He's being replaced by a character who, at least by the illustration, appears to be either Asian or of Asian descent.

I'll be honest, I never was that into the character, so that if they replace him, it won't bother me.  However, are there hardcore Randoholics here who are crushed by this news?

You need to be a member of Captain Comics to add comments!

Join Captain Comics

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• The original Iron Fist was heroically beaten to death in his sleep (but he got better). 

• This I had not heard about.

Jeff of Earth-J said:

The original Iron Fist was heroically beaten to death in his sleep (but he got better). 

• Would I lie?

xvZ5sdwQn9RgfjK5rvuhnZo--7Fx7n9_YmGItR4ogk5skCsx3PvDfr35_MfX2MfW2aHDnXSsIyhd=s1600?profile=RESIZE_710x

• They said the same thing about Hal Jordan, and there was no hue and cry to bring him back, right?

My cynical side says to me that this will be undone--either the new character will be unpopular and wind up in limbo, or something will happen that necessitates Danny taking over the role again. 

• Maybe they'll double-down and have it be Shang-Chi!

• I'm not sure that Danny Rand has the same kind of fanbase that Hal Jordan does (or did back in the day, at least) . I guess we'll see.

Randy Jackson said:

They said the same thing about Hal Jordan, and there was no hue and cry to bring him back, right?

My cynical side says to me that this will be undone--either the new character will be unpopular and wind up in limbo, or something will happen that necessitates Danny taking over the role again. 

• I don't know about Hal Jordan but they did it with Ray Palmer.

06001296992.1.jpg?profile=RESIZE_710x

• I've always liked Danny Rand, but I wouldn't say I'm crushed by this news.

Remember they had a new Power Man a few years ago? Is he still around?

• I suspect that Marvel did this because the notion of a white guy who steps into another culture and becomes a hero in that culture -- like Iron Fist, Firehair, Scalphunter, Karate Kid, to name a few -- might have been something they could get away with back in the day, but looks increasingly ugly in current times.

Worse, for some of these types of characters, there's no fixing them. (Here's looking at you, Tarzan. I recall Disney's animated Tarzan that was set in an Africa with no Africans in it.)

Then again, Avatar was a big hit, so what do I know? 

• Maybe they'll double-down and have it be Shang-Chi!

I doubt it. Shang-Chi made them a lot of money. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Then again, Avatar was a big hit, so what do I know? 

Without rewatching it, I recall that the white guy in question just joined the blue guys group without leading it, and looked like them when he did it. All the other Earthmen, white and otherwise, were scumbag murdering mercenaries.

This reply was deleted.