Give The Best Of The Following:

1. One-Shot
2. Mini-Series of Less Than Eight Issues
3. Mini-Series of Eight Issues or More
4. Ongoing Series that Ran Less Than 100 Issues (But More Than 30)
5. Ongoing Series that Ran More Than 100 Issues

Views: 207

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I'll accept that last point.
On the movie podcast Filmspotting, hey use a concept called "The Pantheon" for their Top 5 lists. There are some works that are so phenomenal that they'd dominate every top 5 they qualified for, so they put them in the Pantheon -- honoring them, but excluding them from the Top 5 so their lists can remain fresh and fun.

With that explanation, I'm putting The Dark Knight Returns, Watchmen, and Sandman into the Pantheon. And heck, let's include The Lee-Kirby FF and the Lee-Ditko Spider-Man as well.

Now then:

1. One-Shot I'd like to put the Nearness of You (great choice, Hammer!) but I consider it part of the Astro City series, not so much a one-shot. So I'll suggest Kill Your Boyfriend.
2. Mini-Series of Less Than Eight Issues Y'know, I haven't read it for a while, but I really enjoyed Mike Allred's alternative history of Rock & Roll, Red Rocket 7.
3. Mini-Series of Eight Issues or More Gotta go with nostalgia, here: Camelot 3000 blew my teenage socks clean off.
4. Ongoing Series that Ran Less Than 100 Issues (But More Than 30) Starman hmm.. Or Hitman. Or Preacher. Hell, why does everyone malign the 90s?
5. Ongoing Series that Ran More Than 100 Issues Well, it was stretched across a number of different titles, but no one will begrudge me putting The Legion of Superheroes into this category, will they?
I'm resurrecting this thread, because I just remembered:

3. Mini-Series of Eight Issues or More

Should have gone with Local by Brian Wood & Ryan Kelly. Absolutely brilliant, and the Oni hardcover collection is gorgeous.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Groups

Latest Activity

doc photo replied to The Baron's discussion Movies I Have Seen Lately
"My wife and I attended the same Fathom double feature in our area and I agree wholeheartedly on the…"
41 minutes ago
Philip Portelli replied to The Baron's discussion The List of 756 Super-Heroines
"Chameleon Girl (Yera Allon)"
50 minutes ago
Jeff of Earth-J replied to ClarkKent_DC's discussion The New Season (2022)
"I was also going to mention, about CSI: Vegas, its characters professionalism. Almost the entire…"
51 minutes ago
Jeff of Earth-J replied to The Baron's discussion The List of 756 Super-Heroines
"Are we not supposed to do it that way? I can only think of one thing at a time."
1 hour ago
Jeff of Earth-J replied to Captain Comics's discussion Comics Guide: Oct. 3-10, 2022
""All roads lead to COLD WAR, a new CAPTAIN AMERICA event kicking off in Spring…"
1 hour ago
Jeff of Earth-J replied to Steve W's discussion A Cover a Day
"I'll snag this one before someone else does. "Complete Your Collection special!"…"
1 hour ago
JD DeLuzio replied to The Baron's discussion Movies I Have Seen Lately
"That sounds great! I've seen the 1925 Phantom of the Opera on the big screen, complete with…"
2 hours ago
Peter Wrexham replied to Steve W's discussion A Cover a Day
"One of my favourite limited series from the 1980s."
4 hours ago
Captain Comics replied to Captain Comics's discussion Comics Guide: Oct. 3-10, 2022
"I've seen 'em both, but I really only remember Damn Yankees. I saw Bedazzled on TV when I…"
7 hours ago
Richard Willis replied to Captain Comics's discussion Comics Guide: Oct. 3-10, 2022
"SAGA VOL. 10 TP I read the first trade and liked it. But I've become a collection snob and…"
8 hours ago
The Baron replied to The Baron's discussion The List of 754 Super-Heroines
"Added Retro Girl and the Phantom."
8 hours ago
The Baron replied to The Baron's discussion The List of 754 Super-Heroines
"Added the Valkyrie and the Sky Witch from Top:The Forty-Niners. It just occurred to me…"
8 hours ago

© 2022   Captain Comics, board content ©2013 Andrew Smith   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service