Saw some pictures from the Nightmare on Elm Street re-make that's coming out. It's amusing that Jackie Earl Holliman that played Rorschach will be playing Freddy. A long time ago (like, twenty years ago), when I first heard noises about a "Watchmen" movie, one of the names tossed around to play Rorschach was none other than Robert Englund.

Views: 117

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

The Baron said:
Rich Lane said:
According to IMDB, Englund is 5'9".

Figserello said:
But maybe Englund isn't tall. Most modern actors aren't. Maybe I just thought he was big because he happened to be scaring the living bejappers out of me at the time...

OK, so he is on the short side, then.

Wait... 5'9" is "on the short side"?
There was Mel Brooks' "Dracula: Dead and Loving It" and the animated "Batman Vs Dracula". "Nosferatu" was an unsanctioned and unlicenced version of Dracula that was ordered destroyed. Some copies DID survive, bad for legality but lucky for film history!
Aren't Dracula and Sherlock Holmes the two most featured characters in film...period? I think Batman's huge success is due to him being the child of these two.
Doc Beechler said:
Aren't Dracula and Sherlock Holmes the two most featured characters in film...period? I think Batman's huge success is due to him being the child of these two.

"On the next Springer..."
Alan M. said:
The Baron said:
Rich Lane said:
According to IMDB, Englund is 5'9".

Figserello said:
But maybe Englund isn't tall. Most modern actors aren't. Maybe I just thought he was big because he happened to be scaring the living bejappers out of me at the time...

OK, so he is on the short side, then.

Wait... 5'9" is "on the short side"?

Anything under six foot tall qualifies as "short".
You're forgetting Mel Brooks in Dracula - Dead and Loving It A wise decision on your part...

I have had the pleasure of seeing Vampyr witha full orchestral accomaniment, and also Nosferatu. the Langella adaptation is actually the closest I've ever seen them get to the book - there was a Frankenstein adaptation at about the same time that I remember fondly.

The Baron said:
Well, it's funny - Lugosi last appeared as Dracula in Abbott and Costello Meet Frankenstein in 1948, so, in a way, there was only ten years between Lugosi and the first Hammer Dracula.

And, of course, there was the Frank Langella Dracula, which I've never seen, and Dracula 2000, which I'd rather I hadn't seen, and the George Hamilton Dracula of Love At First Bite, and the Dracula of Van Helsing, and I'm probably forgetting a bunch.
You also left out Gary Oldman's turn as Dracula.
Chris Fluit said:
You also left out Gary Oldman's turn as Dracula.

Well, Doc Photo had mentioned the Coppola version.
Oops.
My favorite Dracula was Louis Jourdan in the BBC version.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Welcome!

No flame wars. No trolls. But a lot of really smart people.The Captain Comics Round Table tries to be the friendliest and most accurate comics website on the Internet.

SOME ESSENTIALS:

RULES OF THE ROUND TABLE

MODERATORS

SMILIES FOLDER

TIPS ON USING THE BOARD

FOLLOW US:

OUR COLUMNISTS:

Groups

© 2020   Captain Comics, board content ©2013 Andrew Smith   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service