THE CAPTAIN'S COMMENTS

In a press release touting four second printings this week, Marvel said "These red-hot titles join over 30 titles from the massively popular All-New Marvel NOW! initiative to return for second printings!"

Now, honestly, does anyone really believe a word of that?

Marvel has been estimating print runs since 1939, when it was Timely Comics. And ever since the advent of the direct market, publishers more or less print to match orders -- there's not a lot of guesswork to that.If you get orders for 30,000, you print 30,000 -- and maybe a few thousand more, for re-orders. The end.

But somehow Marvel grossly underprinted 30 times since the "All-New Marvel NOW" initiative started? Wow, someone should be fired. I mean, that's amazingly incompetent. It should be costing Marvel buckets of money to start a second press run from scratch (times 30) -- and they'd be screaming bloody murder, rather than bragging about it.

Which is why I can't believe it's true. It seems far more likely, that instead of underprinting 30 times in a row, they're either shorting the print run so they can claim a sell-out, or they're simply lying. Either way, it's exceptionally dishonest, and as someone with an IQ in triple digits, I feel pretty insulted.

Your mileage, of course, may vary. In the meantime, Marvel's got several #1s coming out this week that are worth a look -- especially since they're likely to "sell out." They are:

Deadpool vs. Carnage #1 (of 5): I'm a relatively recent 'Pool convert; it took a long time for me to warm up to a character/premise that A) treated my beloved superheroes less than seriously and B) treated murder and mayhem as humor. But I finally turned the corner and find Deadpool funny. So what do they do? They pair him with my absolute least favorite Spider-villain, the boring and one-note Carnage! Well, others may feel differently, and if you do, here it is.

Inhuman #1: This was a book Marvel was pushing pretty hard, then canceled it without explanation, but with a promise to re-solicit. Now it's finally arriving, without a peep of PR. Methinks that doesn't bode well. Anyway, the premise is that the Terrigen Mists have been released worldwide, so various people with recessive Inhumans genes suddenly sprout super-powers in a world that hates and fears them. That sounds familiar somehow, but I can't quite put my finger on it.

What If: Age of Ultron #1 (of 5): This is a five-issue miniseries coming out weekly in April, a month that conveniently has five weeks. And, while I struggled with the actual Age of Ultron storyline (I swear, I'm going to have to read it a second time to figure out exactly what happened that stayed "happened"), but this is an interesting premise. The idea is: What if a founding Avenger other than Hank Pym was killed before he created Ultron? Each issue will snuff a different Avenger in the SIlver Age, and play out the string, starting with The Wasp in issue #1. (Without taking the time to look, I'm guessing the next four issues will knock off Iron Man, Thor, Captain America and Hulk.) As with most things, the execution will determine whether it's a thing worth doing.

Ticker: Aquaman and the Others debuts at DC ... Batman '66 gets its first collection ... Richard Corben writes and draws Edgar Allan Poe's The Premature Burial at Dark Horse ... Gilbert Hernandez writes and draws Fatima: The Blood Spinners HC ... '68: Rule of War #1 (of 4) debuts at Image ... Burn the Orphange artist writes and draws Self-Obsessed one-shot about -- well, himself ... four-issue mini Shotgun Wedding will release weekly through April 23 ... Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy Prelude two-issue miniseries debuts ... Ultimate Spider-Man hits issue #200.

THIS WEEK'S COMICS

This list is assembled from the website of Diamond Comic Distributors Inc. and is subject to change. Clicking on most images results in a larger image. Comments by Captain Comics are in blue, and comments by The Baron are in brown.

ACTION LAB

FINAL PLAGUE #5 (of 5)

Writer: JD ARNOLD

Artist/Cover: TONY GUARALDI-BROWN

1 in 5 variant ratio variant: JOHN (SUPER UGLY) WILLIAMS

32 pages/Rated Mature/$2.99

As the opening arc comes to close, can Drs. Stohr and Friedman escape the overrun facility at Lakehurst? Will the Michaels be forced from their family farm? And a major character falls! The end is just the beginning for this zombie animal epic! Special Notes: Features the series’ first variant cover, part of Action Lab’s Ugly Love variant cover month.

SKYWARD #6

Writer: JEREMY DALE

Art/Cover: JEREMY DALE & Various

$2.99

Now an ongoing series! Skerrigan has uncovered Quinn's hidden sanctuary -- now it's a fight to the finish as Quinn, the Travelers and the Rabites fight for their lives! Also, is that an army at Three Rivers' gates? From rising star creator Jeremy Dale (G.I. Joe, NFL Rush Zone, Marvel Kapow!), this issue also features a retailer incentive cover by Randy Green (Buffy,Witchblade, Dollz) with Laura Martin (Thor, Authority)!

ARCHIE COMICS

THE BEST OF ARCHIE COMICS: BETTY & VERONICA (TPB)

Writer: Various

Art: Various

Cover: NORM BREYFOGLE

$9.99/$10.99CAN

5 1/4 x 7 1/2”

Trade Paperback, 416 pp

In the tradition of the smash hits Best of Archie Comics vol. 1, 2 and 3 comes another great full-color volume jam-packed with over 400 pages of the funniest and most iconic stories of the past 70 years featuring Archie's girl friends Betty and Veronica, hand-selected by Archie creators, editors, fans and historians from 200,000 pages of material. A must-have edition for anyone who has ever enjoyed the Betty and Veronica comics as well as a great introduction to the history of Archie and his gals!

It's really impressive to me that Norm Breyfogle can draw both good Batman stories and good Archie stories.

BETTY & VERONICA DOUBLE DIGEST #222

Writer: ANGELO DECESARE

Art: JEFF SHULTZ., AL MILGROM, JACK MORELLI, BARRY GROSSMAN

Cover: JEFF SHULTZ, BOB SMITH, ROSARIO "TITO" PENA

On Sale Date: 3/26

160-page, full color comic, $3.99 U.S.

Veronica’s had enough with her parents overbearing ways and demands some freedom! This time she really means it -- so much so that she leaves home and moves into her own apartment! She’s ready to prove to her mom and dad that she can make it on her own without their help. Can she manage to live on her own, take on a part time job and succeed in school? Or will she come crying home to Daddykins? Find out in “Runaway Ronnie,” this entertaining lead story to a fun and fashionable double digest!

DARK HORSE

#1 FOR $1: ITTY BITTY HELLBOY

Writer/Art/Cover: ART BALTAZAR

Writer: FRANCO

FC, 32 pages, $1.00

One-shot

Who is Hellboy anyway? Why does he have such a big hand and what is it used for? Who's weirder, him or his friends? What is the B.P.R.D.? And what does chicken soup have to do with all of it? All this and more is answered in this premium-priced debut issue where BIG things happen to itty bitty Hellboy!

• Mike Mignola’s characters drawn by Art Baltazar (Tiny Titans, Superman Family, Aw Yeah! Comics)!

• The Itty Bitty Hellboy TPB hits shelves April 16!

It's really weird how much this reminds me of Hot Stuff, the Little Devil!

ANGEL & FAITH SEASON 10 #1

Writer: VICTOR GISCHLER

Art: WILL CONRAD

Colors: MICHELLE MADSEN

Cover: SCOTT FISCHER

Variant: CHRIS SAMNEE

Ultravariant: REBEKAH ISAACS

FC, 32 pages, $3.50

Ongoing

Season 10 begins!

Angel’s work is never done. During his most recent world saving, a part of London was transformed and flooded with magic. Who better to watch over this magical community than Angel? At least, that’s what he thinks. Meanwhile, Faith starts a new chapter in her life -- slaying zompires alongside Buffy?!

• Will Conrad (Serenity, Nightwing) returns to the Whedonverse!

• Executive produced by Joss Whedon!

BAD BLOOD #4 (of 5)

Writer: JONATHAN MABERRY

Art/Cover: TYLER CROOK

FC, 32 pages, $3.99

Miniseries

Bram Stoker award winner Jonathan Maberry!

Our heroes finally find the information they need and, with the help of their battle-hardened teacher, they learn the art of fighting vampires. But can they overcome their weaknesses to truly fight the monsters that are after them? Or will they succumb to the battles raging within?

• Art by Eisner Award winner Tyler Crook (B.P.R.D., The Sixth Gun)

BRODY'S GHOST VOL 5 (TPB)

Writer/Artist: MARK CRILLEY

B&W, 96 pages, $7.99

TP, 5 1/4" x 7 1/2"

Brody gets a pivotal lead in his search for the Penny Murderer and his quest to save his ex-girlfriend’s life! But to follow it, Brody has to break ties with his ghostly guide Talia, just when he needs her most!

• From multiple Eisner nominee Mark Crilley (Akiko, Miki Falls)!

• Brody’s quest races toward its climax!

• Bargain-priced 96-page digest!

BUZZKILL (TPB)

Writers: DONNY CATES, MARK REZNICEK

Art/Cover: GEOFF SHAW

Colors: LAUREN AFFE

FC, 104 pages, $14.99

TP, 7” x 10”

He’s falling down the twelve steps!

Ruben is not your average alcoholic; he’s an unstoppable superhero who derives his powers from imbibing massive amounts of alcohol. After all the disasters his addiction has caused, he’s ready to get clean. When he joins a twelve-step recovery program, the city’s supervillains couldn’t be happier! Collects issues #1-4 of the series.

• Co-written by Toadies drummer Mark Reznicek!

“The story is strong, the art beautiful.” -- Unleash the Fanboy

“The story gets better and better with each turn of the pages.” -- Forces of Geek

EDEN VOL 14: IT'S AN ENDLESS WORLD (TPB)

Writer/Art/Cover: HIROKI ENDO

$12.99

Hiroki Endo's epic manga series returns to blow fans away with a 232-page volume crammed with jaw-dropping battle sequences and strange sci-fi twists! Several years after our last volume, Elijah is still on a mission to free his sister from the Propater organization's clutches, but an older Mana has some skills of her own-and a lethal bodyguard to boot!

EDGAR ALLAN POE'S THE PREMATURE BURIAL

Writer/Art/Cover: RICHARD CORBEN

FC, 32 pages, $3.99

One-shot

Eisner Award Hall of Famer Richard Corben!

The fear of being buried alive is presented in two horrifying Poe adaptations by Eisner Hall of Fame inductee Richard Corben -- “The Premature Burial” and “The Cask of Amontillado.”

“Richard Corben’s art. Man, the guy just gets better and better. There is no plateau. Corben is like an aged single malt whisky, with depth and maturity added by years.” -- Comics Bulletin

This will probably be delightful. Well, in a gory, scary kind of way.

FATIMA: THE BLOOD SPINNERS (HC)

Writer/Art/Cover: GILBERT HERNANDEZ

$19.99

Comics luminary Gilbert Hernandez envisions his strangest, most thrilling future yet! A drug called "spin" offers the wildest trip imaginable, followed by its users' inevitable, rapid deterioration into undead flesh eaters. Despite the side effect, the drug is so popular that the human population is dying out! With no cure to be found, the beautiful, lovesick Fatima may be the only thing standing between the survivors and the apocalypse! Get ready for zombies, mutants, drug lords and gorgeous women! Collecting the complete, berserk series!

From Love and Rockets co-creator Gilbert Hernandez!

"I picture Gilbert Hernandez approaching his drawing board these days like Lawrence of Arabia approaching a Turkish convoy: 'NO PRISONERS! NO PRISONERS!'" -- Comic Book Resources

I want to like Gilbert's art, but appreciation always eludes me. I just don't care for it.

FEAR AGENTS VOL 1: RE-IGNITION (2ND EDITION TPB)

Writer: RICK REMENDER

Art: TONY MOORE

FC, 112 pages, $9.99

TP, 7” x 10”

When down-and-out alien exterminator Heath Huston stumbles upon an extraterrestrial legion of amoebas preparing to annihilate Earth, he's forced to choose between the bottle and resuming his role as a peacekeeper, as the last Fear Agent. Collecting Fear Agent #1-4.

• Rick Remender (Uncanny X-Force, Captain America) and Tony Moore’s (Uncanny X-Force, The Avengers) magnum opus.

• Brand new edition of the classic Fear Agent!

“The rarest of the rare; pure action mixed with an intense look at humanity.” -- Comics Bulletin

This series was where Remender hit the radar screen. I've never read it, though.

GRINDHOUSE: DOORS OPEN AT MIDNIGHT #7 (of 8)

Writer: ALEX DE CAMP

Art: GARY ERSKINE

Cover: FRANCESCO FRANCAVILLA

FC, 32 pages, $3.99

Miniseries

Lace up for the “Flesh Feast”! Built on the site of a Puritan-era curse, Camp Oneida is better known today for vicious hockey matches and even more intense pie fights! But when the Devil Doll returns to seduce and kill once more, the Oneida hockey girls make with the high-sticking!

• Gary Erskine (Judge Dredd, The Mask) joins the mayhem!

• Alex de Campi (Smoke, Valentine) brings her blood-and-guts A-game!

“Grindhouse is a hit. It’s wild, it’s crazy, and it’s for adults.” -- Comic Book Therapy

JUICE SQUEEZERS #4 (of 4)

Writer/Art/Cover: DAVID LAPHAM

Colors: LEE LOUGHRIDGE

FC, 32 pages, $3.99

Miniseries

The exterminators become the exterminated!?!?

The deadliest bug battle in the history of Weeville is imminent when the Juice Squeezers awaken the dormant horde below Valley May Farms! But what secrets hide below the surface? If he can live through the insect onslaught, the newest Squeezer might just find something truly unbelievable!

• Eisner Award winner David Lapham (Stray Bullets, The Strain) writes and draws his first creator-owned series since 2009’s Young Liars!

• Featured in Free Comic Book Day 2014!

LOBSTER JOHNSON: GET THE LOBSTER #3 (of 5)

Writers: MIKE MIGNOLA, JOHN ARCUDI

Art/Cover: TONCI ZONJIC

Colors: DAVE STEWART

FC, 32 pages, $3.99

Miniseries

All police resources are shifted to taking down Lobster Johnson after a vicious grenade fight in the NY streets. Meanwhile, bank vaults all around the city are exploding. Lobster knows it’s a trap, but justice is not afraid of traps.

“Lobster Johnson seems like the sort of deus ex machina hero who will watch and wait and provides the necessary thrills to justify every cent spent on this comic.” -- Comic Book Resources

LONE WOLF AND CUB OMNIBUS VOL 4 (TPB)

Writer: KAZUO KOIKE

Art: GOSEKI KOJIMA

Cover: FRANK MILLER

B&W, 696 pages, $19.99

TP, 5” x 7”

Eisner and Harvey Award winner!

Once the shogun’s loyal retainer and now a disgraced exile, Ogami Itto travels a path of vengeance with his son, Daigoro. As the authors of Itto’s fall, the Yagyu clan will stop at nothing to bury their treachery, and Itto will stop at nothing to bury the Yagyu! Collects four stories from Lone Wolf and Cub Volume 8, all of Volume 9, and three stories from Volume 10.

• Nearly 700 pages, value priced.

• Over one million copies sold of the original Dark Horse series!

• Cover by Frank Miller and Lynn Varley

Interesting historical fact:  The chief heel in Lone Wolf and Cub, Yagyū Retsudō, is loosely based on an actual historical figure, Yagyū Jūbei Mitsuyoshi.  Jūbei is one of the more heavily romanticized figures in Japanese history.  He generally is not portrayed as a heel the way Retsudō is.  There is a 12-year gap in the record of  Jūbei's life -- apparently even the Yagyū clan's secret records say nothing about his whereabouts then. Fictioneers have taken advantage of that gap to have him up to all sorts of things during that period.

NEON GENESIS EVANGELION: THE SHINJI IKARI DETECTIVE DIARY VOL 2 (TPB)

Writer/Art/Cover: TAKUMI YOSHIMURA

B&W, 184 pages, $9.99

TP, 5 1/8" x 7 1/4"

Shinji and Kaworu are on the case ... together!

First rule of finding yourself in a hole: stop digging! Too bad Shinji can’t seem to take that advice -- not while he’s in debt to the Kaji Detective Agency, while doing all the work of its lazy proprietors! And what should be a relaxing break with Rei at the aquarium turns into an embarrassing encounter with a rival.

• The most famous anime franchise of the last 20 years; aired on Adult Swim.

• New anime movie available from Funimation.

• Opening pages in full color.

This is another of the many "elseworlds" that have been written using the NGE characters -- I've seen at least three, myself.  There seem to have been a rash of "kid detective"manga out lately. I've read a couple of them, including the first volume of this. Part of the amusement value of this lies in seeing characters that one is used to usually seeing in the typically unrelentingly grim NGE-verse in a somewhat more lighthearted setting.  It can sometimes have a bit of a Watchmen Babies vibe to it. I imagine that someone who wasn't familiar with the original NGE might not get so much out of it.

TERMINATOR SALVATION: THE FINAL BATTLE #5 (of 12)

Writer: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

Art/Cover: PETE WOODS

Colors: MATT WILSON

FC, 32 pages, $3.99

Miniseries

John Connor’s assault on Skynet is met with a devastating counterattack! Controlled by a human serial killer with no loyalty to mankind, the Terminators’ deadly mechanical efficiency is now matched with the creativity and pleasure for killing of a murderous psychopath!

• From the mind of superstar writer J. Michael Straczynski (Ten Grand, Amazing Spider-Man, Thor)!

• Pete Woods (Superman, Deadpool) shows us the ultimate man vs. machine battle!

VEIL #2 (of 5)

Writer: GREG RUCKA

Art/Cover: TONI FEJZULA

FC, 32 pages, $3.50

Miniseries

A new mystery from Greg Rucka!

A conjuring doesn’t work out as planned, and one man’s life is in danger ... but when you have the powers of the devil at your fingertips, how bad can it get? Double-crossed and angry, the mystery man is on the hunt ... and Veil is his target.

• From Eisner Award–winning writer Greg Rucka (Whiteout, Stumptown, Queen & Country, Gotham Central)!

You need to be a member of Captain Comics to add comments!

Join Captain Comics

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• DC COMICS

ACTION COMICS #30

1936269920?profile=RESIZE_180x180Writer: GREG PAK

Art/Cover: AARON KUDER

1:25 MAD Variant cover

32 pg, FC, $3.99 US • RATED T

This issue will ship with two covers.

Following the events of FOREVER EVIL, Superman confronts Lex Luthor -- but the world has turned around for these two. The hero has become the villain and the villain the hero as forces beyond these two gather to destroy the Man of Steel, beginning with a dormant Doomsday who has crossed over from the Phantom Zone!

So Luthor's a hero again? I swear, Batman needs to take him down for good. (Sorry, Supes, you're just not mean enough.)

1801323517?profile=RESIZE_180x180AQUAMAN AND THE OTHERS #1

1936270936?profile=RESIZE_180x180Writer: DAN JURGENS

Art: LAN MEDINA and ED TADEO

Cover: IVAN REIS and JOE PRADO

1:25 Variant cover by DAN JURGENS and NORM RAPMUND

32 pg, FC, $2.99 US • RATED T

A “FUTURE'S END” prelude! Spinning out of AQUAMAN, the King of Atlantis and his teammates find themselves targeted by an unknown foe that wants their Atlantean artifacts! Don’t miss the start of this all-new series!

When "The Others" debuted, I actually thought, "Let's hope this isn't a set-up for a series." That's because, like almost any time heroes are mass-produced for a story, some of them are pretty lame. Even Geoff Johns can't hit a home run five times in a row, and a couple of the "Others" are bunts at best. Well, perhaps the execution will make them interesting somehow.

1801323517?profile=RESIZE_180x180BATMAN ‘66 VOL. 1 HC

1936271067?profile=RESIZE_180x180Writer: JEFF PARKER

Art: JONATHAN CASE, TY TEMPLETON, JOE QUINONES, SANDY JARRELL, RUBEN PROCOPIO, COLLEEN COOVER and others

Cover by MICHAEL ALLRED

176 pg, FC, $19.99 US

Put on your go-go boots and get ready to “Batusi” back to the Swingin’ 60s as DC Comics reimagines the classic Batman TV show! In this hardcover collecting issues #1-5 of the hit series, The Dynamic Duo takes on The Riddler, Mr. Freeze, The Penguin, The Mad Hatter, The Joker, and more of the world’s most colorful Bat-villains!

I've got a review copy of this, and now that I'm not projecting what I want from the series, I can accept it for what it is. And I like it better.

1801215765?profile=RESIZE_180x180BATMAN BEYOND: BATGIRL BEYOND (TPB)

1936273008?profile=RESIZE_180x180Writer: ADAM BEECHEN

Art: PETER NGUYEN, CRAIG YEUNG, NORM BREYFOGLE, ADAM ARCHER and ANNIE WU

Cover: ANNIE WU • 168 pg, FC, $14.99 US

Terry McGinnis and Bruce Wayne are the sworn protectors of Neo-Gotham. But a new hero is in town, one that has caught the attention of Commissioner Barbara Gordon: Batgirl! What role will this new vigilante she play in Neo-Gotham? Plus, Terry McGinnis faces a familiar foe and teams with the Metal Men in these stories from BATMAN BEYOND Digital Chapters #19-29 and BATMAN BEYOND (1999) #1-2.

I'm not surprised there's a Batgirl Beyond, but I am surprised this concept has lasted long enough for one to appear. Are there really huge Terry McGinnis fans out there?

1801291502?profile=RESIZE_180x180

BATWING #30

1936273367?profile=RESIZE_180x180Writer: JUSTIN GRAY and JIMMY PALMIOTTI

Art: EDUARDO PANSICA

Cover: DAN PANOSIAN

Batwing races Menace to attempt to save his family! But the Gotham Underground is about to boil over with anarchy, and no matter which tribe rises up from below Gotham City, Batwing will be the first target!

1801323517?profile=RESIZE_180x180DETECTIVE COMICS #30

1936273466?profile=RESIZE_180x180Writers: BRIAN BUCCELLATO and FRANCIS MANAPUL

Art/Cover: FRANCIS MANAPUL

32 pg, FC, $3.99 US • RATED T

Combo pack edition: $4.99 US

This issue will ship with three covers.

A bold new direction for DETECTIVE COMICS as THE FLASH creative team of Francis Manapul and Brian Buccelato take over the creative reins! Batman finds himself knee-deep in a new mystery involving a deadly new narcotic that has hit the streets of Gotham City.
    This issue is also offered as a combo pack edition with a redemption code for a digital download of this issue.

Manapul and Buccelato did a nice job with Flash, but it's a diametrially opposite series than anything with Mr. "I Am the Night" in it. I bet they can pull it off, but I'll keep my fingers crossed just the same.

1801323517?profile=RESIZE_180x180EARTH 2 #22

1936273663?profile=RESIZE_180x180Writer: TOM TAYLOR

Art: NICOLA SCOTT and TREVOR SCOTT

Cover: ANDY KUBERT

When all looks lost -- Green Lantern returns!

"When all looks lost -- Green Lantern returns!"

Oh, wow, Alan Scott isn't dead? You could knock me over with a feather!

1801323517?profile=RESIZE_180x180FAIREST #25

1936275556?profile=RESIZE_180x180Writer: MARC ANDREYKO

Art: SHAWN McMANUS

Cover: ADAM HUGHES

32 pg, FC, $2.99 US • MATURE READERS

“OF MEN AND MICE” barrels toward its epic conclusion in this penultimate chapter! The secrets of the mice/men hybrids are revealed! Cindy and the man responsible for it all return to Fabletown just in time for...chaos? Spies, intrigue, murder, and more rodents than a New York City subway tunnel!

Human-animal hybrids? Just as George W. Bush predicted!1801323517?profile=RESIZE_180x180

STIEG LARSSON’S THE GIRL WITH THE DRAGON TATTOO (TPB)

1936275668?profile=RESIZE_180x180Writer: DENISE MINA

Art: LEONARDO MANCO and ANDREA MUTTI

Cover: LEE BERMEJO

312 pg, FC, $24.99 US • MATURE READERS

The graphic novel adaptation of Stieg Larsson’s international blockbuster is now available in a single trade paperback volume! Harriet Vanger, a scion of one of Sweden’s wealthiest families, disappeared over forty years ago. All these years later, her aged uncle continues to seek the truth. He hires Mikael Blomkvist, a crusading journalist recently trapped by a libel conviction, to investigate. He is aided by the pierced and tattooed punk prodigy Lisbeth Salander. Together they tap into a vein of unfathomable iniquity and corruption!

I assume this is being re-released because the adaptation of the second book begins in June. So here's your chance to catch up!

Especially if you only saw the movie -- the book is a different animal in many ways.

GREEN ARROW #30

1936275804?profile=RESIZE_180x180Writer: JEFF LEMIRE

Art/Cover: ANDREA SORRENTINO

“The Outsiders War” Part 5! Arrow and Robert face a mob of Outsiders. It looks bad … but the cavalry is about to arrive in the form of Katana, Butcher, Magus and Kodiak! Will they be in time to save the day?

Have I posted my Green Arrow column yet? If not, you'll see that I think Lemire has really turned this series around. Yes, it's the old "You're the chosen one in a hidden war" scenario, but that's a boatload more interesting than "Newbie superhero makes many mistakes as he learns to be a grown-up," which is where the series was before.

1801323517?profile=RESIZE_180x180GREEN LANTERN #30

1936277866?profile=RESIZE_180x180Writer: ROBERT VENDITTI

Art/Cover: BILLY TAN

Combo pack edition: $3.99 US

This issue will ship with three covers.

Hal Jordan is surrounded on the homeworld of the Khund, the bloodthirsty military wing of a cosmic alliance that’s determined to crush the Green Lanterns! So why has he volunteered to fight without his ring?

This issue is also offered as a combo pack edition with a redemption code for a digital download of this issue.

"So why has he volunteered to fight without his ring?"

Because he's a macho idiot who's been committing acts of incredible stupidity like this since the Silver Age? Just a guess.

1801323517?profile=RESIZE_180x180HINTERKIND VOL. 1 (TPB)

1936279940?profile=RESIZE_180x180Writer: IAN EDGINTON

Art: FRANCESCO TRIFOGLI

Cover by GREG TOCCHINI

144 pg, FC, $9.99 US • MATURE READERS

Fifty-seven years after a biological event has all but wiped out the human race, the Hinterkind have returned. They come from the lost corners of the world: centaurs, elves, dwarves, trolls and worse. But these aren’t fairy tale creatures. They are flesh and blood, and they have a long-simmering hatred of humanity. Collects HINTERKIND #1-6.

THE SANDMAN. FABLES. THE UNWRITTEN. From its inception, Vertigo has set the standard for graphic fantasy with richly imagined, critically acclaimed series. Now comes HINTERKIND, Vertigo's next classic fantasy series. Boldly imagined by writer Ian Edginton and beautifully drawn by Francesco Trifogli, HINTERKIND VOL. 1: THE WAKING WORLD is a post-apocalyptic fantasy in which only the strange survive! In a world where humans have been pushed to the edge of extinction by the creatures of fantasy and fables, a young woman, Prosper Monday, goes on a quest to fulfill her destiny and put the world right again.

"It's a good gateway book for a non-comic reader," says writer Ian Edginton. "You could call it an intelligent action/adventure story with plenty of twists along the way. Things won't always go as you'd quite expect them. Heroes will do terrible things that make you question how long you can keep on rooting for such a character. Likewise, the so-called villains will do something that makes you think they're not so bad. Characters you like may die in sudden, stupid and violent ways because as Asa tells Prosper early on: This world has teeth, ready to devour the unwary."

After 300,000 years at the top of the food chain, it took only seven months for humanity to become an endangered species. The Blight killed nearly everyone, and changed everything. As skyscrapers sprouted forests and wild animals took over the deserted streets, the planet's new rulers emerged from their age-old hiding places. Elves and trolls, faeries and fauns, centaurs and satyrs, all the forgotten races behind countless myths and legends returned to reclaim the world they had lost to mankind. Now, in a tiny village tucked away in what was once
    Manhattan's Central Park, two rebellious teenagers are about to discover the true nature of the world beyond their small island home.

PRAISE FOR HINTERKIND:

"This looks like another home run for Vertigo, one that fits perfectly alongside FABLES, FAIREST, THE UNWRITTEN, and their other fantasy-driven titles." -- MTV Geek

"HINTERKIND manages to blend a bleak speculative future with a vibrant mythology fresh from a fairytale." -- IGN

"With its engaging protagonists, HINTERKIND does a fantastic job of establishing its apocalyptic vision." -- Bloody Disgusting

1936280230?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936280412?profile=RESIZE_180x180

JUSTICE LEAGUE VOL. 3: THRONE OF ATLANTIS (TPB)

1936280877?profile=RESIZE_180x180Writer: GEOFF JOHNS

Art: IVAN REIS, JOE PRADO, PAUL PELLETIER and others

192 pg, FC, $16.99 US

In this sea-splashed epic from JUSTICE LEAGUE #13-17 and AQUAMAN #15-16, Ocean Master leads the undersea forces in an attack on the United States! The Justice League must turn back the tide, but how can they save the world from annihilation?

I give Johns credit for trying to infuse Aquaman with some interesting qualities, but I'm not sure he succeeded, even with the spotlight in a Justice League story. But you can read and judge for yourself.

JUSTICE LEAGUE VOL. 4: THE GRID (HC)

1936282970?profile=RESIZE_180x180Writer: GEOFF JOHNS

Art: IVAN REIS, JOE PRADO, JESUS SAIZ, ZANDER CANNON, GENE HA, ANDRES GUINALDO and others

176 pg, FC, $24.99 US

These amazing tales from JUSTICE LEAGUE #18-20 and 22-23 lead into “Trinity War,” and spotlight Cyborg, Batman, Superman and Wonder Woman! Plus: Learn the secret behind Pandora’s Box!

This is the event that the New 52 has been building towards since the beginning! #1 New York Times best-selling writer Geoff Johns (GREEN LANTERN, BATMAN: EARTH ONE) brings together almost two years of plot threads for an epic tale that will forever change the shape of the DC Universe. As three teams of heroes -- the Justice League, the Justice League of America and the Justice League Dark -- fight among themselves, a greater threat is emerging. Will any heroes be left standing to face it?

"This is a blockbuster title that's sharpened its focus on character dynamics." -- Booklist

"A tense thriller that wastes no time sinking its teeth into the juicy story points you want to see explored." -- IGN

"Welcoming to new fans looking to get into superhero comics for the first time and old fans who gave up on the funny-books long ago ..." -- Complex Magazine

As I wrote somewhere else, this book ends on the same cliff-hanger as the Trinity War collection, which is to say that the story doesn't end. I suppose that won't bother most of us, but if I was a new reader I'd be pretty angry about spending $25 for half a story.

LOONEY TUNES #218

1936285362?profile=RESIZE_180x180Writer: MARV WOLFMAN

Art/Cover: WALTER CARZON and HORACIO OTTOLINI

32 pg, FC, $2.99 US • RATED E

Daffy Duck is sure he’d give the best-ever rendition of his pal Porky’s famous “Th-th-that’s all, folks!” Could he be too good at it, though? We’ll find out when the director gives him his big break!

1801323517?profile=RESIZE_180x180THE MOVEMENT #11

1936285616?profile=RESIZE_180x180Writer: GAIL SIMONE

Art: FREDDIE WILLIAMS II

Cover: RAYMUND BERMUDEZ

32 pg, FC, $2.99 US • RATED T+

Virtue's mysterious past is revealed! Plus, The Movement travels outside of Coral City for the first time to rescue their teammate Burden from his demonic brother!

1801323517?profile=RESIZE_180x180STORMWATCH #30

1936287307?profile=RESIZE_180x180Writer: STERLING GATES

Art/Cover: JEREMY ROBERTS

32 pg, FC, $2.99 US • RATED T+ • FINAL ISSUE

A “FUTURE'S END” prelude! The original Stormwatch team returns, as this story sets up the organization’s role in the future of the DC Universe!

1801323517?profile=RESIZE_180x180SUPERMAN: RED SON (NEW EDITION TPB)

1936289218?profile=RESIZE_180x180Writer: MARK MILLAR

Art: DAVE JOHNSON, KILIAN PLUNKETT, ANDREW ROBINSON and others

Cover: DAVE JOHNSON

168 pg, FC, $14.99 US

DC’s classic 3-issue epic is back in this new trade paperback. In this tale of Cold War paranoia, the spaceship carrying the infant Superman lands in the 1950s Soviet Union, where he grows up to become a symbol of Soviet power.

This is one of my top five Superman stories, if you haven't read it yet.

SWAMP THING #30

1936290901?profile=RESIZE_180x180Writer: CHARLES SOULE

Art/Cover: JESUS SAIZ

32 pg, FC, $2.99 US • RATED T+

Alec Holland contemplates the Sureen’s offer to turn him human … but if he does accept, what happens to his almost all-powerful body? He and his warrior companion Capucine must travel to India to find the answers … and to get there, they’ll need help from Vandal Savage!

1801323517?profile=RESIZE_180x180TRILLIUM #8

1936293052?profile=RESIZE_180x180Writer: JEFF LEMIRE

Art/Cover: JEFF LEMIRE

32 pg, FC, 8 of 8, $2.99 US • MATURE READERS

What is Nika’s ultimate destiny? And what role will William play in the survival of humankind? Can they finally be reunited before the universe unravels all around them? Vertigo’s sci-fi epic reaches its mindbending conclusion.

1801323517?profile=RESIZE_180x180TRINITY OF SIN: PHANTOM STRANGER #18

1936293071?profile=RESIZE_180x180Writer: J.M. DeMATTEIS

Art: FERNANDO BLANCO

Cover: GUILLEM MARCH

“The Crack in Creation” begins! Sin Eater and his new master, the mysterious Non, are marshaling an army of these in-between souls! Their goal? To invade the world of the living and set up a new order! Guest-starring Superman and Dr. Light, who is still dead!

"Guest-starring Superman and Dr. Light, who is still dead!"

Aw, c'mon, we know Dr. Light isn't going to stay dead. He's going to come back thirsting for vengeance and become a long-running Justice League foe!

1801323517?profile=RESIZE_180x180THE VAMPIRE DIARIES #4

1936294862?profile=RESIZE_180x180Writer: SEAN E. WILLIAMS and HEATHER NUHFER

Art: XERMANICO, ALAN QUAH and JASON GORDER

Cover: ALAN QUAH and JASON GORDER

40 pg, FC, $3.99 US • DIGITAL FIRST

Don’t miss this special Bennett Witch issue! In “1969,” Grams reveals the story behind her first meeting with Stefan Salvatore -- and her awakening as a force in the antiwar movement in Mystic Falls. Then, when Bonnie wasn’t visiting her boyfriend in Mystic Falls, she was learning more about her family’s powers … with devastating results!

1801323517?profile=RESIZE_180x180

• IDW PUBLISHING

GATE-WAY #4 (of 4)

1936259767?profile=RESIZE_180x180Joe Halpin Sr. (w)

Juanfrancisco Moyano (a & c)

FC • 32 pages • $3.99

Jake's quest to find his younger brother who died a year earlier takes him deep into the lair of the Dark Souls. In a thrilling confrontation he will rescue a friend, and make a powerful enemy.

1801215843?profile=RESIZE_180x180G.I. JOE: SPECIAL MISSIONS #13

1936259857?profile=RESIZE_180x180Writer: CHUCK DIXON

Art: PAUL GULACY

Cover: PAUL GULACY, WILL ROSADO

Variant: S L GALLANT

FC • 32 pages • $3.99

DESTRO MUST DIE part four! G.I. JOE brings the fight to DESTRO. Teaming up with an unexpected ally and assaulting DESTRO’s Russian hideout, SCARLETT and the Special Missions team hunt down the nefarious arms-dealer … but can they find him before COPPERBACK gets her revenge?

Chuck Dixon and Paul Gulacy close out DESTRO MUST DIE with an action-packed finale!

1801216885?profile=RESIZE_180x180JUDGE DREDD: THE COMPLETE CAM KENNEDY VOL 2 (HC)

1936259952?profile=RESIZE_180x180Writer: JOHN WAGNER

Art/Cover: CAM KENNEDY

HC • B&W • $49.99 • 328 pages • 9.25” x 12”

More classic Judge Dredd tales from master illustrator Cam Kennedy! Reprinted in classic black and white and featuring a wealth of complete stories, this collection features 'progs' such as "No Man's Land," "Big Deal at Drekk City," "Beyond Our Keny" and more.

“This is an outstanding book for Judge Dredd and Kennedy fans alike.” – Flickering Myth review of Vol. 1.

1936150540?profile=RESIZE_180x180

JUDGE DREDD: MEGA-CITY TWO #3 (of 5)

1936261736?profile=RESIZE_180x180Writer: DOUGLAS WOLK

Art/Cover: ULISES FARINAS

Subscription Variant: E.J. SU

FC • 32 pages • $3.99

The Law on the beach! The cameras are on Dredd as he patrols the coastline of Mega-City Two, but what happens when disaster strikes at an immigration checkpoint’s Citizenship Pageant? And what about the enormous man-eating shrimp that’s terrorizing what used to be the California waterfront?

• Judge Dredd visits Mega-City Two for the first time!

• Hyper-detailed art by Ulises Farinas (Glory)!

• The first comic series ever written by acclaimed journalist and Dredd aficionado Douglas Wolk!

• Ask your retailer about the E.J. Su (Transformers) subscription variant!

That's a cool cover. Judge Crabb?

1801216885?profile=RESIZE_180x180MONSTER & MADMAN #2 (of 3)

1936263896?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936264122?profile=RESIZE_180x180Steve Niles (w)

Damien Worm (a & c)

Worm (subscription variant cover)

FC • 32 pages • $3.99

After a brutal journey, the Frankenstein Monster arrives in London. The year is 1888 and the area of the city known as Whitechapel is about to become a slaughterhouse. Eleven women will be murdered. Only five will be attributed to Jack the Ripper… discover the secret history of the Ripper and the Frankenstein Monster!

1936264140?profile=RESIZE_180x180ROCKY & BULLWINKLE CLASSICS VOL 1: STAR BILLING

1936264268?profile=RESIZE_180x180Art/Cover: AL KILGORE

Cover: ROGER LANGRIDGE

TPB • FC • $17.99 • 122 pages

The earliest comic book adventures of America's favorite moose and squirrel are collected here in Bullwinkle Classics. Presenting re-mastered stories from Gold Key Comics issues #1–4, enjoy classics moose-adventures like "Strictly for the Birds," "Star Billing," "Bat-Ball Batty," "Magnetic Moose," "Cane Caper," "Noose Moose," and many more. Also includes tales from Peabody and Sherman, Dudly Do-Right, and the whole gang.

Collected for the first time!

I never saw these books when they first came out, so I have no idea about quality. Al Kilgore, whoever he is, had some mighty big shoes to fill!

1801216885?profile=RESIZE_180x180ROGUE TROOPER #2

1936264296?profile=RESIZE_180x180Writer: BRIAN RUCKLEY

Art: ALBERTO PONTICELLI

Cover: GLENN FABRY

Subscription Variant: JAMES STOKOE

FC • 32 pages • $3.99

The legend begins! Genetically engineered to wage war on a poisoned planet, the G.I.s were wiped out during their first deployment against the Norts. But one lone soldier survived the Quartz Zone Massacre, and his Souther creators want him back ... dead or alive! IDW is proud to re-introduce Rogue Trooper in this all-new series!

• One of 2000 AD’s best-loved characters, created by Dave Gibbons and Gerry Finley-Day!

• Written by acclaimed fantasy novelist Brian Ruckley (author of the "Godless World" trilogy) with art by Alberto Ponticelli (Unknown Soldier, Frankenstein: Agent of S.H.A.D.E.) and covers by Glenn Fabry (Preacher, Slaine) and James Stokoe (Orc Stain, Godzilla: Half-Century War)!

I found the UK stories fairly bland, but it's a dyamic concept and could go far with modern storytelling.

1801216885?profile=RESIZE_180x180SINISTER DEXTER #5 (of 7)

1936264421?profile=RESIZE_180x180Dan Abnett (w)

AndyClarke (a)

Antonio Fuso (c)

David Millgate (subscription variant cover)

FC • 32 pages • $3.99

Representing the infamous Shrink Rap storyline! Ramone goes to see a psychiatrist and we get a deeper look into the origin of the two deadliest Gun Sharks on planet Earth- Sinister and Dexter… by the end, we’ll all need a Shrink!

1936264140?profile=RESIZE_180x180STAR TREK: GOLD KEY ARCHIVES VOL 1

1936264428?profile=RESIZE_180x180Writers: ARNOLD DRAKE, GEORGE KASHDAN

Art: NEVIO ZACCARA, ALBERTO GIOLITTI, GIOVANNI TICCI

Cover: MICHAEL STRIBLING

HC • FC • $29.99 • 168 pages

Presenting the first comic book adventures of the U.S.S. Enterprise and her crew! Fully re-mastered and with a new throwback cover, Star Trek Gold Key Archives Vol. 1 collects issues #1–6.

Boldly going … back to where it all began!

If you had asked me in 1967 if I could ever expect to see such a book ...

Anyway, for those of you who've never read Gold Key's Star Trek, it's a hoot. The creators lived in Italy, and had never seen the show -- they wrote and drew the whole thing from production stills! So it's only Star Trek in the sense that it's got the same cast ... who don't act much like their TV counterparts. Also, the Enterprise lands vertically on planets like a 1950s rocket ship, and has gouts of flame spouting from the nacelles when in flight. I kid thee not!

1801216885?profile=RESIZE_180x180STAR TREK: THE STAR DATE COLLECTION VOL 2: UNDER THE COMMAND OF CHRISOPHER PIKE

1936264438?profile=RESIZE_180x180Writers: IAN EDGINGTON, STUART MOORE, SCOTT TIPTON, DAVID TIPTON

Art: PATRICK ZIRCHER, J.K. WOODWARD, ELENA CASAGRANDE

Cover: N/A

HC • FC • $49.99 • 300 pages • 7” x 11”

Star Trek: The Stardate Collection continues to collect the many comic-book iterations of Trek “as they happened”… by stardate! Helmed by Trek experts Scott and David Tipton, and featuring special commentary, creator interviews and more, Volume 2 completes the early voyages of the Enterprise under the command of Captain Christopher Pike, and wraps up with two lost adventures from Pike’s career! For new and old fans alike, there's never been a Star Trek collection like this!

When and where did these stories first appear? This is all news to me ...

1801216885?profile=RESIZE_180x180

IMAGE COMICS

’68: RULE OF WAR #1 (of 4)

1936264604?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936266729?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936266802?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936206160?profile=RESIZE_180x180Story: MARK KIDWELL

Art: JEFF ZORNOW & JAY FOTOS

Cover A: NAT JONES

Cover B: CLAYTON CRAIN

Cover C: BLANK SKETCH

32 PAGES / FC / M / $3.99

Mark Kidwell, Jeff Zornow and Jay Fotos, the team behind the multiple Horror Comic and Ghastly Award-winning ‘68: JUNGLE JIM bring new terrors to the Vietnam War in ‘68: RULE OF WAR #1, the first in a four-issue miniseries sure to delight zombie enthusiasts.

In a doom-shadowed Cambodia infested with the living dead, CIA Special Agent Declan Rule and his canine companion Nero stalk a human monster, a neurosurgeon bent on carrying out grisly experiments that turn P.O.W.s into vicious instruments of war.

In ’68: RULE OF WAR Kidwell focuses on the horrifying capabilities of humans, rather than just zombies alone. “Readers will see how a human imagination, backed up by years of medical and scientific education, can take a threat like a shambling, cannibalistic demon and make it worse by wiring it to a radio transmitter frequency, packing it with high explosives and aiming it at an unsuspecting opposition,” said Kidwell. “Also, with the dead, surgical application and augmentation could be performed without boundaries. The threat of ‘losing’ a patient due to lab table trauma is zero as long as you don’t destroy the brain. Think Frankenstein on steroids with the bedside manner of Joseph Stalin and you’re getting warm.”

In Vietnam, Private Kuen Yam and his ragtag band of survivors battle their way across a murderous no-man’s-land in a desperate search for a ticket to the skies. The war is over, but the battle for humanity’s survival has just begun.

“The concept of ’68 owes its roots to the fact that George Romero and John Russo unleashed their original vision of the American flesh-eating undead in 1968 with Night of the Living Dead,” explained Kidwell. “If you take that birthdate as gospel in the creation of the zombie sub-genre, it’s a no-brainer that the conflict in Southeast Asia would have become an instant, overnight hell teeming with hungry ghouls and unburied war dead. The goal then, was to introduce the supernatural horror of the zombie plague into the equation already established by the horrors of an out-of-control war and let the readers decide which is worse.”

1936266897?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936269380?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936271738?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936272437?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936274965?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936276994?profile=RESIZE_180x180

1936206160?profile=RESIZE_180x180ALEX + ADA  #2-4 (2ND PTG)

1936279114?profile=RESIZE_180x180Writers: JONATHAN LUNA, SARAH VAUGHN

Art/Cover: JONATHAN LUNA

$2.99 each

Jonathan Luna’s (GIRLS, THE SWORD, ULTRA) and Sarah Vaughn’s (Sparkshooter) ALEX + ADA is going back to press for issues #2, #3, and #4. For those just discovering ALEX + ADA, it is easy to jump in from the beginning of the series, as the second printing of issue #1 is still in stock and available to order. Fans of the movie Her will be immediately drawn to this haunting and visceral science fiction story that explores what makes us human -- and worthy of love.

The last thing in the world Alex wanted was an X5, the latest in realistic androids. But when Ada is dropped into his life, his feelings begin to change.

Praise for ALEX + ADA:

“Luna and Vaughn have taken what could have been a derivative story about androids and the humans who love them and turned it into a promising debut.” -- Melissa Grey, IGN

“The cliffhanger in Alex + Ada is excellent, and I'm hard pressed to imagine a reader that wouldn't be intrigued enough to come back for issue two to see exactly where Luna and Vaughn plan to take this story. On the whole Alex + Ada #1 is simply an excellent start to an exciting new book.” -- Kelly Thompson, Comic Book Resources

“A great comic should be the marriage of writing and art in service of the story, and Alex + Ada is a book that is burrowing its way into our hearts thanks to two creators working in lockstep. Try this book out for size. You might just find your new favorite book.” -- David Harper, Multiversity Comics

“Vaughn and Luna make this far more than it seems and you can see the inner struggle Alex is going through with life and the fact that he now has a lifelike female android, without that message being pounded over your head. This is definitely an intriguing story that we'll be keeping our eye on.” -- Tony Guerrero, ComicVine

ALEX + ADA #2, #3 and #4 have completely sold out at the distributor level, but may still be available in comic stores. They are currently available digitally on the Image Comics website (imagecomics.com) and the official Image Comics iOS app, as well as on Comixology on the web (comixology.com), iOS, Android, and Google Play.

1936206160?profile=RESIZE_180x180APOCALYPSE AL #3 (of 4)

1936279222?profile=RESIZE_180x180Story: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

Art/Cover A: SID KOTIAN & BILL FARMER

Cover B: ARIEL OLIVETTI

32 PAGES / FC / M / $2.99

The life of private investigator Allison Carter is complicated enough just preventing the end of the world on a regular basis. But in the midst of her latest case she gets an unexpected call from her mostly-dead ex-boyfriend, who has a tip that may prove helpful or push the world further toward its destruction. Along the way, she encounters a closet troll with a stun-gun fetish, a theme park filled with demonic creatures in happy costumes, and unravels a secret that will change her life forever.

1936206160?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936281815?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936284093?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936286307?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936288883?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936290669?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936292751?profile=RESIZE_180x180

1936206160?profile=RESIZE_180x180ARTIFACTS #36

1936294730?profile=RESIZE_180x180Story: DAN WICKLINE

Art/Cover: -ROM-

Tom Judge and Tilly track down students who used a math equation to open up a portal to the Ancient Ones (featured in THE DARKNESS: REBIRTH). Former Angelus and Witchblade bearer Daniel Baptiste investigates related murders.

1936206160?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936296941?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936297318?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936299266?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936299742?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936301905?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936304681?profile=RESIZE_180x180

1936206160?profile=RESIZE_180x180

• BLACK SCIENCE #5

1936257505?profile=RESIZE_180x180Writer: RICK REMENDER

Art/Cover: MATTEO SCALERA & DEAN WHITE

32 PAGES / FC / M / $3.50

Grant discovers the truth about the Pillar’s sabotage, tearing his team apart just as they are launched into a dimension of mad gravity and violent monkey ghosts! How do you survive insanity when you can’t trust anyone around you?

1936206160?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936257681?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936260030?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936262059?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936264243?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936266594?profile=RESIZE_180x180

1801241562?profile=RESIZE_180x180CLONE VOL 3 (TPB)

1936268877?profile=RESIZE_180x180Writer: DAVID SCHULNER, AARON GINSBURG & WADE MCINTYRE

Art/Cover: JUAN JOSE RYP & ANDY TROY

120 PAGES / FC / T+ / $12.99

Collects CLONE #11-15

When clones are declared enemies of the state, Luke Taylor must lead his brothers to safety. But a homegrown coalition is taking anti-clone policy into their own hands.

1801241562?profile=RESIZE_180x180

ELEPHANTMEN #55

1936270328?profile=RESIZE_180x180Writer: RICHARD STARKINGS

Art: AXEL MEDELLIN

Cover: BOO COOK

"PICKING UP THE PIECES," Part Five

THE CONCLUSION!

1801241562?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936273992?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936275984?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936278194?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936280541?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936282957?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936285134?profile=RESIZE_180x180

1801206419?profile=RESIZE_180x180THE FUSE #1 (2ND PTG)

1936285382?profile=RESIZE_180x180Writer: ANTONY JOHNSTON

Art/Cover: JUSTIN GREENWOOD

Mature/$3.50

ANTONY JOHNSTON (UMBRAL, Wasteland, Daredevil) partnered with JUSTIN GREENWOOD (Wasteland, Resurrection) for THE FUSE, a new sci-fi crime series with attitude that’s been gaining praise and readers at a lightspeed pace. THE FUSE has burned through the initial overprint stock, and will be going into a second printing immediately! This new ongoing series is murder, mayhem, and mystery -- 22,000 miles straight up. Don’t miss out on the adventure.

Praise for THE FUSE:

"Space cops investigating space murders is the sort of synopsis that gets my attention, and so far Johnston and Greenwood appear to have the world-building skills and noir chops to back it up. ... If you're a fan of detective stories and sci-fi that's more gritty than glossy, it's worth a look." -- Laura Hudson, WIRED

"The Fuse thrusts us immediately into a future that seems grimy rather than shiny, and cold rather than optimistic, and it's an impeccable setting for a neo-noir. ... A must-read. 5/5" -- Jen Aprahamian, ComicVine

"This is ‘lived-in’ science fiction that develops itself slowly, through accumulation rather than explanation. ... By Issue #5 The Fuse will be what everyone's talking about. Why not get a head start? 4/5" -- Marykate Jasper, Comic Book Resources

"Crisp dialogue, fantastic milieu, intriguing mystery, involving and interesting characters ... writer Antony Johnston and artist Justin Greenwood deliver it all in this one." -- Marc Mason, The Comics Waiting Room

"Detective Noir set in a space station? I'd buy that even if it wasn't by the guy who's quickly becoming one of my favorite writers. Pick of the week." -- Drew Bradley, Multiversity Comics

"The Fuse hits fast and hard, with unapologetic wit and a no-nonsense attitude. ... It’s clear that Johnston is playing his cards close to the chest, leaving many questions unanswered, keeping you hanging on to the final pages begging for more. 4/5" -- Bree Ogden, Bloody Disgusting

1936206160?profile=RESIZE_180x180INVINCIBLE UNIVERSE #12

1936286392?profile=RESIZE_180x180Story: PHIL HESTER

Art/Cover: TODD NAUCK & GABE ELTAEB

King Lizard’s plan has been unleashed and split the Guardians in two! When the smoke clears, will anyone be left to save the day?

This book seems to come out more regularly than Invincible proper.

1936206160?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936288797?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936290725?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936292957?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936294911?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936297243?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936300513?profile=RESIZE_180x180

1936206160?profile=RESIZE_180x180PRETTY DEADLY #5

1936302391?profile=RESIZE_180x180Writer: KELLY SUE DeCONNICK

Art: EMMA RÍOS & JORDIE BELLAIRE

Cover: EMMA RÍOS

32 PAGES / FC / M / $3.50

It’s the ultimate father-daughter showdown as Ginny faces off against Death himself in the bloody conclusion to PRETTY DEADLY’s opening arc.

I'm waiting breathlessly for the first trade, which is scheduled to arrive in a couple of months.

1936206160?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936305233?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936307599?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936310139?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936312891?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936315257?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936315494?profile=RESIZE_180x180

1801219677?profile=RESIZE_180x180REVIVAL #19

1936317586?profile=RESIZE_180x180Writer: TIM SEELEY

Art: MIKE NORTON

Cover: JENNY FRISON

Edmund Holt is up to something. Dana and her son Coop are having issues about the thing in the woods. Lester is having issues with the thing in the woods. And Em, left alone, is looking for new ways to feel something ... anything ...

1801219677?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936318532?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936320519?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936323137?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936325066?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936327039?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936329113?profile=RESIZE_180x180

1801241562?profile=RESIZE_180x180SECRET #7

1936331096?profile=RESIZE_180x180Writer: JONATHAN HICKMAN

Art: RYAN BODENHEIM & MICHAEL GARLAND

32 PAGES / FC / T+ / $3.50

“ENDGAME”

It's taken fifteen years of couples counseling. Forty barrels of ink. Six billion dollars… and a time machine to get to the epic conclusion of SECRET… and HERE IT IS! The death and resurrection of Steadfast. Someone lives. Someone dies. And, of course, someone loses a finger.

Check out the final chapter of this modern spy thriller, SECRET #7: ENDGAME!

This was originally scheduled for Dec. 18. I don't see how anyone can maintain their enthusiasm for a title with gaps like that.

1801241562?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936333280?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936335230?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936337534?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936339758?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936341873?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936344050?profile=RESIZE_180x180

1801238541?profile=RESIZE_180x180

SELF-OBSESSED (ONE-SHOT)

1936345916?profile=RESIZE_180x180STORY / ART / COVER: SINA GRACE

40 PAGES / BW / T+ / $3.99

For fans of his gothic-tinged retail hell graphic novel NOT MY BAG, SINA GRACE (LI'L DEPRESSED BOY, BURN THE ORPHANAGE) presents a collection of rare and never-before-seen autobiographical strips! Packed with new stories for this edition, SELF-OBSESSED is packed with quirky and humorous insights about comics, love, dreams, and, of course, frenemies.

"I feel like I've been teetering between mainstream and indie,” confessed Grace. “Self-Obsessed is a fun middle ground for the fans who love my slice-of-life stories like Not My Bag, and for the readers who got behind the raucous romp that is Burn the Orphanage. Plus -- how fun are convenient one-shots jam-packed with quirky insights?"

Loaded with new stories for this edition, SELF-OBSESSED is packed with quirky and humorous insights about comics, love, dreams, and frenemies.

1801241562?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936347756?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936349861?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936349915?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936351820?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936354431?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936356755?profile=RESIZE_180x180

1936206160?profile=RESIZE_180x180SHOTGUN WEDDING #1 (of 4)

1936358701?profile=RESIZE_180x180Story: WILLIAM HARMS

Art / Cover: EDWARD PUN

32 PAGES / BW / M / $3.99

Mike Stone wants nothing more than to marry the woman of his dreams … but the last woman of his dreams wants nothing more than to stop him. This April, the new SHOTGUN WEDDING miniseries from Top Cow's Minotaur Press imprint will give you a slice of vengeful wedding drama to look forward to each week, all month long.

William Harms (Impaler) and Edward Pun (Ninja High School) introduce an assassin named Mike and his smart, sexy, second-grade-teacher fiancée, Denise. Mike loves Denise more than anything in the world, but Chloe -- his first fiance who got left in the lurch -- has been plotting her revenge.

"Grosse Pointe Blank is one of my favorite movies. I absolutely love the balance it strikes in tone between Martin's job -- killing people -- and how he struggles to reconcile that with the rest of his life,” said Harms. “Ever since that movie came out, I've been wanting to write a story about an assassin and then one day a little lightbulb went off in my head and I thought, Imagine if an assassin was going to get married, and on that very special day, all of his enemies showed up … and one them was his ex-fiancée."

All four issues will come out in April, one a week and will each be available for $3.99.

Man, I'm glad I don't live in comic-book world, where every other person you meet is secretly a hit man (or hit woman). Still, I rather like the idea of a miniseries coming out weekly, so that you get the whole story in a month instead of four months (or at Image, probably six).

1936206160?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936358931?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936359255?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936359473?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936361745?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936363730?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936365888?profile=RESIZE_180x180

1936206160?profile=RESIZE_180x180

• SIDEKICK #6

1936256505?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936256551?profile=RESIZE_180x180Writer: J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

Art: TOM MANDRAKE & HiFi

Cover A: TOM MANDRAKE & HiFi

Cover B: KALMAN ANDRASOFZKY

JANUARY 29

For years, Barry "FLYBOY" Chase has carried the grief and belief that his mentor The Red Cowl was dead, and the guilt that he could have prevented it. Now Julia Moonglow provides all the proof he needs to know that the Red Cowl is alive and wel ... somewhere. Now comes the task of finding him, and more important still ... exacting their revenge.

I love Mandrake's moody work, especially on The Spectre, but one thing he gets spectacularly wrong is superheroes. They all look so silly when he draws them.

1801238541?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936258783?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936260888?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936263096?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936265032?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936267199?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936270218?profile=RESIZE_180x180

1801238541?profile=RESIZE_180x180STARLIGHT #2

1936272250?profile=RESIZE_180x180Story: MARK MILLAR

Art / Cover B: GORAN PARLOV

Cover A: BILL SIENKIEWICZ

APRIL 2 / 32 PAGES / FC / M / $2.99

Duke McQueen once saved an alien world from destruction -- but it happened in a place nobody believes in, during a time nobody remembers. Surrounded by memories of his late wife and his happier past, Duke’s days as a hero are long gone ... or so he thinks! Now, a young visitor from the world Duke once saved is coming to him with a desperate plea for help. It’s one last chance at adventure for Duke, and another chapter to unfold in the ever-expanding Millarworld Universe!

The preview folder for this title downloaded from Image with nothing in it. Not a good sign, is it? I'm guessing that there will be long delays between issues.

1801238541?profile=RESIZE_180x180THE FIELD #1 (of 4)

1936275016?profile=RESIZE_180x180Story: ED BRISSON

Art/Cover: SIMON ROY

APRIL 2 / 32 PAGES / FC / M / $3.50

A man wakes in a field wearing nothing but his underwear. He's got no idea who he is or how he got there. His only connection to the outside world a cell phone on which he receives mysterious texts warning him of impending danger. Danger like Christian, an ex-bible salesman in the middle of crime spree fueled by Christian Rock, dirty sex, meth, murder and keeping this underwear clad, nameless and pastless man close by his side.

As my wife used to say, it's not a party unless someone loses their pants.

1801241562?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936275216?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936277043?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936279380?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936279558?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936281963?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936283057?profile=RESIZE_180x180

1801241562?profile=RESIZE_180x180

MARVEL COMICS

ALL-NEW INVADERS #2 (2ND PTG)

1936286146?profile=RESIZE_180x180Writer: JAMES ROBINSON

Art: STEVE PUGH

Cover: MUKESH SINGH

“[All-New Invaders] is using just the right amount of nostalgia to fuel something new and exciting that has payoffs for old and new fans alike.” -- ScienceFiction.com

1936255664?profile=RESIZE_180x180AMAZING SPIDER-MAN: FAMILY BUSINESS OGN-HC

1936288150?profile=RESIZE_180x180Writers: MARK WAID & JAMES ROBINSON

Art: GABRIELE DELL’OTTO with WERTHER DELL’EDRA

Cover: GABRIELE DELL’OTTO

112 PGS./Rated T+/$24.99

Someone has Spider-Man in their crosshairs, and the only person in the Marvel Universe who can save him is … Peter Parker’s sister?! As the web-slinger meets family he never knew, will she end up becoming his greatest ally, or the one who damns him? And what does the Kingpin of Crime have to do with it?

This all-new, original graphic novel -- written by Eisner Award winner Mark Waid (DAREDEVIL) and acclaimed author James Robinson (Superman), and fully painted by the legendary Gabriele Dell’Otto (SECRET WAR) -- comes to you in a high-end, oversized format. It’s the web-slinger’s darkest hour -- and greatest triumph!

Well, obviously Spider-Man can't have a sister -- that would change the dynamic of the strip too much. So how will they make her inevitable betrayal interesting? I was disappointed in the first book in this new OGN series (Avengers: Endless Wartime, by Warren Ellis), so I hope Mark Waid can redeem it.

1801214406?profile=RESIZE_180x180BLACK WIDOW #5

1936288368?profile=RESIZE_180x180Writer: NATHAN EDMONDSON

Art/Cover: PHIL NOTO

32 PGS./Rated T+/3.99

• Paris, London, Montenegro. Natasha is in a race against time, under the shadow of the hammer …

• A dark plot threatens Europe, and even SHIELD doesn’t know who’s behind it ...

• With nowhere to turn for answers, Natasha has no choice but to ask THE RAVEN for help …

Go, Nat! I'm looking forward to her star turn in Captain America: The Winter Soldier.

1936255664?profile=RESIZE_180x180CAPTAIN AMERICA #19

1936288491?profile=RESIZE_180x180Writer: RICK REMENDER

Art/Cover: NIC KLEIN

32 PGS./Rated T/$3.99

• The story that will change the life of Captain America forever!

• S.H.I.E.L.D.’S ultimate weapon hass fallen into the hands of The Iron Nail!

• Cap trapped in the twisted mindscape of Dr. Mindbubble!

• Jet Black and Falcon must make a horrible choice!

I can't believe Remender dumped Sharon Carter for this Jet Black person. Of course, he created her, so I guess we're stuck with her until we get a new writer.

1936255664?profile=RESIZE_180x180CAPTAIN AMERICA: WINTER SOLDIER #1 (DIRECTOR’S CUT)

1936290239?profile=RESIZE_180x180Writer: ED BRUBAKER

Art/Cover: STEVE EPTING

56 PGS./Rated T+/$4.99

Go behind the scenes of the classic story that inspired MARVEL’S CAPTAIN AMERICA: THE WINTER SOLDIER. The Red Skull lays the groundwork for his most devastating attack ever on Captain America and the land he holds dear -- and with the Cosmic Cube in his possession, how can Cap hope to stop him? Find out in the shocking twist-ending you won’t see coming. This special edition comes packed with bonus material including the complete script for the issue, Ed Brubaker’s original series proposal, Winter Soldier concept sketches and preview pages from MARVEL’S CAPTAIN AMERICA: THE WINTER SOLDIER -- THE ART OF THE MOVIE HC.

1936255664?profile=RESIZE_180x180DEADPOOL VS. CARNAGE #1

1936292311?profile=RESIZE_180x180Writer: CULLEN BUNN

Art: SALVADOR ESPIN

Cover: GLENN FABRY

Variant: MARKO DJURDJEVIC

32 PGS./Parental Advisory/$3.99

The Marvel Universe’s two craziest psychos go toe-to-toe in bombastic DEADPOOL VS. CARNAGE #1 -- from blockbuster writer Cullen Bunn and red-hot artist Salva Espin! And you better believe it’s gonna be bloody!

Carnage is on the warpath -- moving across country, butchering as he goes! The authorities are powerless to stop the symbiote suited psycho’s random killing spree! And they have no idea where the blood soaked murderer will end up next!

So … how do you stop a madman? You bring in another madman!

“Cullen has been delivering some awesome Deadpool action with Deadpool Kills the Marvel Universe,Killustrated, … Kills Deadpool and now Night of the Living Deadpool, we knew he was just the man to give us the ultimate showdown of Marvel psychos, says Editor Jordan D. White. “And I would be hard-pressed to find an artist who loves drawing ’Pool more than Salva does! He brings so much joy and energy to every page. We knew these boys were good at depicting lowercase ‘c’ carnage…but wait till you see them tackle capital ‘C’ Carnage!”

“This is definitely a tale of hot pursuit, so we see Deadpool and Carnage squaring off against each other in a variety of locales,” said writer Cullen Bunn, in an interview with Marvel.com. “They’re on similar wavelengths of crazy. In a sense, Deadpool is the only person capable of taking Carnage down.”

That’s right – two red-suited maniacs for the price of one! After all, it takes one to know one, right? Don’t miss the blood-soaked chaos this April as the Merc with a Mouth sets his sights on the Serial Killer with a Symbiote when DEADPOOL VS. CARNAGE #1 hits stores and digital devices this April!

1936294231?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936294372?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936296708?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936255664?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936296962?profile=RESIZE_180x180

1936255664?profile=RESIZE_180x180INHUMAN #1

1936299103?profile=RESIZE_180x180Writer: CHARLES SOULE

Art/Cover: JOE MADUREIRA

Variant: HUMBERTO RAMOS

Variant: J. SCOTT CAMPBELL

Variant: MILO MANARA

Design Variant: JOE MADUREIRA

Blank Cover Variant Also Available

32 PGS./Rated T+/$3.99

RESOLICITATION!

The newest superheroes of the Marvel Universe are born! A cloud of Terrigen mist is moving around the world turning regular people into Inhumans with amazing powers. But not everyone thinks this is a good thing. Discover the secret history of the Marvel Universe and get in at the ground floor of the next big Marvel franchise!

Marvel Entertainment is excited to announce the addition of Charles Soule as series writer for INHUMAN beginning with an All-New Marvel NOW! #1.

Charles will join superstar Joe Madureira (Avenging Spider-Man, Uncanny X-Men) to introduce the world to Marvel’s newest super hero franchise. Born out of the events of INFINITY and the blockbuster INHUMANITY #1, INHUMAN will change the landscape -- and the fate -- of the entire Marvel Universe.

"Years ago, young(er) Charles made up a list of Marvel characters that would be a blast to someday write -- my Marvel Dream Team, basically -- and the Inhumans were on that list,” says Soule, “So getting an opportunity to work with those awesome, strange, classic characters, as well as to expand the existing mythology into cool new places is pretty extraordinary. INFINITY and INHUMANITY work as amazing springboards to new stories and new characters, and I cannot wait to create them!”

“As soon as I read Charles’ first Thunderbolts script, I knew he was going to be a star,” says Marvel Editor in Chief, Axel Alonso. “His pitch for She-Hulk proved that he thought big and would bring a lot to the world-building of INHUMAN.”

Every FIRST ISSUE bearing the All-New Marvel NOW! branding includes a code for a free digital copy of that same comic on the Marvel Comics app for iOS and Android devices. For more on Inhumans & All-New Marvel NOW!, please visit now.marvel.com and join in the conversation on Twitter with hashtag #Inhumans!

1801233162?profile=RESIZE_180x180LOKI: AGENT OF ASGARD #3

1936301321?profile=RESIZE_180x180Writer: AL EWING

Art: LEE GARBETT

Cover: JENNY FRISON

Varian: OLIVIER COIPEL

32 PGS./Rated T+/$2.99

• Loki heads back to the dawn of Asgard to join its greatest heroes on a quest for an otter-skin of gold, the heart’s-blood of a dragon ... and a certain magical sword.

• Meanwhile, Loki does not appear in this issue.

• Both these statements are, for once, true.

Frison's Loki is sorta fey, which is closer to the original concept -- Loki was a shapeshifter and a trickster, and it was nothing for him to appear as an old woman or a little girl. Gender was optional for him, I guess.

1936255664?profile=RESIZE_180x180MAGNETO #2

1936301859?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936303975?profile=RESIZE_180x180Writer: CULLEN BUNN

Art: GABRIEL HERNANDEZ WALTA

Cover: CHRIS SAMNEE

Artist Variant: JEROME OPENA, DEAN WHITE

32 PGS./Rated T+/$3.99

The war for mutantkind’s survival continues in MAGNETO #2 -- from the blockbuster creative team of Cullen Bunn and Gabriel Hernandez Walta! Hunting down threats to mutants before they strike, Magneto isn’t afraid to get his hands bloody to safeguard his species. But no one escapes their past -- especially one with as many skeletons as Magneto. Long-dormant horrors have resurfaced, and they pose a serious danger to the future of mutantkind. What horrible secrets are being brought to bear? Plus, S.H.I.E.L.D. gets wind of Magneto’s activities and they’re going to do something about it! And it all happens in MAGNETO #2!

1936304207?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936306177?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936306432?profile=RESIZE_180x180

1936255664?profile=RESIZE_180x180MARVEL KNIGHTS: SPIDER-MAN (TPB)

1936307266?profile=RESIZE_180x180Writer: MATT KINDT

Pencils/Cover: MARCO RUDY

112 PGS./Rated T+/$16.99

From the haunted heights of a mysterious castle to the dizzying depths of the deep seas, the Amazing Spider-Man must take on not one, not six, not twelve -- but ninety-nine of the Marvel Universe’s deadliest villains to save the lives of countless innocents! Trapped aboard a submarine, Spider-Man finds himself in a race against time -- but things get worse when Spidey’s ninety-nine problems give way to one big one: Kraven the Hunter! With innocent lives on the line, can Peter Parker outfox his mysterious captors to win his freedom? Matt Kindt (Mind MGMT) and Marco Rudy (Swamp Thing) bring you a defining hour in the life of the webbed wonder! Collecting MARVEL KNIGHTS: SPIDER-MAN (2013) #1-5

1936240983?profile=RESIZE_180x180MARVEL’S CAPTAIN AMERICA: THE WINTER SOLDIER -- THE ART OF THE MOVIE (SLIPCASE HC)

1936309201?profile=RESIZE_320x320Writer: MARIE JAVINS

240 PGS./All Ages/$49.99

Trim size: landscape

Continuing their popular ART OF series of movie tie-in books, Marvel presents its latest blockbuster achievement! Featuring exclusive concept artwork, behind-the-scenes photographs, production stills, and in-depth interviews with the cast and crew, MARVEL’S CAPTAIN AMERICA: THE WINTER SOLDIER -- THE ART OF THE MOVIE is a deluxe keepsake volume that provides an insider’s look into the making of the highly anticipated film -- directed by Joe and Anthony Russo; and starring Chris Evans, Scarlett Johansson, Samuel L. Jackson, Anthony Mackie, Robert Redford, Cobie Smulders and Sebastian Stan!

1936240983?profile=RESIZE_180x180MARVEL’S GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY PRELUDE #1 (of 2)

1936309281?profile=RESIZE_180x180Writers: DAN ABNETT & ANDY LANNING

Art: WELLINTON ALVES

32 PGS./Rated T/$2.99

GET READY FOR MARVEL’S GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY WITH AN ALL-NEW COMIC BOOK PRELUDE -- WRITTEN BY COSMIC LEGENDS DAN ABNETT AND ANDY LANNING!

• Who is Nebula? What tragic events forged her unbreakable allegiance to her dark lord? Find out here!

• Plus: Gamora! Korath! And more from the Marvel Cinematic Universe!

1936255664?profile=RESIZE_180x180MOON KNIGHT #2

1936309486?profile=RESIZE_180x180Writer: WARREN ELLIS

Art/Cover: Declan Shalvey

Variant: PHIL NOTO

32 PGS./Rated T+/$3.99

• The best new comic of 2014 continues with a story that has to be experienced to be believed!

1936255664?profile=RESIZE_180x180NEW WARRIORS #3

1936309663?profile=RESIZE_180x180Writer: CHRISTOPHER YOST

Art: MARCUS TO

Cover: RAMON PEREZ

Variant: JORGE MOLINA

32 PGS./Rated T+/$3.99

THE KIDS ARE ALL FIGHT!

• The all-new NOVA has tea with the High Evolutionary as a world-wide genocide approaches.

• Why does the High Evolutionary want to kill anything that’s not human? Is he a hero or villain? The answers are here!

• PLUS! As the New Warriors gather in New York, a captured SCARLET SPIDER meets Nova, and one of them REALLY annoys the other. Guess.

1936255664?profile=RESIZE_180x180

• NIGHT OF THE LIVING DEADPOOL #3 (2ND PTG)

1936255579?profile=RESIZE_180x180Writer: CULLEN BUNN

Art: RAMON ROSANAS

Cover: JAY SHAW

“Bunn’s managed to juggle a story that’s funny, gruesome, and surprisingly emotional. Throw in Rosanas’ brilliant artwork and you’ve got a fantastic limited series.” -- Comic Vine

1936255664?profile=RESIZE_180x180OZ: THE WONDERFUL WIZARD OF OZ (HC, NEW PRINTING)

Writer: ERIC SHANOWER

Pencils: SKOTTIE YOUNG

ALL-NEW Cover: SKOTTIE YOUNG

224 PGS./All Ages/$24.99

Trim size: oversized

The premier American fantasy adventure gets the Merry Marvel treatment! Eisner Award-winning writer/artist Eric Shanower (Age of Bronze) teams with fan-favorite artist Skottie Young (NEW X-MEN) to bring L. Frank Baum’s beloved classic to life! When Kansas farm girl Dorothy flies away to the magical Land of Oz, she fatally flattens a Wicked Witch, liberates a living Scarecrow and is hailed by the Munchkin people as a great sorceress -- but all she really wants to know is how to get home. Collecting WONDERFUL WIZARD OF OZ #1-8 and the WONDERFUL WIZARD OF OZ SKETCHBOOK.

1936255664?profile=RESIZE_180x180PAINKILLER JANE: THE PRICE OF FREEDOM (TPB)

1936255807?profile=RESIZE_180x180Writer: JIMMY PALMIOTTI

Art: JUAN SANTACRUZ & SAM LOFTI

Cover: AMANDA CONNER & DAVE JOHNSON

120 PGS./Mature/$19.99

Painkiller Jane is back in action on an adrenaline-filled adventure! Jane is protecting a Saudi Arabian princess visiting New York City, but it seems a number of people want her dead -- and the only thing between this bizarre group of would-be killers and her royal highness is our gun-toting, out of control Painkiller Jane! Why has the princess been targeted for death? As a father and son make a shady deal with the mysterious government bounty hunter Churchill, the killers attack -- but Jane strikes back with a vengeance. And even as the princess and her protector go on the run, losing themselves in America, a bloody showdown looms on the horizon -- and even Painkiller Jane’s skills may not be enough to guarantee victory! Collecting PAINKILLER JANE: THE PRICE OF FREEDOM #1-4.

1936240983?profile=RESIZE_180x180THE PUNISHER #1-2 (2ND PTG)

1936257634?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936259917?profile=RESIZE_180x180Writer: NATHAN EDMONDSON

Art/Cover: MITCH GERADS

“The Punisher is off to an amazing start and has the potential to be one of the best comic books on the rack.” -- Comicosity

1936255664?profile=RESIZE_180x180THE PUNISHER #4

1936260050?profile=RESIZE_180x180Writer: NATHAN EDMONDSON

Art/Cover: MITCH GERADS

32 PGS./Parental Advisory/$3.99

Frank Castle goes toe-to-toe against an army of heavily armed Dos Soles gangsters in THE PUNISHER #4 -- and the Dos Soles gang is going to need more guys!

From the critically acclaimed creative team of Nathan Edmondson and Mitch Gerads -- the Dos Soles gang’s secret weapon has been revealed as none other than Electro! But it’s going to take a lot more than a couple million volts of electricity to take down The Punisher!

Meanwhile, the mysterious 131 get the call they’ve been waiting for: Take down the Punisher with extreme prejudice.

With enemies closing in all around him, time is running out for Frank Castle. Plus, a new player throws her hat into the ring -- and you’ll never guess who! Don’t miss the surprise appearance that will have everyone talking. Who’s the lucky lady? Find out in THE PUNISHER #4!

Does anyone know why all the new Punisher covers are done in that weird blue duotone?

1936262458?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936262438?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936264531?profile=RESIZE_180x180

1936240983?profile=RESIZE_180x180SHE-HULK #1 (2ND PTG)

1936264630?profile=RESIZE_180x180Writer: CHARLES SOULE

Art: JAVIER PULIDO

Cover: KEVIN WADA

“She-Hulk is stunning. Beauifully written, wonderfully drawn, this is a comic you should be reading; It’s just that good” -- IGN

1936255664?profile=RESIZE_180x180SHE-HULK #3

1936264741?profile=RESIZE_180x180Writer: CHARLES SOULE 

Art: JAVIER PULIDO

Cover: KEVIN P. WADA

Variant: KRIS ANKA

32 PGS./Rated T+/$2.99

The sleeper-hit of All-New Marvel NOW! continues! Today, Marvel is proud to present your first look at SHE-HULK #3 – from critically acclaimed creators Charles Soule and Javier Pulido!

When the son of Victor Von Doom seeks extradition from Latveria, Jen Walters will go to the ends of the Earth in her quest for Justice! Even if it puts her on the wrong side of one Dr. Doom! Time to settle the age old question – who would win in a fight?

Plus, don’t miss a guest appearance by the Marvel Universe’s other legal crusader – the one and only Daredevil! Now is your chance to hop on board one of the most critically acclaimed titles of All-New Marvel NOW!

1936266646?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936269082?profile=RESIZE_320x3201936269426?profile=RESIZE_180x180

1936255664?profile=RESIZE_180x180SPIDER-MAN FIRSTS (TPB)

1936271802?profile=RESIZE_180x180Writers: STAN LEE, ROY THOMAS, LEN WEIN, GERRY CONWAY, LOUISE SIMONSON, TODD MCFARLANE, TOM DEFALCO, KURT BUSIEK, TOM PEYER, MARK WAID, DAN JURGENS, HOWARD MACKIE, JM DEMATTEIS, GARTH ENNIS, MARK MILLAR, PETER DAVID, SEAN MCKEEVER, ZEB WELLS, DAN SLOTT & CHRIS YOST

Pencils: STEVE DITKO, ROSS ANDRU, SAL BUSCEMA, GREG LAROCQUE, TODD MCFARLANE, RON LIM, PAT OLLIFFE, KEN LASHLEY, DAN JURGENS, JOHN ROMITA JR., MICHAEL ZULLI, JOHN MCCREA, TERRY DODSON, MIKE WIERINGO, TERRELL BOBETT, ALEX CAL, JOE MADUREIRA, RYAN STEGMAN & DAVID LOPEZ

Cover: TERRY DODSON & Various

528 PGS./Rated T+/$34.99

Marvel’s most titled hero has been amazing, spectacular, sensational -- even giant-size! Follow the tangled web of Peter Parker and family through this superior collection of all the friendly neighborhood Spider-Man’s series debuts! Unlimited team-ups, avenging exploits and untold tales -- they’re all in a Marvel Knight’s work for a web-spinner that defies description! Collecting AMAZING SPIDER-MAN (1963) #1, MARVEL TEAM-UP (1972) #1, GIANT-SIZE SPIDER-MAN #1, SPECTACULAR SPIDER-MAN (1976) #1, WEB OF SPIDER-MAN (1985) #1, SPIDER-MAN (1990) #1, UNTOLD TALES OF SPIDER-MAN #1, SPIDER-MAN TEAM-UP #1, SENSATIONAL SPIDER-MAN (1996) #0, TANGLED WEB #1, MARVEL KNIGHTS SPIDER-MAN (2004) #1, FRIENDLY NEIGHBORHOOD SPIDER-MAN #1, AVENGING SPIDER-MAN #1, SUPERIOR SPIDER-MAN #1 and SUPERIOR SPIDER-MAN TEAM-UP #1 -- plus material from SPIDER-MAN UNLIMITED (1993) #1, PETER PARKER: SPIDER-MAN (1999) #1, WEBSPINNERS: TALES OF SPIDER-MAN #1, SPIDER-MAN FAMILY (2007) #1 and AMAZING SPIDER-MAN FAMILY #1.

1936240983?profile=RESIZE_180x180STAR-LORD: TEARS IN HEAVEN

1936275029?profile=RESIZE_180x180Writer: DOUG MOENCH

Art: BILL SIENKIEWICZ & TOM SUTTON

Cover: SARA PICHELLI

104 PGS./Rated T+/$7.99

• Star-Lord’s sensational seventies adventures conclude in explosive fashion!

• Caught in a battle between corrupt humans and vengeful beast-men, must Star-Lord break his code against killing in order to save innocents?

• Star-Lord defends his mentor, the Master of the Sun, against his own people -- the same race that killed Star-Lord’s mother!

• Star-Lord must solve the riddle of a world whose people perform good deeds to literally ascend to “heaven” in the cloudlands above!

• Collecting MARVEL SPOTLIGHT (1979) #6-7, MARVEL PREMIERE #61 and material from MARVEL PREVIEW #18.

I wrote somewhere that when I read the first Star-Lord stories originally -- most of which are contained here -- I couldn't imagine why I was supposed to like this guy. Read it for yourself and see if you don't agree with me that his rollout was botched.

1936255664?profile=RESIZE_180x180SUPERIOR SPIDER-MAN VOL 2 (HC)

1936276903?profile=RESIZE_180x180Writer: DAN SLOTT & CHRISTOS GAGE

Pencils: HUMBERTO RAMOS, RYAN STEGMAN & GIUSEPPE CAMUNCOLI

Cover: GIUSEPPE CAMUNCOLI

248 PGS./Rated T+/$34.99

Trim size: Oversized

The exploits of Otto Octavius, the Superior Spider-Man, continue! As the Avengers threaten to kick Spidey off the team for his recent violent actions, Peter Parker’s ghostly revenant fights to regain control of his body, his mind and his destiny! Who will live, who will die -- and who will emerge as the one, true Superior Spider-Man? And when the Green Goblin returns, why is Spidey nowhere to be found? Then, when the Raft shuts down, Spidey is trapped inside with J. Jonah Jameson, Glory, Norah -- and practically all the villains the Superior Spider-Man has brutalized during his short career! Now it’s payback time! Plus: Jester! Screwball! Cardiac! Shadowland! The Tinkerer! Quite possibly the final days of the Hobgoblin! And the return of a Spider-Man who hasn’t been seen for some time -- meaning, centuries! Collecting SUPERIOR SPIDER-MAN #6-16.

1801227049?profile=RESIZE_180x180ULTIMATE SPIDER-MAN #200

1936277041?profile=RESIZE_320x320Writer: BRIAN MICHAEL BENDIS

Art: DAVE MARQUEZ, MARK BAGLEY, MARK BROOKS, STUART IMMONEN AND DAVID LAFUENTE

Cover A: MARK BAGLEY

Cover B: DAVID MARQUEZ

48 PGS./ONE SHOT/Rated T+/$4.99

Marvel is proud to present your first look at ULTIMATE SPIDER-MAN #200 – the monumental anniversary issue! Legendary writer Brian Michael Bendis teams with Ultimate Spider-Man artists past and present for a celebration of all things Peter Parker, Miles Morales and more! This epic, double-sized issue features art by Dave Marquez, Mark Bagley, Mark Brooks, Sara Pichelli and David Lafuente!

On the anniversary of his death, the whole world mourns the loss of Peter Parker, the original Spider-Man. At the home of May Parker, a more intimate gathering of Peter’s closest friends grieve for the loss of their dear friend. But even as they remember their fallen friend, a sinister plan has been set in motion. And the shocking truths about Peter and his world are about to be revealed.

Plus, don’t miss the shocking ending that will have everyone talking! Seeds sown here will bear bitter fruit for Miles in the upcoming Miles Morales: Ultimate Spider-Man series! And it all starts here! No fan can afford to miss the epic ULTIMATE SPIDER-MAN #200!

Has anyone done the math to see if this really is the 200th issue to star Ultimate Spider-Man? I suspect they probably fudged a little.

1936279229?profile=RESIZE_320x3201936281473?profile=RESIZE_320x3201936283907?profile=RESIZE_320x320

1936255664?profile=RESIZE_180x180WHAT IF: AGE OF ULTRON #1 (of 5)

1936285778?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936287859?profile=RESIZE_180x180Writer: JOE KEATINGE

Art: RAFFAELE IENCO

Cover: CHRIS STEVENS

Variant: RAFFAELE IENCO

32 PGS./Rated T+/$3.99

If you thought the Age of Ultron turned the Marvel Universe on its head, you won’t believe what will happen in WHAT IF: AGE OF ULTRON, a mind-bending five-part series from Marvel Comics!

They say one person can truly make a difference, and that statement couldn’t ring truer for Earth’s Mightiest Heroes. So what if another founding Avenger had died in the Golden Age of Heroes instead of Hank Pym? Could the reality we know endure without one of its strongest pillars? The short answer is -- NO!

Each issue of WHAT IF: AGE OF ULTRON explores a Marvel Universe without one of it’s greatest champions. Imagine—an Armor Wars without IRON MAN! A RAGNAROK without THOR! A country without CAPTAIN AMERICA! Written by rising star Joe Keatinge (Marvel Knights: Hulk, Morbius: The Living Vampire) and an assembly of tomorrow’s hottest artists, WHAT IF: AGE OF ULTRON hits hard with its twisted takes on the Marvel Universe!

What would the world look like without The Wasp? A world where distraught Hank Pym never goes on to create Ultron – and instead ushers in a future even more heinous than the one we know! And it all happens this April in WHAT IF: AGE OF ULTRON #1!

1936289587?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936291782?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936293696?profile=RESIZE_180x180

1936255664?profile=RESIZE_180x180X-MEN: AGE OF APOCALYPSE OMNIBUS COMPANION (HC)

1936295669?profile=RESIZE_180x180WritERS: HOWARD MACKIE, SCOTT LOBDELL, RALPH MACCHIO, JOHN FRANCIS MOORE, BRIAN K. VAUGHAN, TERRY KAVANAGH, JUDD WINICK, TONY BEDARD, AKIRA YOSHIDA, MARIANO NICIEZA, RICK REMENDER & MORE

PencilS: TERRY DODSON, IAN CHURCHILL, JOE BENNETT, STEVE EPTING, NICK NAPOLITANO, ROGER CRUZ, LUKE ROSS, TREVOR MCCARTHY, CARLOS PACHECO, JIM CALAFIORE, CHRIS BACHALO, HECTOR GOMEZ, KEVIN HOPGOOD, DAVID WILKINS & MORE

Cover: ADAM KUBERT

992 PGS./Rated T/$99.99

Trim size: oversized

It’s a return trip to the dark, dystopian Age of Apocalypse! Untold tales of Apocalypse’s rise to power and the beginning of the X-Men’s underground resistance! Blink’s extradimensional exploits! The desperate struggle of Earth’s remaining non-mutant heroes! And in the wake of Apocalypse’s defeat, a deeply scarred Earth tries to rebuild. But some of the AoA’s most powerful mutants have escaped into the Marvel Universe! All the orphaned AoA adventures are collected in one oversized volume! Collecting X-MEN CHRONICLES #1-2, TALES FROM THE AGE OF APOCALYPSE #1-2, X-MAN # -1 and #53-54, BLINK #1-4, X-UNIVERSE #1-2, EXILES (2001) #60-61, X-MEN: AGE OF APOCALYPSE #1-6 and ONE-SHOT, WHAT IF? (1989) #77 and #81, and WHAT IF? X-MEN: AGE OF APOCALYPSE -- plus material from HULK: BROKEN WORLDS #2, X-MEN PRIME, X-MAN ANNUAL ’96, X-MEN: ENDANGERED SPECIES, EXILES: DAYS OF THEN & NOW and OFFICIAL HANDBOOK OF THE MARVEL UNIVERSE: AGE OF APOCALYPSE.

• VALIANT COMICS

ARCHER & ARMSTRONG #19

1936266025?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936268056?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936270288?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936272297?profile=RESIZE_180x180Writer: FRED VAN LENTE

Art: PERE PEREZ

Cover: LEWIS LAROSA

Interlocking Pullbox Variant: JORGE MOLINA

Variant: MICHAEL WALSH

$3.99/T+/32 pgs.

MISSION IMPROBABLE – PART 3 (of 4)! Archer & Armstrong elbow in on Bloodshot's home turf!

Bloodshot and H.A.R.D. Corps have captured Obadiah Archer and jailed him within their secret compound – but have they trapped Archer or has Archer trapped them? Attacked from within, and with a fighting-mad Armstrong ready to break down the doors, Project Rising Spirit is learning the hard way that breaking up Valiant's premier team of conspiracy busters is tough to do!

Hey, lookit! Word balloons on a cover! Thank goodness somebody still does that!

1936272384?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936274844?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936275034?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936275214?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936277086?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936277364?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936272297?profile=RESIZE_180x180BLOODSHOT DELUXE EDITION BOOK ONE (HC)

1936277402?profile=RESIZE_180x180Writer: DUANE SWIERCZYNSKI

Art : MANUEL GARCIA, BARRY KITSON, ARTURO LOZZI and MATTHEW CLARK

Cover: ESAD RIBIC

$39.99/T+/368 pgs.

OVERSIZED HARDCOVER

An oversized, deluxe hardcover collecting Bloodshot's brutal first year in the Valiant Universe!

From his first no-holds-barred suicide run to the heated firefights of the Harbinger Wars, Valiant's indestructible, nanite-enhanced commando begins the quest for the long-lost answers behind his origin in this prestige-sized collection by acclaimed writer Duane Swierczynski (Birds of Prey) and all-star artists Manuel Garcia (Black Widow), Barry Kitson (Amazing Spider-Man), Arturo Lozzi (Immortal Weapons), and Matthew Clark (Adventures of Superman).

Your name is Angelo Mortalli. Your brother is trapped behind enemy lines and on the verge of -- no. That’s not right. Your name is Raymond Garrison. You’ve retired from the dangers of the field, but a desperate plea from your oldest friend plunges you into a vicious firefight that -- no. That’s not right, either. You are Bloodshot. You are the shade of gray that freedom requires. The perfect confluence of military necessity and cutting-edge technology. A walking WikiLeaks. A reservoir of dirty secrets that could set the world on fire. And you’ve just been captured.

Collecting BLOODSHOT #1-13, the Bloodshot Deluxe Edition Book One oversized hardcover also comes jam-packed with more than 20 pages of never-before-seen art and extras, direct from the Valiant vaults.

Well, heck. If I knew this was coming, I'd have waited, instead of buying all the trades. Phooey.

1936272297?profile=RESIZE_180x180QUANTUM AND WOODY #9

1936279566?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936281852?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936283777?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936283954?profile=RESIZE_180x180Writer: JAMES ASMUS

Art: KANO

Cover: TOM FOWLER

Pullbox Exclusive Variant: TOM RANEY

Variant: KANO

$3.99/T+/32 pgs.

"CROOKED LIVES, PRESENT TENSE"

ALL-NEW ARC! START READING HERE! The world's worst superhero team welcomes fan favorite artist Kano (Swamp Thing, Gotham Central) aboard to stop the latest scourge on the streets – ROBOTS!

Plus – the return of EDISON'S RADICAL ACQUISITIONS?!

Valiant is proud to announce that fan favorite artist and veteran creator Kano (Swamp Thing, Gotham Central) is joining the world's worst superhero team for an all-new story arc beginning in Quantum and Woody #9 this April! Written by award-winning writer James Asmus (The End Times of Bram & Ben), jump on board here for a brand new high-stakes adventure pitting Quantum and Woody against the latest scourge of the streets -- robots?!

Eric needs to know he can trust Woody -- and that means Woody needs to get a job, open a bank account, sign up for a library card, and do all the things a responsible adult does. But when a new gang of rogue mad-scientist super-criminals launch a wave of robo-crime, will Woody stop them … or join them? Plus: the return of Edison Radical Acquisitions, the debauched super-scientists that accidentally gave Quantum and Woody their super-powers. (And that would now like them back, please.)

"In the same way that Tom Fowler and Ming Doyle have both done for the series, Kano is in the perfect wheelhouse to make the reader feel Quantum and Woody's joy and pain, to tell a clear, vibrant, visual story even as the stuff that happens is madcap, fast-paced, and insane, and to make everything just feel hilarious and exciting," Quantum and Woody editor Alejandro Arbona told Comic Book Resources.

One of the 2013's most acclaimed new series debuts kicks off the new year with a KLANG! when acclaimed creators James Asmus and Kano introduce an all-new starting point this April in Quantum and Woody #9 -- featuring covers by all-star talents Tom Fowler, Tom Raney and Kano! Start reading here to find out why Quantum and Woody is the superhero series that has fans and critics agreeing -- the world's worst superhero team is off to an awesome start:

"[Quantum and Woody] raced into top gear almost immediately and still hasn't let go of the throttle." -- Comic Book Resources

"[Valiant] is doing a lot of good things with its superheroes, with [Quantum and Woody] right up there…as the line's finest." -- USA Today

"This series is impossible not to love. That’s right, impossible." -- IGN

"A perpetually entertaining, consistently surprising onslaught of funny and awesome…" -- Multiversity Comics

For more information, visit Valiant on Facebook, on Twitter, and at ValiantUniverse.com. For Valiant merchandise and more, visit Valiant.CinderBlock.com.

Valiant is proud to present your first look inside Quantum and Woody #9, the FIRST ISSUE of "Crooked Lives, Present Tense" – an all-new story arc from award-winning writer James Asmus (Thief of Thieves) and superstar talent Kano (Swamp Thing)! There's a new scourge sweeping the streets of the nation's capitol – robots(!!!) – and Quantum and Woody are on the case! (Or at least they're supposed to be.)

Eric needs to know he can trust Woody – and that means Woody needs to get a job, open a bank account, sign up for a library card, and do all the things a responsible adult does. But when a new gang of rogue mad-scientist super-criminals launch a wave of robo-crime, will Woody stop them…or join them? Plus: EDISON’S RADICAL ACQUISITIONS are back…and they'd like a word or two about their goat, please.

If robo-criminals are the disease, Quantum and Woody are the cough drop! Bring a napkin because things are going get sticky when the world's worse superhero team deals with "Crooked Lives, Present Tense"!

Still pretty funny stuff, even without Christopher Priest.

1936285875?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936286160?profile=RESIZE_320x3201936288269?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936290108?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936292073?profile=RESIZE_180x180

1936283954?profile=RESIZE_180x180

OTHER PUBLISHERS

ACG CLASSICS COLL PACK ADV INTO UNKNOWN ED

1936294006?profile=RESIZE_320x320Publisher: PS ARTBOOKS

Writers: BARRY FORSHAW & Various

$129.99

A gaggle of gruesome gore designed to blow brainpans and bowels alike. These were the days when anything went in comicbooks, no holds barred -- except for strangleholds, of course! Four glorious volumes at a crazy reduced price and comprising issues 1 through 20 of the world's very first anthology comic book, plus a free copy of PS's showcase magazine featuring samples of all that's good in the freakout world of four-color mayhem.

1936260412?profile=RESIZE_180x180ACG COLL WORKS ADV INTO UNKNOWN VOL 6 (SLIPCASE ED)

1936296154?profile=RESIZE_320x320Publisher: PS ARTBOOKS

Writers: DAVID TOSH & Various

Art: KEN BALD & Various

$64.99

Weird, mysterious and spine-tingling tales featuring issues #26-30 from December 1951 to April 1952 of the American Comics Group's classic and groundbreaking horror anthology comic. This sixth volume has been meticulously compiled from the original source material and painstakingly digitally restored giving 288 pages of four-color madness plus a gorgeous top-quality illustrated slipcase! When the collection is complete, the spines will display full "Adventures into the Unknown" Logo Graphic. Limited to just 300 copies worldwide and featuring a special introduction from David Tosh.

1936260412?profile=RESIZE_180x180ACG COLL WORKS FORBIDDEN WORLDS VOL 5 (SLIPCASE ED)

1936296579?profile=RESIZE_320x320Publisher: PS ARTBOOKS

Writers: SID JONES & Various

Art: KEN BALD & Various

$64.99

Another bevy of far-out freakiness from the kid sister mag of ACG's groundbreaking Adventures Into The Unknown, featuring more tales exploring the supernatural collected togther from issues #26-32 of the classic Forbidden Worlds. They may have been Forbidden to some, particularly when the Wertham Seduction of the Innocent hit the newsstands, but to kids the length and breadth of the United States (and a select few in the UK), Richard Hughes and his tremblin' team of terrific tormenters werewhere it was at. Big time. Tempus certainly does fugit. Doesn't seem like five minutes since we were putting the finishing touches to the inaugural volume of our Forbidden Worlds hardcover reissue series and already we're on the fifth book.

1936260412?profile=RESIZE_180x180ACG COLL WORKS OUT OF THE NIGHT VOL 3 (SLIPCASE ED)

1936298589?profile=RESIZE_320x320Publisher: PS ARTBOOKS

Writers: BARRY FORSHAW & Various

Art: BOB FORGIONE & Various

Here we go with the final volume in ACG's criminally short-run Out of the Night series, featuring the last five issues, #13-17, all contained in a special illustrated slipcase, limited to just 300 copies. Ah, those were the days, when America's comic book racks and spinners were full to bursting with a wealth of gaudily coloured classics boasting vampires, cannibalistic aliens and bloated corpses -- sometimes all three of 'em in the one body! Get the door locked and leave the lights on. That sound akin to the wind in the grate could be something else -- something entirely different.

$64.99

1936260412?profile=RESIZE_180x180ADVENTURE TIME FLIP SIDE #4

1936300683?profile=RESIZE_180x180Publisher: BOOM ENTERTAINMENT

Writers: PAUL TOBIN, COLLEEN COOVER

Art: WOOK JIN CLARK

Cover: COLLEEN COOVER,K COURTNEY BERNARD

$3.99

Everything is messed up and it's only getting messier! Finn and Jake find themselves in the middle of a war with no way out, they have to face the battle head on ... but what about the FLANKS?! Things are backwards and it looks like it's just going get more twisted as our heroes try to finish the adventure they started.

It's getting to the point where I'm going to learn all about Adventure Time whether I want to or not.

1936260412?profile=RESIZE_180x180BAR MAID #4

1936300866?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936302760?profile=RESIZE_180x180Publisher: ZENESCOPE ENTERTAINMENT INC

Writer: PATRICK SHAND

Art: JACOB BEAR

Cover A: BILLY TUCCI

Cover B: PASQUALE QUALANO

Mautre/ $3.50

The Japanese attack on Pearl Harbor is revealed to be just the first offensive in a much grander plan. Cassidy leads the fractured remains of the rebels against their forces, but how can they stand up to a threat that is able to beat time itself?

Now, now, girls, there's no need to fight over me! There's plenty of me to go around!

1936260412?profile=RESIZE_180x180BATTER UP CHARLIE BROWN (HC)

1936305109?profile=RESIZE_320x320Publisher: FANTAGRAPHICS BOOKS

Writer/Art/Cover: CHARLES M. SCHULZ

$9.99

This delightful gift book features three complete baseball stories starring good ol' Charlie Brown and his teammates Lucy, Linus, Pigpen, Snoopy, and the rest of the gang. Whether it's at home or on the road, on the mound or off the field, Charlie Brown gives it his all in these funny, touching testaments to his indefatigable spirit.

How many people are publishing Peanuts material these days? Seems like a lot.

1936260412?profile=RESIZE_180x180

BATTLESTAR GALACTICA ANNUAL 2014

1936295827?profile=RESIZE_180x180Writer: Robert Place Napton

Art: Kewber Baal

Covers: Kewber Baal

Teen + / 40 pages / $4.99

ON SALE DATE: April 2

The origin of the traitorous Baltar is revealed at last! As portrayed by legendary genre actor John Colicos, Baltar from the classic Battlestar is one of the most unforgettable and enigmatic characters of the original series. Who is the man that was recruited by the Cylons and helped bring about the destruction of the colonies? What became of him after the final episode of the original Battlestar series? These questions and more will be answered in this special annual that delves into the decades long mystery of who Baltar was and what turned him into the betrayer of mankind.

1936275026?profile=RESIZE_180x180BEAUTIFUL SCARS (HC)

1936305092?profile=RESIZE_180x180Publisher: BOOM ENTERTAINMENT

Writer: DURWIN S. TALON

Art/Cover: E.G. THOMPSON

$19.99

WHY WE LOVE IT: This is one of the most heartwarming family tales we've ever read. Everyone remembers the first person who inspired them to follow their dreams. This beautiful and elegant fable pays tribute to all our loved ones.

WHY YOU'LL LOVE IT: Weaving historical fiction and fantasy together, Durwin S. Talon and E. G. Thompson remind us of the power of stories, both those from our imaginations and, more importantly, those from our own lives.

WHAT IT'S ABOUT: BEAUTIFUL SCARS tells the story of Ridley Bourne as he explains to his granddaughter how he got each of his scars, each one gained through either a sad or uplifting adventure. Through his tales, she learns how to tell her own stories and how to hold on to his through her own, magical retelling.

Uh oh. This sounds thoughtful and heart-warming. Cynicism shields up! Snark phasers at the ready! And remember, men ... we will not cry! It's unmanly!

1936260412?profile=RESIZE_180x180BEN 10 OMNIVERSE PARALLEL PARADOX (GN)

1936307355?profile=RESIZE_180x180Publisher: VIZ LLC

Writer: JOEL ENOS

Art/Cover: ALAN BROWN

$7.99

An attempt to catch a thief who's stealing tech from the inhabitants of Undertown puts Ben and Rook face-to-face with someone from their past whose very existence could mean the end of the world as we know it. To save the universe (again), Ben will have to make one of the hardest decisions of his life. Can he do it before the parallel paradox unravels the very thread of history itself?!

1936260412?profile=RESIZE_180x180BLACK METAL VOL 3 (GN)

1936309180?profile=RESIZE_180x180Publisher: ONI PRESS INC.

Writer: RICK SPEARS

Art/Cover: CHUCK BB

$11.99

THE END IS NIGH! Brothers Sam and Shawn Stronghand lie murdered and rotting in the grave. Satan, wielding his God killing swords, begins his ascent towards heaven to wage war against the angels and the Almighty himself! But all is not lost! From the blackest void comes a force darker than the Prince of Darkness. Bear witness to the epic conclusion of this blackest and most metal of trilogies! BEHOLD! THE END IS UPON YOU!

You know, by definition, Satan can't kill The Almighty. Seriously, think about it for a minute.

1936260412?profile=RESIZE_180x180BLEACH GN VOL 60

1936311158?profile=RESIZE_180x180Publisher: VIZ LLC

Writer/Art/Cover: TITE KUBO

$9.99

As the rain falls in Karakura Town, Isshin faces off against a mysterious Black Hollow. But when a familiar face joins the fight, Isshin will need all the help he can get. Ichigo's dark past is revealed, but can he recover from the shock of finally learning the truth?!

1936260412?profile=RESIZE_180x180CALIBAN #1

1936313234?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936313513?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936315375?profile=RESIZE_320x320Publisher: AVATAR PRESS INC

Writer: GARTH ENNIS

Art/Cover: FACUNDO PERCIO

Terror Variant: FACUNDO PERCIO

Wrap Variant: FACUNDO PERCIO

Mature/$3.99

Master storyteller GARTH ENNIS and Fashion Beast artist FACUNDO PERCIO team up to deliver a haunting new epic of science fiction horror. The crew of the Caliban travels hyperspace on nothing more than a routine trip for the giant vessel. Just human beings that have been inside a bit too long, confident of no other life in the Galaxy, and all the vastness of space to remind them how far they are from home. But when an impossible accident suddenly causes the Caliban to slam into an abandoned alien ship, a nightmare in space begins to unfold. Ennis delivers his unique brand of flawed characters, spot-on dialog, and trademark flare for the unexpected in a new series in the vein of Alien. This is the beginning of the end for the crew of the Caliban. Available with Regular, Wraparound, Terror, and Design Sketch Incentive covers by Facundo Percio and a ultra-limited Dark Matter edition of just 1500 copies.

There is something deeply, deeply wrong with Garth Ennis!

1936260412?profile=RESIZE_180x180CHICAGOLAND DETECTIVE AGENCY VOL 6: MIDTERM NIGHTS SCHEME (GN)

1936315489?profile=RESIZE_180x180Publisher: LERNER PUBLISHING GROUP

Writer: TRINA ROBBINS

Art/Cover: TYLER PAGE

$6.95

When a set of magic potions disappear from Luna's locker, the Chicagoland Detective Agency takes up the young witch's case. If Raf, Megan, and Raf's talking dog Bradley can handle space aliens, mummies and ghosts, this case will be child's play!

• CROSSED BADLANDS #51

1936263494?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936263643?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936265599?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936260412?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936265892?profile=RESIZE_320x320Publisher: AVATAR PRESS INC

Writer: GARTH ENNIS

Art/Cover: CHRISTIAN ZANIER

Fatal Fantasy Variant: JACEN BURROWS

Torture Variant: GABRIEL ANDRADE

Wrap Variant: CHRISTIAN ZANIER

Mature/$3.99

GARTH ENNIS -- the creator of Crossed and Preacher -- continues the tale that set off C-Day in comic shops worldwide last month! We return to the beginning of the bloodiest survival horror comic ever created. For over five years fans have speculated and postulated how it all began. Now Ennis addresses a story directly to the faithful that have been preparing for the outbreak since 2008. Artist CHRISTIAN ZANIER provides the shocking illustration as the Crossed plague's earliest days are chronicled for all to see. But be warned ... there is no hope. Available with Regular, Wraparound and Red Crossed Incentive covers by Christian Zanier, a Fatale Fantasy cover by Jacen Burrows and a Torture cover by Gabriel Andrade.

I'm ready for this to go away. Even if the stories aren't torture porn, the covers sure are.

1936260412?profile=RESIZE_180x180DANCE IN VAMPIRE BUND OMNIBUS VOL 5

1936266170?profile=RESIZE_180x180Publisher: ST. MARTINS PRESS

Writer/Art/Cover: NOZOMU TAMAKI

Mature/$19.99

Mina Tepes, the princess of vampires, has set up a special district for vampires off the coast of Tokyo. Mina's extensive preparations include founding a school that she herself attends, along with her passionately loyal werewolf bodyguard, Akira, in tow. Ever since the day the school opened, rival vampire factions have opposed Mina's grand vision. They continue targeting the human populace in order to smear Mina's reputation and sabotage her well-laid plans of vampires and humans living together in peace. This omnibus edition contains volumes 13-14.

1936260412?profile=RESIZE_180x180DEAD LETTERS #1

1936268195?profile=RESIZE_180x180Publisher: BOOM ENTERTAINMENT

Writer: CHRISTOPHER SEBELA

Art/Cover: CHRIS VISIONS

$3.99

WHY WE LOVE IT: Here at BOOM! Studios, crime is in our blood-from our comic-turned-feature film 2 GUNS to our critically acclaimed series HIT, we've always had a passion for all things noir. DEAD LETTERS is the next step in our exploration of the genre.

WHY YOU'LL LOVE IT: Creators Christopher Sebela (Ghost, High Crimes) and newcomer Chris Visions are two fresh voices that are about to take the industry by storm. Don't miss out on a wholly unique take on supernatural noir.

WHAT IT'S ABOUT: Sam Whistler wakes up in an unfamiliar motel room, dressed in hospital scrubs and his arms wrapped in bandages. He remembers nothing-not how he got here, not where here is ... not even his own name. But the goons knocking down his door sure do, and it's going to take every single move in Sam's forgotten repertoire to outrun and outsmart the gang war he's just stumbled into.

1936260412?profile=RESIZE_180x180DICTATORIAL GRIMOIRE VOL 3: RED RIDING HOOD (GN)

1936270373?profile=RESIZE_180x180Publisher: ST. MARTINS PRESS

Writer/Art/Cover: AYUMI KANOU

Mature/$13.99

Grimm Otogi, a farflung descendant of the renowned Grimm Brothers, has always regarded the fairy tales his ancestors concocted as pure fiction. Unfortunately for the introverted half-Japanese teen, he is about to discover that the Grimm legacy is anything but pure! Upon receiving a posthumous letter from the dead father he never knew, Otogi finds a manuscript that reveals the truth about his ancestors: the Brothers Grimm made a deal with mystical beings known as the Märchen Demons, who now have a claim on Otogi's life. Can Otogi Grimm unlock the power of the manuscript and stop the fairy tale demons before they destroy him first?

1936260412?profile=RESIZE_180x180DRAGON BALL FULL COLOR VOL 2 (TPB)

1936272903?profile=RESIZE_180x180Publisher: VIZ LLC

Writer/Art/Cover: AKIRA TORIYAMA

$19.99

While Goku races toward Earth along the million-kilometer Serpent Road, the world’s mightiest martial artists make their last stand against alien invaders determined to wipe out the human race! Piccolo, Gohan, Kuririn, Tenshinhan and Chaozu struggle five-to-one against Nappa, only to find their opponent's power is greater than they ever dreamed. Their last chance is Goku ... but can he get there in time?

1936260412?profile=RESIZE_180x180GARFIELD #24

1936274999?profile=RESIZE_180x180Publisher: BOOM ENTERTAINMENT

Writer: MARK EVANIER, SCOTT NICKEL

Art: ANDY HIRSCH, MIRANDA YEO

Cover/Art: ANDY HIRSCH

$3.99

It's Spring again ... everybody knows it's Spring again ... especially our amazing GARFIELD team! While Garfield and Odie get into some seasonal shenanigans, Liz decides to spend a lovely Spring day with Arlene and meets a fairy princess. Guest artist Miranda Yeo joins the fun as we bring you two more all-new tales of the Fat Cat!

1936260412?profile=RESIZE_180x180GRIMM FAIRY TALES #96

1936276648?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936276867?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936277117?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936260412?profile=RESIZE_180x180Publisher: ZENESCOPE ENTERTAINMENT INC

Writer: RAVEN GREGORY

Art: ANTONIO BIFULCO

Cover A: EMILIO LAISO

Cover B: MARAT MYCHAELS

Cover C: RENATO REI

Mature/$2.99

Sela and Baba Yaga are forced to put aside their differences and join forces against Koschei the Deathless. Will their combined power be enough to defeat this minion of the Dark Queen, or will both fall to an evil that feeds off of their attacks? The Age of Darkness approaches as the countdown to Grimm Fairy Tales #100 continues!

I hate being picky, but Baba Yaga isn't a hot twentysomething babe. Ever.

1936260412?profile=RESIZE_180x180GOD IS DEAD #10

1936279109?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936279219?profile=RESIZE_320x3201936260412?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936279351?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936281546?profile=RESIZE_180x180Publisher: AVATAR PRESS INC

Writer: MIKE COSTA

Art: GERMAN ERRAMOUSPE

Carnage Wrap Variant: JACEN BURROWS

End of Days Variant: JACEN BURROWS

Iconic Variant: JACEN BURROWS

Mature/$3.99

More returned gods and demigods have targeted the Earth as their own. Now where once there was a single pantheon under Mother Earth Gaia, there is a churning vortex of divine anger and wrath. Mankind plotted to overthrow a god. But little did they know that the solution may be worse than the problem. MIKE COSTA continues JONATHAN HICKMAN's vision for the war of the divine in the pages of God is Dead! Available with a Regular, End of Days, and Iconic covers by Jacen Burrows, a Carnage Wraparound cover by German Nobile, and a special Gilded Retailer Incentive Cover also by Burrows.

1936260412?profile=RESIZE_180x180GOLD DIGGER #209

1936283689?profile=RESIZE_180x180Publisher: ANTARCTIC PRESS

Writer/Art/Cover: FRED PERRY

$3.99

With Britanny and Brianna busy making preparations for Bri's new "mommy" status, Gina has to rely Zan and Stripe for field help-and the "easy-mode" expedition she picks turns out to be a construct of the enigmatic Death Trap Architect! It's going to take ALL of her wits and resources to keep her brothers-in-law from being chewed up in one of the deadliest ancient hero-meat grinders ever built!

1936260412?profile=RESIZE_180x180HANA KIMI 3-IN-1 VOL 8 (TPB)

1936284007?profile=RESIZE_180x180Publisher: VIZ LLC

Writer/Art/Cover: Hisaya Nakajo

$14.99

Mizuki and Sano are now a couple in private, but she fears what will happen when he discovers that she's not a boy. Meanwhile, the dorm leaders have learned there is a girl living among them at Osaka High, and they are determined to find out who it is!

1936260412?profile=RESIZE_180x180HAPPY MARRIAGE VOL 5 (GN)

1936285882?profile=RESIZE_180x180Publisher: VIZ LLC

Writer/Art/Cover: MAKI ENJOJI

Mature/$9.99

Chiwa Takanashi has married a total stranger -- company president
    Hokuto Mamiya -- to get her father out of debt. Rather than having her husband continue to support her feckless father, Chiwa accepts a job at Shinjo Sakuraba's startup without telling Hokuto. Will Chiwa and Hokuto's newfound wedded bliss last now that she's working alongside her crush from college?

1936260412?profile=RESIZE_180x180HARLEM HELLFIGHTERS (GN)

1936287852?profile=RESIZE_180x180Publisher: RANDOM HOUSE

Writer: MAX BROOKS

Art/Cover: CANAAN WHITE

$16.95

From bestselling author Max Brooks, the riveting story of the highly decorated, barrier-breaking, historic black regiment -- The Harlem Hellfighters! Despite extraordinary struggles and racism, the 369th Infantry became one of the most successful -- and least celebrated -- regiments of World War I. The Harlem Hellfighters, as the German Army named them, spent longer than any other American unit in combat and displayed extraordinary valor on the battlefield. Bestselling author Max Brooks now tells the thrilling story of these courageous men in pages grittily inked by acclaimed illustrator Canaan White.

This sounds pretty interesting. I'm always amazed (and a bit touched) that so many African-Americans fought so heroically in World War II when given the chance. It's not like their country was treating them very well! I suppose there were plenty who didn't, and hated their country, but I'm amazed when I hear stories like this. They're just an amazing testament to the human spirit.

1936260412?profile=RESIZE_180x180HARVEY HORRORS COLL PACK WITCHES TALES ED (HC)

1936289670?profile=RESIZE_320x320Publisher: PS ARTBOOKS

Writers: RAMSEY CAMPBELL & Various

$129.99

The full run of Harvey's 28-issue run of Witches Tales, featuring beautifully illustrated tales of the supernatural from this forgotten classic. These were the days when anything went in comic books, no holds barred -- except for strangleholds, of course! Four glorious volumes at a crazy reduced price and comprising issues #1-28; that's around 1,000 totally gross-out pages of totally nutsoid horror plus a free copy of PS's showcase magazine featuring samples of all that's good in the freakout world of four-color mayhem.

1936260412?profile=RESIZE_180x180HARVEY HORRORS COLL WORKS BLACK CAT MYSTERY VOL 4 (HC)

1936291625?profile=RESIZE_180x180Publisher: PS ARTBOOKS

Art: JOE CERTA & Various

$47.99

Launched in the 1950s, the Black Cat Mystery titles are collected for the first time in their entirety for a unique 4-volume collection. Volume 4 collects issues #48-53 (February 1954 to December 1954) and exclusively features a special introduction from a leading author and profiles one of the genre's leading artists, Manny Stallman, with examples of his original work.

1936260412?profile=RESIZE_180x180HARVEY HORRORS SOFTIE COLL PACK

1936293699?profile=RESIZE_320x320Publisher: PS ARTBOOKS

Art: AL AVISON & Various

For more than two years now, the folks at PS have been reprinting classic volumes from the legendary Harvey Comicbooks line of over-the-top horror and supernatural yarns. Here for your edification are the five issues of each offour titles -- Chamber of Chills, Witches Tales, Tomb of Terror, and Black Cat Mystery, along with a copy of our Showcase sampler of everything we've been doing. Five sumptuous volumes!

$64.99

1936260412?profile=RESIZE_180x180HARVEY HORRORS WITCHES TALES SOFTIE VOL 4 (TPB)

1936295814?profile=RESIZE_320x320Publisher: PS ARTBOOKS

Art: JOHN GIUNTA & Various

$24.99

By popular demand, we're making available the whole run of Witches Tales in a run of sumptuous softcovers, each volume containing five to six issues but without the support material featured in the hardbacks. Volume 4 collects issues #17-22 (February 1953 to December 1953).

Wow! It's really encouraging to see all these ACG books -- it suggests sales are going well, which means they will keep coming. I love 'em, so I'm cheering.

1936260412?profile=RESIZE_180x180HELLO KITTY SURPRISE (GN)

Publisher: VIZ LLC

1936297821?profile=RESIZE_180x180Writer/Art/Cover: JORGE MONLONGO

$7.99

What's that? Who's there? It's a surprise!

Expect the unexpected! A day at the beach is more than just fun in the sun. A mysterious egg holds a tiny secret. Mama and Papa have a few secrets of their own. And a quiet afternoon with a good book is more enchanting than Hello Kitty ever could have imagined! Plus, prepare to be amazed by Anastassia Neislotova's tales of wonder!

1936260412?profile=RESIZE_180x180HIDDEN CHILD'S STORY OF HOLOCAUST (HC)

1936299587?profile=RESIZE_180x180Publisher: ST. MARTINS PRESS

Writer: LOIC DAUVILLIER

Art/Cover: MARC LIZANO

$16.99

In this gentle, poetic young graphic novel, Dounia, a grandmother, tells her granddaughter the story even her son has never heard: How, as a young Jewish girl in Paris, she was hidden away from the Nazis by a series of neighbors and friends who risked their lives to keep her alive when her parents had been taken to concentration camps. The book ends on a tender note, with Dounia and her mother rediscovering each other as World War II ends -- and a young girl in present-day France becoming closer to her grandmother, who can finally, after all those years, tell her story.

1936260412?profile=RESIZE_180x180HUNTER X HUNTER VOL 32 (GN)

1936299935?profile=RESIZE_180x180Publisher: VIZ LLC

Writer/Art/Cover: YOSHIHIRO TOGASHI

$9.99

As the Hunter elections reach the moment of decision, Killua closes in
    on the hospitalwhere Gon lies in a coma. Can he and his terrifyingly powerful sister Alluka reach Gon in time? If they do, Gon will have a chance to fulfill the dream that drove him to become a Hunter in the first place: reuniting with his father, Ging!

1936260412?profile=RESIZE_180x180LIBRARY WARS VOL 11: LOVE & WAR (GN)

1936300130?profile=RESIZE_180x180Publisher: VIZ LLC

Writer/Art/Cover: KIIRO YUMI

$9.99

Fighting censorship at her hometown art museum, Iku Kasahara and her fellow Library Forces team members are involved in a fierce skirmish in which several ranking officers are severely injured. The damage is far reaching, causing a rift in the Library Forces management that makes Iku question her place in the organization. In the midst of this controversy, Iku's relationship with her direct supervisor, Dojo, grows more intimate when a long-discussed tea-date begins to sound more like a romantic liaison!

• LOCAS VOL 1: MAGGIE THE MECHANIC (NEW PTG TPB)

1936260194?profile=RESIZE_180x180Publisher: FANTAGRAPHICS BOOKS

Writer/Art/Cover: JAIME HERNANDEZ

$18.99

The first volume collecting the Love and Rockets stories of spunky Maggie, her brash best friend and sometimes lover Hopey, and their friends. It all starts here!

Here's the Hernandez brother whose work I love. Yes, he's clearly influenced by Dan DeCarlo, but his brush work is superb and his lines confident. Just beautiful, even when he's not drawing beautiful women (which, thankfully, he often does).

1936260412?profile=RESIZE_180x180MARTIN LUTHER KING JR.: LET FREEDOM RING (GN)

1936262387?profile=RESIZE_180x180Publisher: RANDOM HOUSE

Writer: MICAHEL TEITELBAUM, LEWIS HELFAND

Art/Cover: SANKHA BANERJEE

$11.99

Non even half a century ago America was segregated, when everything depended on the color of one's skin. Access to schools, restaurants, parks, buses, and even water fountains was segregated. And born into this world was Martin Luther King, Jr. Armed with the non-violent teachings of Ghandi and a staunch belief that all men and women were created equal, King stepped to the forefront of the Civil Rights Movement. Through a series of peaceful protests and marches, King captured the attention of the world -- and changed the lives of millions of Americans.

1936260412?profile=RESIZE_180x180MAX STEEL HAYWIRE (GN)

1936264434?profile=RESIZE_180x180Publisher: VIZ LLC

Writer: TOM PINCHUK

Art/Cover: JAN WIJNGAARD

All Ages/$7.99

Max Steel: The ultimate turbocharged teen hero with a secret! Maxwell McGrath is just your average 16-year-old boy ... until he starts experiencing uncontrollable Turbo Energy! To control this superpower, he must merge with a know-it-all alien ultralink named Steel. Together this unlikely duo will battle to save the earth as the ultimate turbocharged superhero -- MAX STEEL! A shadowy new villain hits Earth with a super computer virus that takes down technology and creates communications chaos. Can Max figure out how to get things back online-without using his usual techno-tricks to do it?!

1936260412?profile=RESIZE_180x180NARUTO VOL 65 (GN)

1936264718?profile=RESIZE_180x180Publisher: VIZ LLC

Writer/Art/Cover: MASASHI KISHIMOTO

$9.99

As the battle against Obito and Madara continues to heat up, Sasuke has Orochimaru revive the previous four Hokage! In order to learn the truth, Sasuke will listen to First Hokage Hashirama's tale of how the village was founded. But what will Sasuke's next move be once he gets what he wants?!

1936260412?profile=RESIZE_180x180NIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD AFTERMATH VOL 2 (TPB)

1936264856?profile=RESIZE_180x180Publisher: AVATAR PRESS INC

Writer: DAVID HINE

Art: TOMAS AIRA

Cover: JACEN BURROWS

Mature/$19.99

The hedonistic late 1970s is the perfect backdrop for the next evolution in the classic Night of the Living Dead series! DAVID HINE continues a horrifyingly original take on the zombie menace as the virus spreads through Las Vegas leaving it a city of the dead. As a group of unlikely survivors flee east, they encounter something more sinister even than the reanimated corpses that seem intent on finding and dining upon the ragtag refugees. For locked away in a secure military facility they discover that true horror is bred by the living much more efficiently than the dead. But hidden within the misery is the unthinkable ... an anomaly that could lead to a zombie vaccine. This collection includes issues #7-12 of the Night of the Living Dead: Aftermath series.

1936260412?profile=RESIZE_180x180NURA: RISE OF THE YOKAI CLAN VOL 20 (GN)

1936266902?profile=RESIZE_180x180Publisher: VIZ LLC

Writer/Art/Cover:  HIROSHI SHIIBASHI

$9.99

Thanks to rumors, all of Tokyo is terrified of Rikuo and wants him dead! But Rikuo's got other problems too. In Shibuya, a yokai is turning human girls into monsters, and he's got a special spell in store for Rikuo when he tries to stop him.

1936260412?profile=RESIZE_180x180PHANTOM COMPLETE DAILIES VOL 1: 1936-1937 (DLX ED HC)

1936269165?profile=RESIZE_320x320Publisher: HERMES PRESS

Writer: LEE FALK

Art/Cover: RAY MOORE

$49.99

The first Volume of Hermes Press' critically acclaimed series of Phantom reprints has been sold out for over three years. Hermes Press has decided to re-issue this volume, with additional documentary material and revisions to make this ground breaking feature available again! Spanning the first two years of the strips, The Phantom: The Complete Newspaper Dailies Volume One: 1936-1937 presents the origin of the Phantom as well as two additional continuities of the strip. Included in this deluxe reprint are comprehensive historic essays by comic historian Ron Goulart and Phantom expert, the late Ed Rhoades.

I'm enjoying these books far more than I expected or even hoped. No wonder Falk was famous!

1936260412?profile=RESIZE_180x180POKEMON BLACK & WHITE VOL 15 (GN)

1936269243?profile=RESIZE_180x180Publisher: VIZ LLC

Writer/Art/Cover: HIDENORI KUSAKA

$4.99

"How can Black convince a group of bitter Pokemon to trust people again? And how can Trainer Alder convince Team Plasma leader N that the Pokemon League exemplifies the powerful bond between Pokemon and their trainers? Then, it's Black and White -- together again! Now how will our friends rescue the kidnapped Gym Leaders ...? Plus, meet Cobalion, Virizion, Terrakion, Twineedle, Megahor and ... Serperior and Samurott?! Not to mention the new rougher and tougher Gigi?!"

1936260412?profile=RESIZE_180x180PRE-CODE CLASSICS WEIRD MYSTERIES VOL 2 (HC)

1936269428?profile=RESIZE_180x180Publisher: PS ARTBOOKS

Art: BERNARD BAILEY & Various

$47.99

Here comes that doyen of depravity PS ARtbooks once more with a new sideline, Pre-Code Classics, and lots more tales guaranteed to turn your brain into total mush. Read 'em and weep, culture-lovers and rest assured there's more where these came from. Collects issues #7-12 (October 1953 to September 1954).

1936260412?profile=RESIZE_180x180RACHEL RISING #24

1936270907?profile=RESIZE_180x180Publisher: ABSTRACT STUDIOS

Writer/Art/Cover: TERRY MOORE

$3.99

No one is safe as Rachel, Jet and Aunt Johnny do their best to save the descendents of Manson from the revenge of Lilith, the world's oldest witch. Can the town be saved? It's now or never! Don't miss this exciting issue with a chilling twist!

1936260412?profile=RESIZE_180x180RED SONJA #8

STK631243.jpg?width=150STK631244.jpg?width=150Publisher: Dynamite

Writer: Gail Simone

Art: Walter Geovani

Cover: Jenny Frison

Variant: Nei Ruffino

Teen + / 32 pages / $3.99

The unstoppable warrior is honor-bound to continue on in a king's bizarre quest to find and capture the greatest artisans of the world, whether they want to be found or not!  In this unforgettable story, Sonja seeks the finest animal trainer in the world...except he's trained them all for WAR, with only Sonja to stop them!

1936260412?profile=RESIZE_180x180RED SONJA AND CUB (ONE-SHOT)

1936272642?profile=RESIZE_180x180Publisher: Dynamite

Writer: Jim Zub

Art: Jonathan Lau

Covers: Jeffery "Chamba" Cruz

Teen + / 40 pages / $4.99

UPC: 725130215499 01011

ON SALE DATE: April 2

Blood will rain down upon the snowy ground as the She-Devil With A Sword battles her way across the Asiatic lands of Khitai. In a land of complex family loyalties and death before dishonor, will sharpened steel and the muscle to wield it be enough? Find out in this manga style inspired tale by Jim Zub (SAMURAI JACK).

1936275026?profile=RESIZE_180x180REVELATIONS #4

1936276755?profile=RESIZE_180x180Publisher: BOOM ENTERTAINMENT

Writer: PAUL JENKINS

Art/Cover: HUMBERTO RAMOS

Mature/$3.99

Things are finally coming together for Detective Charlie Northern. With the aid of Vatican Lawyer Lucille Pellicci, Northern's investigation has picked up pace and the answers are coming together. Little does Northern know that the closer he gets to the truth, the more desperate others will be to keep their secrets buried.

1936260412?profile=RESIZE_180x180SHAHRAZAD #4

1936276801?profile=RESIZE_180x180Publisher: BIG DOG INK

Writer: KARI CASTOR, KIM HUTCHINSON

Art: MIKE KROME

Cover: MIKE KROME, J. SCOTT BAMPBELL

$3.50

Shahrazad is the main attraction at a battle royale for the ages!

1936260412?profile=RESIZE_180x180SLEEP OF REASON (GN)

1936276980?profile=RESIZE_180x180Publisher: IRON CIRCUS COMICS

Writer: BLUE, C DELLIQUANTI & Various

Art: AINSLEY SEAGO & Various

Cover: MICHAEL DEFORGE

Mature/$30.00

The Sleep of Reason is a 360-page black-and-white anthology of horror comics for mature readers. Inspired by likes of Taboo, Uzumaki, and Black Hole, this collection is devoid of the familiar by design. There are no garden-variety monsters in The Sleep of Reason; no well-worn terrors from film and television. This is an anthology of comics that strive to inspire unparalleled dread.

1936260412?profile=RESIZE_180x180STRIKE WITCHES VOL 2: MAIDENS IN THE SKY (GN)

1936279038?profile=RESIZE_180x180Publisher: ST. MARTINS PRESS

Writer: HUMIKANE SHIMADA

Art/Cover: YUUKI TANAKA

Mature/$12.99

In 1939, an enigmatic alien force called the Neuroi launched a widescale invasion of Earth, destroying nation after nation. Humanity's last hope at survival is to form an international elite fighting force of flying aces known as "Strike Witches!" Enter a young healer named Yoshika Miyafuji, the newest inductee into the 501st Joint Fighter Wing. Yoshika may be opposed to the military, but if she wants to survive, she better learn quick from veteran ace and strict displinarian, Mio Sakamoto, what it means to be a Strike Witch.

1936260412?profile=RESIZE_180x180SUICIDE RISK #12

1936281223?profile=RESIZE_180x180Publisher: BOOM ENTERTAINMENT

Writer: MIKE CAREY

Art: ELENA CASAGRANDE

Cover: STEPHANIE HANS

$3.99

Now awake, aware, and pissed off about what's been done to him, the supervillain known as Requiem is looking for answers. There are huge gaps in his memories -- he doesn't know how he comes to be in this world he doesn't know, in this life that isn't his. But the mass murderer known as Requiem does know one thing: He wants answers, and there's no one he won't hurt or kill to get them. Not even Leo Winters' family.

1936260412?profile=RESIZE_180x180SWEET REIN VOL 2 (GN)

1936281504?profile=RESIZE_180x180Publisher: VIZ LLC

Writer/Art/Cover: SAKURA TSUKUBA

$9.99

Kurumi and Kaito have remained together for a year, but a Dark Santa appears, intent on breaking the two apart. Kurumi and Kaito's rein is severed, and the Dark Santa takes control of Kaito. Can Kurumi manage to get Kaito back, even when she's still unsure if he's truly happy as her servant?

1936260412?profile=RESIZE_180x180TAO LITTLE SAMURAI #1: PRANKS & ATTACKS (GN)

1936283674?profile=RESIZE_180x180Publisher: LERNER PUBLISHING GROUP

Writer: LAURENT RICHARD

Art/Cover: NICOLAS RYSER

$6.95

Tao, the Little Samurai -- Tao is a master at pulling off jokes and pranks, but he's also determined to become a master of martial arts someday! In volume 1, Pranks and Attacks!, Tao is studying martial arts at the famous Master Snow's school. But no matter how hard he concentrates on his lessons, mischief gets in the way! In volume 2, Ninjas and Knock Outs!, Tao's wandering mind always gets him into trouble, especially when he starts having lovey-dovey thoughts about his friend Kat! Tao starts pulling bigger, sillier pranks, but will Kat notice him? Then in volume 3, Clowns and Dragons!, Tao is in school to be a fearless samurai. Join the fun as he tries to prank some bullies and teach kung fu moves to his cat!

1936260412?profile=RESIZE_180x180TAO LITTLE SAMURAI #2: NINJAS & KNOCK OUTS (GN)

1936285751?profile=RESIZE_180x180Publisher: LERNER PUBLISHING GROUP

$6.95

Ninjas and Knock Outs! -- Tao dreams of becoming a martial arts master, but his wandering mind always gets him into trouble. Especially when he starts having lovey-dovey thoughts about his friend Kat! Tao starts pulling bigger, sillier pranks. Will Kat notice him?

1936260412?profile=RESIZE_180x180TAO LITTLE SAMURAI #3: CLOWNS & DRAGONS (GN)

1936285932?profile=RESIZE_180x180Publisher: LERNER PUBLISHING GROUP

$6.95

Clowns and Dragons! -- Tao is in school to be a fearless samurai. But he's a natural at goofing off. Join the fun as he tries to prank some bullies and teach kung fu moves to his cat!

1936260412?profile=RESIZE_180x180TIB & TUMTUM VOL 2: MY AMAZING DINOSAUR (GN)

1936287781?profile=RESIZE_180x180Publisher: LERNER PUBLISHING GROUP

Writer: GRIMALDI

Art/Cover: BANNISTER

$7.95

Tib is teased in his stone-age tribe for the birthmark on his face. When he meets Tumtum the dinosaur, Tib finds a friend who has a birthmark too -- and who accepts Tib just the way he is. The tribe knows that Tib's friend, Tumtum, is real. But not everyone loves the red dinosaur as much as Tib does. How can Tib prove to the tribe that there's more to this dinosaur than meets the eye?

1936260412?profile=RESIZE_180x180TORIKO VOL 21 (GN)

1936287917?profile=RESIZE_180x180Publisher: VIZ LLC

Writer/Art/Cover: MITSUTOSHI SHIMABUKURO

$9.99

To capture the elusive Bubble Fruit, Toriko and Komatsu undergo intense training at Chowlin Temple. Toriko struggles to quiet his rumbling stomach and show gratitude for food, but soon a bigger challenge arises -- Gourmet Corp. sends sinister new agents to crush the temple. Can Toriko master Honoring the Food in time to save it?

TUROK: DINOSAUR HUNTER #3

1936289598?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936291702?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936291970?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936275026?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936293845?profile=RESIZE_180x1801936293999?profile=RESIZE_180x180Publisher: Dynamite

Writer: Greg Pak

Art: Mirko Colak

Covers: Bart Sears

Subscription variant cover: Jae Lee

Teen + / 32 pages / $3.99

As dinosaur carnage spreads across the land, Turok and Andar face an even more dangerous enemy -- a fangless, scale-less monstrosity that's more ruthless than any other creature on the planet. How will Turok face the onslaught of this new world of horror? GREG PAK (Batman/Superman) and MIRKO COLAK (Conan) bring you an amazing Turok tale you've NEVER experienced!

This didn't actually come out on April 30. According to Diamond, it came out on April 23!

1936275026?profile=RESIZE_180x180UGLYDOLL MY HERO (GN)

1936296172?profile=RESIZE_180x180Publisher: VIZ LLC

Wrier/Art/Cover: TRAVIS NICHOLS

$7.99

Do you need a hero?

So do we. We want to help, we really do. But after all the suiting up, choosing powers, assembling a super team and rescuing cats from trees, there's no time for pie. And we really like pie. So maybe we're not cut out for saving the world. Don't you agree, Ice-Bat? Oh, wait, he's off defending the Uglyverse. We'll ask him when he's done. Right after we finish dessert.

Hey! It's a bird, it's a plane, it's Mad Barbarians, DVRB, Theo Ellsworth and Junko Mizuno!

1936260412?profile=RESIZE_180x180VOICE OVER SEIYU ACADEMY VOL 4 (GN)

1936296268?profile=RESIZE_180x180Publisher: VIZ LLC

Writer/Art/Cover: MAKI MINAMI

$9.99

After days of grueling training at Yamada's special voice acting retreat, Hime can finally bring forth her prince voice! Now she's ready to start her next job as a recurring character in an exciting new anime. But her first day on the set doesn't go as she'd hoped. Why do her costars and the producers seem to hate her when they just met her?!

• ...Uumm , Arnold Drake and George Kashdan were paisanos ? Mamma mia !

I have heard of Al Kilgore , MSA , but I can't pinpoint him right now .

• My thoughts on Gold Key's Star Trek #1.

Light week for me:

6 DCs but Green Lantern is very under-whelming.

5 Marvels and 4 of them new. I like Loki more than She-Hulk but both are recommended.

1 Dark Horse: Edgar Allen Poe's The Premature Burial

1 IDW: Monster & Madman--Frankenstein Meets Jack the Ripper!!

1 Image: Starlight--Flash Gordon's mid-life crisis!

This reply was deleted.