ANSWER TP

Eisner award-winning writer and artist Mike Norton!

Mike Norton (W/A/Cover), Dennis Hopeless (W), and Mark Englert (C)

FC, 96 pages

$12.99

Insomniac librarian Devin MacKenzie is yanked into a maelstrom of mayhem and mystery by the punctuation-faced crime fighter known as the Answer! Can this unlikely team take on the sinister BRAIN TRUST? A thoroughly original superhero adventure from Mike Norton (Battlepug) and Dennis Hopeless (Avengers Arena, Cable and X-Force). Collects the four-issue miniseries.

• Dennis Hopeless (Cable and the X-Force, Avengers Arena) is one of comics’ rising stars!

The track record for the creators of this series, in my opinion of course, is competent but un-exciting. Naturally, that's what this book looks to me.

I'm trying not to be fooled by the punctuation on the main character's facemask, because it suggests much better characters who did the same. (Bonus points to those who can name the three I'm thinking of.)

CONAN: PEOPLE OF THE BLACK CIRCLE #1

Hercules and Hulk team, Van Lente and Olivetti, reunite!

Fred Van Lente (W) and Ariel Olivetti (A/C/Cover)

FC, 32 pages

$3.50

Miniseries

Two of the hottest names in comics—writer Fred Van Lente and artist Ariel Olivetti—reunite for a brutal Conan epic like no other!

Assassins, dark magic, and a beautiful noblewoman mean trouble for the Cimmerian barbarian unlike he’s ever seen in this full-tilt escapade through the mountains of Afghulistan!

• Conan like you’ve never seen him—fully painted by Olivetti!

• A new miniseries set a decade after the Conan ongoing!

"Van Lente display(s)...masterful ability to write entertaining stories…Olivetti's...painterly style gives the imagery an ethereal quality that seems based in reality, but shrouded in the mystery of myth."–Comic Book Resources

I said it last week, and I'll say it again: Dark Horse has yet to do a Conan series that even lowers itself to mediocre. I bet this one is pretty good, too.

DARK HORSE PRESENTS #29

Eisner and Harvey Award Winner!

David Lapham (W/A), Andrew MacLean (W/A), Caitlín R. Kiernan (W), Mike Baron (W), Ron Randall (W/A), Steve Niles (W), Michael T. Gilbert (W/A), Dara Naraghi (W), Patrick Alexander (W/A), Neal Adams (W/A/Cover), Steve Lieber (A), Steve Rude (A), menton3 (A), Richard Corben (W/A), and Tom Williams (A)

FC, 80 pages

$7.99

Read the epic and action-packed thirteen-page final chapter of Neal Adams’s Blood! Meet Mindy and her cartoon sidekick in a world of gang warfare and haircuts in Andrew MacLean’s Snip Snip!

Plus, new installments of The Strain: The Fall, Mr. Monster, Alabaster, Trekker, Nexus, Nosferatu Wars, and a Poe story from Richard Corben!

• Featuring a story from the world of Guillermo del Toro and Chuck Hogan’s The Strain: The Fall!

• The thrilling conclusion to Neal Adams’s Blood!

“Arguably the best showcase for writers and artists of its kind, it’s not only a great collection of short and ongoing comic work, but of the quality of the artists and writers that Dark Horse has managed to attract.” — Newsarama

As a long-time comics fanatic, I would be thrilled for anthologies to thrive again. Apparently, though, that's an opinion that exists only in the abstract. When it comes down to it even a comics fiend like myself, who shouts hurrah at the very idea of anthologies, won't buy any. Including this book, which is hands down the best anthology I've ever seen. Does anybody know why that is? Can you explain it to me?

HELLBOY: MIDNIGHT CIRCUS HC

Mike Mignola (W/Cover), Duncan Fegredo (A), and Dave Stewart (C)

FC, 56 pages

$14.99

Young Hellboy runs away from the B.P.R.D. only to stumble upon a weird and fantastical circus and the few demons from Hell who inhabit it.

• Cover and story by Mike Mignola!

• Duncan Fegredo returns!

• An original graphic novel in hardcover!

"In the world of Hellboy, the stony hand that Hellboy uses to clobber opponents is called the Right Hand of Doom. For cartoonist and creator Mike Mignola, his right-hand man for doing Hellboy these days could be considered Duncan Fegredo." —Newsarama

Mignola on Hellboy. 'Nuff said.

KISS ME SATAN #2

From the writer of Spike the artist of Colder!

Victor Gischler (W), Juan Ferreyra (A), and Dave Johnson (Cover)

FC, 32 pages

$3.99

After an attack from a vampire maid, Barnabus Black and the witches flee their hiding spot in a cheap Big Easy motel. Barnabus says he knows a safe place, and as they cross the historic Garden District Cemetery, zombies erupt from their graves and attack the group. A new hit man arrives who is known as THE BONE WRANGLER, and his power is control of the undead.

• Featuring covers by Dave Johnson!

• By Victor Gischler (Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Spike—A Dark Place) and Juan Ferreyra (Colder, Rex Mundi)!

I have no idea what this book is about, but "Kiss me, Satan!" is just a funny thing to say. (Especially if you use a high, squeaky voice.)

MASS EFFECT FOUNDATION #4

All-new 13-issue maxiseries!

Mac Walters (W), Tony Parker (A), Michael Atiyeh (C), and Benjamin Carré (Cover)

FC, 32 pages

$3.99

Far away from Earth, on Gagarin Station—or “Brain Camp,” as its students call it—a young Kaidan Alenko undergoes his biotic training. During an exceptionally grueling lesson, Kaidan steps in to defend the lovely Rahna from the brutal Commander Vyrnnu—but his rash actions have tragic consequences!

• Written by Mac Walters, lead writer of Mass Effect 2 and 3!

• A canonical entry in the Mass Effect series!

• Ties in to the Mass Effect 3: Citadel DLC pack!

I don't play the videogame, so I have no interest in the comic book, even though at one time it was written by Marv Wolfman.

MASSIVE #16

(W) Brian Wood (A) Garry Brown (CA) John Paul Leon, Jordie Bellaire

In the rugged North Sea, the crew of the Kapital come across a rogue group of whalers, persistently hunting despite the realities of the Crash. When Callum Israel and his crew intervene, they come face to face with centuries of tradition and what is referred to as the "old ways."

$3.50

MIND MGMT #16

A New York Times best-selling series!

Matt Kindt (W/A)

FC, 24 pages

$3.99

Matt Kindt’s latest self-contained issue delves into the history of the woman at the center of the Mind Management conspiracy! What was the Eraser’s role at MIND MGMT, and why is she intent on bringing it back?

Comics mastermind Matt Kindt delivers a self-contained story from the world of MIND MGMT!

“There’s a reason Mind MGMT Volume 1 appeared on Amazon.com’s best comics of the year so far. Anyone looking for something a little different, but still in the realm of fantasy and science fiction look no further. “—Adventures in Poor Taste

I'm not a big fan of Kindt's art style, but it's in that gray area that if the story is good, I could tolerate the art. But I'm not likely to pick up the book because of the art, and I will never find out on my own if the story is good. So, can anyone out there recommend this to me? Am I missing a good story?

STAR WARS LEGACY II #8

“Hardman's artwork is drool worthy. Mix in some stunning color work by Rachelle Rosenberg and you have everything one could possibly want in a Star Wars book.”–IGN

Corinna Bechko (W), Gabriel Hardman (W), Brian Thies (A), Rachelle Rosenberg (C), Augustin Alessio (Cover)

FC, 32 pages

$2.99

Ania Solo and Imperial Knight Jao’s search for Sith leads to the poisoned Mon Calamari homeworld of Dac—where their ship is boarded by pirates who have taken over the planet’s orbiting shipyards.

Jao senses the dark side at work—especially when he and Ania are marked for death!

• Sith, pirates, and the planet of the dead!

“Star Wars: Legacy is another excellent extension of this universe, as it does just enough right for both fanboys and fangirls to be worthy of the heritage it now represents.“ —Unleash the Fanboy

Am I the only one whose interest in Star Wars evaporated the first time he saw Jar-Jar Binks? Because it did. The Phantom Menace murdered the little boy inside me who loved Star Wars.

ABSOLUTE JOKER LUTHOR HC

(W) Brian Azzarello (A) Lee Bermejo, Mick Gray (CA) Lee Bermajo

Two of DC's greatest villains take center stage in this new Absolute edition from Eisner Award winning writer Brian Azzarello and artist Lee Bermejo! This slipcase contains two hardcovers and collects the LUTHOR: MAN OF STEEL 5-issue miniseries and the original graphic novel JOKER, along with sketchbook pages and more!$99.99

These stories are pretty good ones, so you'd be well advised to buy this book if you have interest in these characters.

But since I have read these stories before, I won't be buying this book. Instead, I'm dreaming of the Joker-Luthor book I really want, which collects all their team-ups from Silver Age to present. That. Would. Be. Awesome.

ADVENTURES OF SUPERMAN #6

Written by J.T. KRUL

Art by MARCUS TO

Cover by MITCH BREITWEISER

40 pg, FC, $3.99 US • RATED T • DIGITAL FIRST

A young Superman faces a threat like he’s never seen before when a powerful alien warlord named Mongul shows up on Earth’s doorstep looking for trouble! Will Superman heed the counsel of his Kryptonian father? Or will the words of a certain silver-tongued Phantom Zone prisoner cloud his judgment?

This book stars the Superman everyone over the age of 35 has always loved. Complete with red panties!

ALL STAR WESTERN #24

Written by JUSTIN GRAY and JIMMY PALMIOTTI

Art by MORITAT

Cover by LEONARDO MANCO

32 pg, FC, $3.99 US • RATED T+

This is the end of the line for Jonah Hex’s trip to modern day Gotham City! Is his future our past or a padded cell in Arkham Asylum?

I trade-wait this book, so Jonah is still in the late 1800s up to the point I've read. And when I heard he was going to move to the future for an unspecified amount of time, my internal alarms went off (remembering Hex). That's what's happening here, and I won't see it until the next Jonah Hex TPB I get.

Then again, every time I underestimate Gray & Palmiotti, they prove me wrong. So, even though I hate the concept, I'm actually looking forward to this.

AQUAMAN #24

Written by GEOFF JOHNS

Art and cover by PAUL PELLETIER and SEAN PARSONS

32 pg, FC, $2.99 US • RATED T

Who is the Scourge of the Seven Seas?! All his life, Arthur’s been told that he is the King of the Seven Seas. But he’s about to learn exactly what that title means—and the dark power and legacy it carries with it. Is it possible for one man to rule every living thing in the ocean? Or is the King of the Seven Seas always doomed to die trying?

Johns has gone a good job redressing the many problems the Aquaman concept has. I read Aquaman and enjoy it OK, but I suspect it will be canceled again three months after Johns has left. Johns has done good work, but not good enough; the character is better than he was, but he's still not compelling. Johns has tinkered skillfully around the edges, but that's not what Aquaman needs. He needs to be re-invented entirely. IMHO!

ARROW #12

Written by MARC GUGGENHEIM

Art by VICTOR DRUJINIU, JUAN CASTRO, ALLAN JEFFERSON and JONAS TRINDADE

Photo cover

FINAL ISSUE

After the shocking events of the season one finale, Oliver reflects on the regrets of his past...and his course of action for the future. Plus, when a pilot gets in deep with the wrong kind of people, the Starling City vigilante becomes an unlikely ally in the fight to save his family.

My wife is eagerly awaiting Season 2 of Arrow. I'd be pleased, except that I know what she's really looking forward to is seeing Stephen Amell with his shirt off again.

BATGIRL VOLUME 3: DEATH OF THE FAMILY HC

Written by GAIL SIMONE, RAY FAWKES and SCOTT SNYDER

Art by ED BENES, DANIEL SAMPERE, GREG CAPULLO, JULIUS GOPEZ,

JONATHAN GLAPION, MARK IRWIN, VICENTE CIFUENTES and ADMIRA WIJAYA

Cover by ED BENES

224 pg, FC, $24.99 US

Batgirl stars in these epics from #14-19 of her monthly series, plus BATMAN #17, BATGIRL ANNUAL #1 and a story from YOUNG ROMANCE #1, all spinning out of “Death of the Family.” The Joker is back, and Barbara Gordon must confront her past as she deals with the crazed criminal responsible for crippling her. Plus, once the dust settles, Barbara must deal with her family demons as her psychotic brother James Jr. comes after her.

As I said last month, I found "Death of the Family" a disappointment. But of all the books involved in this tepid storyline, I think Batgirl was the best. So if you're only going to buy one, buy Batman (because that's needful). But if you're going to buy two, make Batgirl the other one.

BATMAN THE DARK KNIGHT #24

Written by GREGG HURWITZ

Art and cover by ALEX MALEEV

Now that he's locked up in Arkham, Gotham City is safe from the threat of Clayface. But what led Clayface to become the monster that he is? The answers lie here.

Going back to the first Clayface story I ever read (World's Finest Comics #140, March 1964), I have never believed that Batman could survive five seconds against the guy. He's Superman level, as WFC #140 showed. So I view all Clayface stories in Bat-books with a jaundiced eye, and so far I feel my opinion has been born out: In every Clayface story I read, Batman SHOULD be dead in the first five seconds, but he always wins by writer's fiat.

Upshot is: I don't like Clayface stories in  Bat-books. He ought to be a Justice League foe.

BEWARE THE BATMAN #1

Written by IVAN COHEN

Art and cover by LUCIANO VECCHIO

32 pg, FC, $2.99 US • RATED E

DC Nation proudly presents: BEWARE THE BATMAN, a new, all-ages series! Bruce Wayne spent years learning crime-fighting techniques from his butler (and former secret agent) Alfred Pennyworth. Now he’s ready to take on Gotham City’s criminal underground as the Batman!

Are kids liking this? I hope so, because old farts like me don't. So I honestly, genuinely hope that kids like this.

CATWOMAN #24

Written by ANN NOCENTI

Art by RAFA SANDOVAL and JORDI TARRAGONA

Cover by TERRY DODSON and RACHEL DODSON

32 pg, FC, $2.99 US • RATED T+

It’s time! Catwoman vs. The Joker’s Daughter deep in the Gotham Underground!

I'm not reading Catwoman. The high point on this character, for me, was when Ed Brubaker was writing her. He made her unique and interesting. But ever since, she's been too ill-defined for me to maintain an interest. And I was really unimpressed with the first New 52 trade, because it relied too heavily on "fan service" and not enough on plot and characterization.

Has it gotten better? Any recommendations?

Points should be given to Nocenti, though, for making Joker's Daughter more than the throwaway character she was when introduced in Teen Titans years ago, when it was painfully obvious that her only raison d'etre was to establish trademark.

DC VS. MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE #2

(W) Keith Giffen (A) Dexter Soy (CA) Ed Benes

Skeletor is on the loose in the DC Universe! If He-Man and the Masters of the Universe can't stop him, then how can the Justice League hope to?

$2.99

FABLES ENCYCLOPEDIA DELUXE EDITION HC

Written by JESS NEVINS with commentary by BILL WILLINGHAM and MARK BUCKINGHAM

Art by VARIOUS

Wraparound cover by ADAM HUGHES

256 pg, FC, 7.0625” x 10.875”,

$39.99 US • MATURE READERS

From Aladdin to Zephyr, THE FABLES ENCYCLOPEDIA is a must-have reference guide to the hidden history of every Fables character from Bill Willingham’s multiple award-winning series. Written by noted academic scholar Jess Nevins (The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen Companion) with artwork by FABLES luminaries including cover artists James Jean, Joao Ruas and series regulars Mark Buckingham and Steve Leialoha, the FABLES ENCYCLOPEDIA provides rich historical information about each character as well as his/her first appearances and respective role within creator/writer Bill Willingham’s imaginative Fables mythos. Willingham and series artist Mark Buckingham provide fun facts and anecdotes along the way. Featuring an exquisite wraparound cover by noted FAIREST cover artist Adam Hughes, the FABLES ENCYCLOPEDIA is a deluxe hardcover that’s essential for every FABLES reader, old and new.

THE FLASH #24

Written by FRANCIS MANAPUL and BRIAN BUCCELLATO

Art and cover by FRANCIS MANAPUL

Barry’s battle against the Reverse-Flash ends with major revelations and The Flash facing an impossible challenge!

I hear Manapul and Buccellato are leaving soon. That's too bad, as I enjoyed their work. But I was never blown away by it, so I'm less in mourning than other fans I've heard from. OTOH, most of those fans are still wanting Wally West in the role and have real antipathy for Barry Allen, period. It takes extra-hard work by the creators to get those fans into the current Flash. I get that, and I'm sure Manapul & Buccellato got it, too.

That's not me, though. To me, Wally West was always a fill-in, and I don't need any extra help to accept Barry Allen in the role. To me, that's who the Flash is. So this is a nice superhero book that I enjoy reading, without any convincing, and I will enjoy the next creative team, too, as long as they keep the above-average quality up.

THE GREEN TEAM: TEEN TRILLIONAIRES #5

Written by ART BALTAZAR and FRANCO

Art and cover by IG GUARA

When the world’s not big enough for you, where can you go? Space, of course! Armageddon’s inevitable if nobody stops an asteroid from hurtling towards Earth—but The Green Team’s spotted an opportunity to both save the world AND make a buck in the process! Of course, nothing about this mission will go as planned… especially with a most unexpected threat waiting beyond the atmosphere!

I'm still not reading this, as I haven't found a hook to get me interested. Any recommendations, Legionnaires?

INJUSTICE: GODS AMONG US #10

Written by TOM TAYLOR

Art by JHEREMY RAAPACK, MIKE S. MILLER and TOM DERENICK

Cover by MICO SUAYAN

Hoping to stop Batman’s behind-the-scenes maneuvering, Superman has decided to take him out of the game. He’s going to go worldwide with the news that the Caped Crusader is really Bruce Wayne. But at the last minute, Batman plays his one remaining ace. He’s about to turn off the lights on the JLA’s satellite headquarters.

This is a really dark story. I bet the videogame is dark too. But I'm not reading the former, or playing the latter, so I'm willing to be educated.

JUSTICE LEAGUE #24

JUSTICE LEAGUE #24 COMBO PACK

(W) Geoff Johns (A/CA) Ivan Reis, Joe Prado

A "Forever Evil" tie-in! THE JUSTICE LEAGUE IS DEAD! But who's at the top of the food chain now? And what does BLACK ADAM have to say about it?

$3.99

I'm mildly surprised -- and pleased -- that so many of the DCU villains have found plausible reason to resist the Crime Syndicate (as shown in Villains Month books).

That's the way it ought to be! Villains are, by definition, not joiners or people-pleasers. The only way a villain would cooperate with the Crime Syndicate is if he or she is afraid not to, and they're are plenty of DCU villains who are confident enough in their own power to NOT be afraid, like Black Adam. And there are others who value their turf/command even more than life, like Captain Cold. And so forth.

I'm hoping that what "Forever Evil" will show us is villain-against-villain battles that make perfect sense, with the added stakes that villains aren't remotely resistant to killing their opponents. Let's hope the Crime Syndicate discovers that they've bitten off more than they can chew -- not because of our good guys, but because of our bad guys!

JUSTICE LEAGUE DARK #24

Written by RAY FAWKES

Art and cover by MIKEL JANIN

32 pg, FC, $3.99 US • RATED T

A “Forever Evil” tie-in! THE JUSTICE LEAGUE DARK IS DEAD. Not even the JL Dark can escape the evil that’s invaded the Earth—except for John Constantine! But why has he alone survived? And will he try to stop the villains—or join them? Long live the NEW Justice League Dark!

LARFLEEZE #4

Written by KEITH GIFFEN and J.M. DeMATTEIS

Art by SCOTT KOLINS

Cover by TYLER KIRKHAM

No longer an army of one, the Orange Lantern Corps declares war on Larfleeze! But the greedy Agent Orange won’t let his possessions go easily! “Revolt of The Orange Lanterns” begins here!

I'm not following this, but I would if I thought it was a black humor book and not just another dreadfully dull Lantern book. Is it? Let me know, Legionnaires!

Special Preview

RED LANTERNS #24

Written by CHARLES SOULE

Art by ALESSANDRO VITTI

Cover by STEPHEN SEGOVIA

32 pg, FC, $2.99 US • RATED T+

You’ve already seen sneak peeks at chapters one, two, and three of “Lights Out” – this October’s epic crossover event that will change the Green Lantern universe forever.

Written by Charles Soule and illustrated by Alessandro Vitti, RED LANTERNS #24 serves as the penultimate chapter of “Lights Out.” In this issue, Hal Jordan travels to the Red Lanterns’ home planet of Ysmault to enlist their help in the battle against Relic that has already cost him and the Corps so much. Guy Gardner, however, is furious with Hal and wants to get something from the Green Lanterns in exchange for the Red Lanterns’ help. Meanwhile, it’s Atrocitus vs. Kyle Rayner for control of the Rage entity, The Butcher!

For more information, please visit DC Comics' official press blog.

As I said last month, the endless crossovers between Lantern books may be getting old, but it's also the only reason most of them exist. You could cancel Green Lantern Corps, Green Lantern: The New Guardians, Larfleeze and Red Lanterns tomorrow, and I wouldn't bat an eye.

If nothing else, maybe the "Lights Out" crossover will establish all the Lantern spin-off books as something that can stand alone. Because right now, they can't.

SUICIDE SQUAD VOLUME 3: DEATH IS FOR SUCKERS TP

(W) Adam Glass (A) Fernando Dagnino & Various (CA) Ken Lashley

As the Suicide Squad closes in on Basilisk leader Regulus, Deadshot and Harley discover sleeper agents in their ranks. Meanwhile, Harley must face her former boyfriend, The Joker! Collecting issues #14-19 of the hard-hitting series!

$14.99

SUPERMAN #24

Written by SCOTT LOBDELL

Art and cover by EDDY BARROWS and EBER FERREIRA

“Psi War” comes to a shocking conclusion as one of the people closest to Superman becomes a casualty—and then, cometh the Oracle to tell Superman that Krypton lives once more!

Wow, that all sounds so Been There Done That. I hope the execution is better than the description.

TALON #12

Written by JAMES TYNION IV

Art by EMANUEL SIMEONI

Cover by KEN HUNT

Lives hang in the balance as Talon rushes back to Gotham City to stop the Court of Owls from taking apart his life once and for all! But will Batman stand as his ally—or stand in his way?

I was surprised to find out I didn't hate this book. But that's not to say I love it. It's in the middle ground where I enjoyed the first TP enough that I don't begrudge the money I spent buying it, but not enough to want to buy the second. Anyone want to nudge me into it?

TEEN TITANS #24

Written by SCOTT LOBDELL

Art by ANGEL UNZUETA and ART THIBERT

Cover by EDDY BARROWS and EBER FERREIRA

As Forever Evil spreads across the world, where have the Teen Titans gone? Find out when they are and why the Titans definitely aren’t together!

TOM STRONG AND THE PLANET OF PERIL #4

Written by PETER HOGAN

Art by CHRIS SPROUSE and KARL STORY

32 pg, FC, 4 of 6, $2.99 US • RATED T

The remaining members of S.M.A.S.H. go up against dozens of bikers in a battle over much-needed humanitarian supplies. But not even help from Tom Strong and all their gods can keep the entire convoy safe.

I kinda lost the thread of the Tom Strong narrative when he found the parallel Earth with ... Tom Savage? Tom Superman? Tom Strange? Whatever. I'll buy this in trade if a Legionnaire recommends it, but otherwise I'll let the whole ABC line fade from my memory, as it's already beginning to.

THE UNWRITTEN #54

Written by MIKE CAREY and BILL WILLINGHAM

Art by PETER GROSS and MARK BUCKINGHAM

Cover by YUKO SHIMIZU

32 pg, FC, $2.99 US • MATURE READERS

The big finale of “The Unwritten Fables” is here! The survivors of Fabletown have launched their final assault on Castle Dark—and been broken. Their king is dead and their champions defeated. But the battle’s not over until the wicked witch says it is, and Frau Totenkinder still has plans for Tom Taylor and Boy Blue. Unfortunately, the cure she has in mind is even worse than the disease ...

I buy this in trade, so I'm a little confused by why Tommy Taylor was in Fables-land for a few issues. I guess I'll find out.

DCE ESSENTIALS: THE SANDMAN #1

Written by NEIL GAIMAN

Art by SAM KIETH and MIKE DRINGENBERG

Cover by DAVE McKEAN

64 pg, FC, $1.00 US • MATURE READERS

A chapter from the issue that launched the most acclaimed comics series ever is reprinted! Morpheus is introduced when the Order of Ancient Mysteries attempts to summon Death but instead seizes Dream. Freed after 70 years of confinement, Morpheus emerges in the present day and exacts a terrifying vengeance upon his captor …

CROW CURARE #3

(W) James O'barr (A) Antoine Dode (CA) James O'barr

Detective Joe Salk's obssession with the dead girl culminates in this final tale of violent retribution as secrets are revealed, debts are paid and lives are forever changed.

$3.99

I have never read any of O'Barr's Crow, nor have I ever seen any of the movies. Frankly, it all looked really adolescent to me -- even when I was an adolescent.

Am I missing anything Legionnaires? Should I buy up all the back-issue Crow stuff?

DOCTOR WHO OMNIBUS VOLUME 2 TP

(W) Tony Lee & Various (A) Al Davison & Various (CA) Tommy Lee Edwards

All 16 issues plus the 2010 Annual and A Fairytale Life are collected in this second Doctor Who Omnibus. Includes the final comic book tales of the 10th Doctor plus a stand alone tale starring the 11th Doctor that's not to be missed!

Tony Lee, Jonathan L. Davis, Matthew Dow Smith, Al Davison, Matt Sturges (w) o Al Davison, Matthew Dow Smith, Blair Shedd, Kelly Yates, Brian Shearer (a) o Tommy Lee Edwards ( c)

$29.99

I also am not a Whovian. I am not proud of that, but neither am I ashamed of it. I first saw Dr. Who in late-night reruns on WKNO in my town in the '60s, and those episodes were so awful they left a bad taste in my mouth that has never gone away.

That being said, I am delighted for those of you who are big Dr. Who fans. I rejoice in your hobby for you. But do not think you can shame me by insisting that I should also be a Whovian. I am not now, nor at my age is it likely I will ever be, so save your breath -- and your outrage. I will not be shamed.

DOCTOR WHO VOLUME 3 #14

(W) Tony Lee (A) Mike Collins (CA) Mark Buckingham

Deadman's Hand, Part 2 of 4: Clara and Calamity Jane have been shot dead by a reanimated Wild Bill Hickok-but how? And does this relate to Thomas Edison's secret research site in the Black Hills? And why doesn't Oscar Wilde care if he dies? Only the Doctor knows, and he's not telling!

$3.99

FEVER RIDGE: MACARTHUR JUNGLE WAR #4

(W) Mike Heimos (A/CA) Nick Runge

Erik and Blackie are in complicit captivity in the camp of the Junker-gone native, Baron Anton von Stierland, the inscrutable leader of an ambush crew comprised mainly of the ghostly and fierce Mud Men of the Sepik Valley. Having made their way into the Huon Peninsula in violation of their own Spirits and of local taboos, they are on the hunt for every Japanese soul they can find...

$3.99

I'm about as much a '40s nut as you'll ever see, so this appeals to me on a visceral level. But it also seems to be alternate-history enough that it will negate what I love about the decade. Has anyone read this?

GI JOE AMERICA'S ELITE VOLUME 1: DISAVOWED TP

(W) Joe Casey (A) Stefano Caselli, Nelson Blake II (CA) Sharp

One year has passed since the end of A Real American Hero, but a new threat looms on the horizon. The President has reactivated the G.I. JOE team headed by General Joe Colton and headquartered in a new complex called The Rock.

$24.99

HAUNTED HORROR #7

Listen to what fans are screaming about our full color reprints of banned 1950s comics:

"The dead walk again in Haunted Horror!"-Martin Hirchak

"Haunted Horror is absolutely disgusting, gory, & VERY entertaining!"-Tommy Stanziola

"From straight A student to teen junkie, the stories in this ghoulish gallery made me the man I am today!"-Ghastly Gilbert Smith

"The stories the Comics Code Authority didn't think you could handle!"-Sean MacLellan

$3.99

With all the wonderful -- and comprehensive -- '50s horror collections coming out from PS Artbooks and Dark Horse, I'm beginning to think of these Craig Yoe "samplers" as a waste of money. I'll probably buy this one, but unless someone talks me out of it, it will probably be the last one.

JUDGE DREDD #12

(W) Duane Swierczynski (A/CA) Nelson Daniel

"Into The Cursed Earth," chapters 10-12: Roasted Judge on a Spit (Serves 6-8): Ingredients: one (1) Judge, metal spit, Kosher salt. 1. Kill the Judge (pick your favorite option; we just like to shoot 'em in the mouth) 2. Pry off helmet, that big gold bird, boots, gloves, etc. 3. Secure Judge to spit carefully; dead Judges are heavy and tend to flop around as the spit turns. 4. Light coals, turn slowly, salting and basting with blood (pro tip: save it from step number 1) every half hour. 5. When the skin bubbles up into these fine little blistery pustules, it's time to eat! (Recipe courtesy Angel Brothers Gang, all rights reserved)

$3.99

JUDGE DREDD: YEAR ONE TP

(W) Matt Smith (A) Simon Coleby (CA) Greg Staples

"The Long Hard Road" begins here! In an all-new adventure from Joe Dredd's early days as a Mega City-One Judge, writer (and Eagle-award-winning 2000 AD Editor) Matt Smith presents a tale where "all the young juves, carry the news," only in this case, the news is delivered with a lethal blow! 

$17.99

Oh no! Is IDW going to reprint all of Judge Dredd in high-quality books? I've already got them all in low-quality books. You mean I have to buy them AGAIN? Aaaargh!

MY LITTLE PONY TALES VOLUME 1 TP

(W) Thomas F. Zahler & Various (A) Amy Mebberson & Various (CA) Amy Mebberson

Collecting the six hit spotlight issues on everyone's favorite ponies! Twilight Sparkle, Rainbow Dash, Rarity, Fluttershy, Pinkie Pie...everybody gets a story!

$19.99

OTHER DEAD #2

(W) Joshua Ortega, Digger T. Mesch (A) Qing Ping Mui (CA) Reynir Hauksson

The world's first Zombie Animal epic continues! President Obama travels to New Orleans to deal with the evacuation of the city, as Tommy, Azrael, and Justina  fight for their very lives against the undead animal horde! All-star creators Kevin Eastman (Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles), Joshua Ortega (Gears of War, Frank Frazetta's Death Dealer), and Digger T Mesch (Agent 88) join up with rising star Qing Ping Mui for the shocking second issue of the year's most talked-about new horror series!

$3.99

I told my wife a few months ago that human zombies are bad enough, but if animals ever got infected, humans would be extinct in a generation.

Think about it: What would stop zombie rats? We can't keep rats out now, and they're not even trying very hard. Imagine them very determined to get in your house and bite you. Not to mention squirrels and raccoons. And if insects got infected ...

Seriously, it's game over.

POWERPUFF GIRLS CLASSICS VOLUME 1: POWER PART TP

(W/A) Craig McCraken & Various (CA) Philip Moy

They're cute. They're fun. And they're powerful! The Cartoon Network classic Powerpuff Girls returns in this collection of comic-book adventures. Featuring the ladies' first appearances in Cartoon Network Starring #1 and #5, as well as issues #1-4 of their ongoing series.

$19.99

Do little girls like this? I hope so. This is exactly what I'd imagine a great book for little girls to be. But I'm a guy, so I could be wildly off the mark!

ROCKETEER/SPIRIT: PULP FRICTION #2

(W) Mark Waid (A) Loston Wallace (CA) Paul Smith

The most pulp-tastic crossover of all time continues! What is the TV Terror that threatens all of Los Angeles-and how can the Rocketeer and the Spirit hope to combat such a futuristic menace? Plus-it's the Peevey/Dolan team, together again at last!

$3.99

I see the name "Mark Waid" on a title and I write it down as something I will buy. (But in trade.)Special Preview

SAMURAI JACK #1

(W) Jim Zub (A/CA) Andy Suriano

$3.99

The long wait is almost over as the fan-favorite series is set to make its IDW debut this October! Through a partnership with Cartoon Network Enterprises, IDW will create and distribute a series of comic books being released monthly.
A cult-classic and fan-favorite of the highest order, the popular and acclaimed animated series from Cartoon Network pitted a feudal Samurai known only as Jack against the ancient demon wizard, Aku. Displaced in time, Jack was made to traverse a strange landscape of the future to find his way back to his own time.

“Samurai Jack is an irresistible mix of high adventure, comedy and mythic storytelling,” said series writer Jim Zub (Skullkickers) who will be joined by Andy Suriano (Character Designer on the original Samurai Jack television series) to lead Jack on his newest adventure!

Suriano’s affinity for Jack will help shape his continuing adventure. He added, “returning to Samurai Jack is such a personal experience and labor of love for me. It's like stepping through a time portal back to characters I know as friends and a world that really launched my animation career."

The first five-issue arc will explore the secrets of the “Rope of Eons,”

In addition to the great talent already working on this book, the first arc features variant covers by the show’s immensely talented creator, Genndy Tartakovsky! “As a Jack and Genndy fan I'm thrilled to be writing new stories that continue where the TV series left off. I'm channeling my inner samurai to deliver a fun action-packed ride each and every issue,” said Zub.

Along with the high quality collections of existing material that IDW will be releasing, the new publishing series promises to take Jack back to the past in new and exciting ways!

I love, love, love the Samurai Jack cartoon. Static comic-book images can't capture everything I like about the cartoon, but in its last iteration the Samurai Jack comic book came close enough that it was a good enough hit until I could get the real stuff on TV. I hope this series does the same.

STAR TREK ONGOING #26

(W) Mike Johnson (A/CA) Erfan Fajar

The conflict between the Klingon and Romulan Empires erupts, with Captain Kirk and the crew of the Enterprise trapped in the middle! Don't miss the newest chapter of the ongoing series overseen by Star Trek Into Darkness writer/producer Roberto Orci!

$3.99

STAR TREK THE NEXT GENERATION/DOCTOR WHO: ASSIMILATION COMPLETE HC

(W) David Tipton & Various (A) J. K. Woodward & Various (CA) Sharp

Captain Jean-Luc Picard and the crew of the USS Enterprise have joined forces with the Doctor and his companions to combat an unholy alliance between the Federation's most terrifying enemy and one of the Doctor's greatest antagonists. But once the Cybermen turn on their Borg allies, the Doctor and Picard find themselves at odds over how to proceed against the threat, with the fate of the universe hanging in the balance! 

$34.99

THUNDER AGENTS #3

(W) Phil Hester (A) Andrea DiVito (CA) Phil Hester

The reassembled T.H.U.N.D.E.R. Agents battle Iron Maiden to a stalemate in the caverns of Kashmir while a hidden army rises below, but which side will they take? Director Kathryn Kane stands trial for her exploration of the forbidden Judgment Towers, but can T.H.U.N.D.E.R. itself survive their now-unleashed power?

$3.99

Kudos for a very Wally Wood-looking cover.

TMNT NEW ANIMATED ADVENTURES #4

(W) Erik Burnham (A/CA) Dario Brizuela

Everyone's favorite hothead usually packs quite a punch, but after a dangerous Foot Clan ambush, Raphael will have to rely on his brothers to do the punching. With the clock ticking, will Leo, Mikey, and Don be able to overcome the odds against Shredder's assassins?!

$3.99

TMNT ONGOING VOLUME 6: CITY FALL PART 1 TP

(W) Tom Waltz, Kevin Eastman (A) Kevin Eastman, Mateus Santolouco (CA) Mateus Santolouco

The latest collection of the red-hot ongoing series kicks off with Kevin Eastman's solo issue #21, a prelude to the first three parts of "City Fall." A normal night on the town for Raphael and Casey turns deadly when the Foot Clan appears in full force. The resulting chaos is only the first step in Shredder's master plan!

$17.99

TRANSFORMERS: LAST STAND OF THE WRECKERS HC (RED LABEL EDITION)

(W) Nick Roche, James Roberts (A) Nick Roche, Guido Guidi (CA) Trevor Hutchinson

The Autobot special ops crew, The Wreckers, are sent to investigate Garrus-9, a prison that fell to the Decepticons three years ago with no communication in or out since. Who's really behind the prison siege, and what dark secret awaits Springer there? The answers to those questions will send this mission to the razor's edge! This Red Label edition of Transformers: Last Stand of the Wreckers collects all five issues of the limited series and is limited to 250 copies. The book contains a mounted signature page signed by Nick Roche, Guido Guidi and James Roberts and hand-numbered to 250. This special edition also contains a portfolio of six lithographs featuring the team-up illustrations Guido Guidi and Nick Roche drew for the Blue Label edition. Stamped with the IDW Limited Black Foil Imprint, this edition also includes: an exclusive cover only available through this IDW Limited release; a limited-edition, custom-designed tray case; a vellum title-page overlay; new end pages; and a black satin ribbon bookmark. NOTE: Limited to 250 copies; allocations may occur. Scheduled in stores 07/31/13. (4793) 

TRANSFORMERS: REGENERATION ONE #95

(W) Simon Furman (A) Guido Guidi (CA) Andrew Wildman, Guido Guidi

AND ONE SHALL RISE! Yep, a there's a new Prime on the block (and the old one isn't gone yet), and just in the nick of time too, as Cybertron shudders and reels under the dual assault of BLUDGEON and his WarWorld and a spitting mad GALVATRON. But is the advent of RODIMUS PRIME a boon for Cybertron or one more dark domino falling in the headlong rush to universal armageddon?

$3.99

TRUE BLOOD VOLUME 6: HERE WE GO AGAIN HC

(W) Michael McMillian (A) Michael Gaydos, Beni Lobel (CA) Michael Gaydos

With creative collaboration from TRUE BLOOD creator/writer/producer Alan Ball, actor/writer Michael McMillian begins a climactic arc that threatens to rip up Bon Temps at its roots and has a former Merlotte's waitresses returning from the dead!

$21.99

My wife used to love this show, but eventually drifted away from it. (I thought it implausible from the outset, and didn't enjoy it.) How about the comics? Anybody know?

VITRIOL THE HUNTER TP

(W) Bill Martin, Brent Allen (A/CA) Bill Martin

They own the night... they yearn for the day! In this gothic sci-fi adventure, Billy Martin (guitarist of Good Charlotte) and Brent Allen bring a new grisly horror to life! As Basilika City's last great hope, Vitriol stands as the only force that can stop Lord Barthus and his heinous vampire regime from overtaking the city.

$19.99

X-FILES SEASON 10 #1 4TH PTG

(W) Joe Harris (A) Michael Walsh (CA) Carlos Valenzuela

Fourth printing of the sold out blockbuster debut! For years they investigated the paranormal, pursued the "monsters of the week," and sought the truth behind extraterrestrial activity, along with the grand conspiracy surrounding it rooted deep within their own government. But when Agents Mulder and Scully reunite for a new, ongoing series that ushers The X-Files into a new era of technological paranoia, multinational concerns and otherworldly threats, it'll take more than a desire "to believe" to make it out alive. The X-Files: Season 10 also sees creator Chris Carter return to the fold as Executive Producer! Scheduled to ship 10/16/13. (4793)

$3.99

X-FILES SEASON 10 #2 4TH PTG

(W) Joe Harris (A) Michael Walsh (CA) Carlos Valenzuela, Photo

Fourth printing of the sold out second issue! "Believers," Part 2 of 5. Dana Scully has survived abduction, cancer, motherhood by mysterious means, and surrendering her "miracle" baby. But she's never encountered anything like these "Acolytes" before, or the mysterious "Deacon" who's saved her from them. Plus, Mulder follows a lead to Arlington National Cemetery and the final resting place of the "Lone Gunmen." Scheduled to ship 10/16/13. (4793)

$3.99

X-FILES SEASON 10 #3 2ND PTG

(W) Joe Harris (A) Michael Walsh (CA) Carlos Valenzuela

Second printing of the sold-out third issue!  "Believers," Part 3 of 5: The Acolytes are seeking Scully's lost son, William, and Dana realizes there's more than meets the eye to her abductor, known only as the Deacon. Meanwhile, Mulder uncovers more of the truth than he can handle when an old, cigarette-smoking "friend" pays him a visit. Scheduled to ship 10/30/13. (4793)

$3.99

ZOMBIE WAR #1

(W) Kevin Eastman, Tom Skulan (A/CA) Kevin Eastman, Eric Talbot

When the denizens of Earth's military cemeteries begin to rise from the dead, who will stop them? Over ZOMBIE WAR's two giant-sized issues, Jina, a tough-as-nails fighter pilot sets about uncovering what reanimated these heavily armed monsters and more importantly, what will stop them?! Featuring scripts and layouts by TMNT co-creator Kevin Eastman and art by Eric Talbot (Heavy Metal), this new incarnation will present ZOMBIE WAR in full color for the first time, courtesy of TMNT colorist Ronda Pattison!

$3.99

Wow -- one of the TMNT guys goes Full Monty Zombie. I don't really know what to think about that.

Views: 2061

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Newsboy said:

The original Star Trek had a monster that was essentially a guy under a rug. ("The Horta") I used to play Horta with my dog, who would bite the rug.

That would be the great Janos Prohaska, who played monsters and apes on many a show back then.

Wait! Janos Prohaska was a real person? That's what Chaykin "revealed" as Blackhawk's real name!

Newsboy said:

Wait! Janos Prohaska was a real person? That's what Chaykin "revealed" as Blackhawk's real name!

Yes, Janos Prohaska was real, and a name that very familiar to us inveterate TV credits watchers back in the 60's and 70's.  I always thought it was kind of dumb that "Janos Prohaska"  was meant to be Blackhawk's real name - especially since I had always heard that Blackhawk was supposed to be Polish, and Prohaska was Hungarian.

Summer Wars is a beautiful history about love and family.  I have read it in Portuguese and I highly recommend it.

"Blake & Mortimer" is a Belgian SF series that was the work of Edgar P. Jacobs, one of Herge's collaborators. The series began in the first issue of Tintin. Mortimer is a British scientist and Blake his military friend. Jacobs's art style was similar to Hergé's. In the two volumes I've read - Atlantis Mystery and The Time Trap - his characters aren't as compelling, but I like his art and the stories' fantastic elements. In Atlantis Mystery Blake and Mortimer discover an underground Atlantean civilisation with advanced technology. In The Time Trap, which Cinebook apparently hasn't gotten to yet, Mortimer is transported by a time machine into the past and far future.

The series seems to be popular in the Francophone world. It's been continued in recent years by other hands imitating Jacobs's style, and a number of the Cinebook volumes so far are translations of these recent volumes. Although "The Secret of the Swordfish" pt. 1 is listed in the solicitation as vol. 15 it's the first part of the first "Blake & Mortimer" story. This was originally published in album form in two parts but is nowadays published in three, which apparently is how Cinebook is publishing it. Wikipedia says the original version of the first album was the "very first comic album by publisher Lombard".

The "Valerian" series is another Francophone one, and an account of it can be found here. This series began in the 60s; Wikipedia tells me a volume concluding the series appeared in 2010. The series was handled throughout by writer Pierre Christin and artist Jean-Claude Mézières. I've read two volumes from this series also (from a previous translation series, as with the two Jacobs volumes), "World Without Stars" and "The Heroes of the Equinox". These are drawn in a more bigfootish style that the above. Valerian is a likeable fallible hero accompanied in his adventures by his capable girlfriend Laureline. The stories are fancifully imaginative and humorous and have mild risqué elements. Cinebook seems to be publishing the volumes in their original sequence. "Welcome to Alflolol" apparently originally appeared in Pilote in 1971-72.

ANSWER TP: I remember thinking I ought to order this before the first issue came out. Here I am at TPB time, saying yes!
DAREDEVIL #32: Please tell me the last page of the last issue was a red herring.
FF #13
HELLBOY MIDNIGHT CIRCUS HC (C: 0-1-2): Looks awesome! Can't wait.
INDESTRUCTIBLE HULK #14
NOVA #9 INF Loved the previous issue. Let's hope for more Speedball and Vance Astro in this issue.
PRETTY DEADLY #1 (MR) Aww, yeah, Pretty Deadly. Aww yeah.
SUPERIOR SPIDER-MAN TEAM UP #5 NOW
VELVET #1 (MR) Velvet, may you feel as smooth beneath my fingers as your namesake.
WOLVERINE AND X-MEN #37 BOA

You, sir, are a poet.

Wandering Sensei: Emeritus said:

VELVET #1 (MR) Velvet, may you feel as smooth beneath my fingers as your namesake.

This is why I love this board.

Thanks, Luke!

Luke Blanchard said:

"Blake & Mortimer" is a Belgian SF series that was the work of Edgar P. Jacobs, one of Herge's collaborators. The series began in the first issue of Tintin. Mortimer is a British scientist and Blake his military friend. Jacobs's art style was similar to Hergé's. In the two volumes I've read - Atlantis Mystery and The Time Trap - his characters aren't as compelling, but I like his art and the stories' fantastic elements. In Atlantis Mystery Blake and Mortimer discover an underground Atlantean civilisation with advanced technology. In The Time Trap, which Cinebook apparently hasn't gotten to yet, Mortimer is transported by a time machine into the past and far future.

The series seems to be popular in the Francophone world. It's been continued in recent years by other hands imitating Jacobs's style, and a number of the Cinebook volumes so far are translations of these recent volumes. Although "The Secret of the Swordfish" pt. 1 is listed in the solicitation as vol. 15 it's the first part of the first "Blake & Mortimer" story. This was originally published in album form in two parts but is nowadays published in three, which apparently is how Cinebook is publishing it. Wikipedia says the original version of the first album was the "very first comic album by publisher Lombard".

The "Valerian" series is another Francophone one, and an account of it can be found here. This series began in the 60s; Wikipedia tells me a volume concluding the series appeared in 2010. The series was handled throughout by writer Pierre Christin and artist Jean-Claude Mézières. I've read two volumes from this series also (from a previous translation series, as with the two Jacobs volumes), "World Without Stars" and "The Heroes of the Equinox". These are drawn in a more bigfootish style that the above. Valerian is a likeable fallible hero accompanied in his adventures by his capable girlfriend Laureline. The stories are fancifully imaginative and humorous and have mild risqué elements. Cinebook seems to be publishing the volumes in their original sequence. "Welcome to Alflolol" apparently originally appeared in Pilote in 1971-72.

Here it is, the second week of the all-new “Comics Guide” and already I’ve fallen down on the job! I read all of your comments in blue, and it is my intention to respond (to those I have something to say about) before Wednesday. I won’t, however, be able to help you with most of the recommendations you were seeking.

ANTHOLOGIES: I agree with everything you said. I like the idea of anthologies, but I very seldom ever buy them, at least not for any significant length of time. The Dark Horse anthology is very good, but it seems expensive. I bought the first dozen or so issues, but then they started reprinting collections of the features which interested me most. Ironically, I stopped buying when they started a serial featuring one of my all-time favorite characters (Nexus) in anticipation of a collected edition, but so far, nada. Anthologies traditionally don’t sell well, and I think it’s likely because people don’t like being “forced” to buy feature they don’t care for in order to read ones they do. Even in a case such as this (in which I like all the features), the short chapters just aren’t enough to sink my teeth into.

THE CROW: I bought a hard-cover collection of the original series either just before or just after the movie came out. I read it once and I saw the movie once. [I do frequently listed to the movie music, though; not the soundtrack, but the score.] What was “edgy” back in the ‘80s might not be so much now. If you haven’t read it be now, I’d say you needn’t bother.

WHOVIAN: This is like the term “Trekkie” (or, AFAIAC, “Trekker”). Me, I like the tem “Whooter” but it hasn’t really caught on.

HAUNTED HORROR: All of these Haunted Horror periodical comic book are slated to be collected in a Haunted Horror hardcover. [It was solicited for September 25 release; I don’t know if it’s been cancelled or is simply behind schedule.] Because you read all of those PS Artbooks collections, I officially give you a pass on this series, but this “pass” applies only to Cap! For the rest of you, if you’re looking for one representative non-EC pre-code horror comic, this one is the most fun.

TRUE BLOOD: I like the TV series (more than BtVS, truth be told), and the only reason I have two HC collections of the comics is because they were on the B&N clearance table and I had a coupon. The likenesses of the actors are very good, but the stories lack the pizazz of the TV show. I give you a pass on this one, too (and this pass applies to everyone).

More after lunch…

FF: I was under the impression that the direction of all of the Marvel Now! re-launches were of pre-determined duration. I don’t necessarily hold it against Matt Fraction that his FF/Fantastic Four will soon be coming to an end. I think he told the story he set out to tell. Now I hear he’ll be following up with an Inhumans series and I think that’s great. I love those characters… when they’re handled well… and I think Fraction’s the guy to do it.

HOWARD CHAYKIN: Satellite Sam is written by Matt Fraction (him again!?), who manages to avoid Chaykin’s usual excesses. I recommend it, but at this point you might want to wait for the trade.

PUNCTUATION: I’m kicking myself because I can’t think of the characters you’re referring to! My first thought was the Brat Pack’s Dr. Blasphemy, but his punctuation isn’t on his mask. Which characters are you thinking of?

Well, Dr. Blasphemy was one of them, so I was wrong to start with. After you post I got worried, so I checked on the next one on my list, and I was wrong there, too -- I was thinking of Kevin Smith's Onomatopoeia, and when I looked it up, he had some sort of bull's-eye design, not a punctuation mark. The third was the character whose face was an emoticon, I think in Welcome to Tranquillity, but I can't look it up because I can't remember his name.

So I'm 0-for-3. Don't kick yourself, let me kick myself instead!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Welcome!

No flame wars. No trolls. But a lot of really smart people.The Captain Comics Round Table tries to be the friendliest and most accurate comics website on the Internet.

SOME ESSENTIALS:

RULES OF THE ROUND TABLE

MODERATORS

SMILIES FOLDER

TIPS ON USING THE BOARD

FOLLOW US:

OUR COLUMNISTS:

Groups

© 2021   Captain Comics, board content ©2013 Andrew Smith   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service