

And there's one other question I was asked that I can't remember, so let's call it 6 questions so far. 

Again, guys, I'm so embarrassed and sorry about this. 

• Is the character a female villain?

• Is she more known as a Barman villain?

• I mean of course - Is she known as a Barman villain?

(Fumble Fingers indeed!)

Richard Mantle said:

Is she more known as a Barman villain?

• 7) She's not a villain, nor 8) a Batman villain.

• Did the character debut before the appearance of Showcase #4 in 1956?

• 9) Did the character debut before the appearance of Showcase #4 in 1956?

She did.

• My fourth question: Is the team a team of only two persons?

This reply was deleted.