Replies

• Ron, when you posted this, there was some sort of glitch, and your post was duplicated over 120 times.  Several mods spent a fair deal of time deleting today, but we got our board back!

Maybe Ziggy Stardust played a cosmic jest on us?

• I was never a fan of David Bowie. I didn’t even by my first David Bowie disc until after William Shatner covered on of his songs. But over the weekend I bought a two-disc set (80 minutes each) of music that influenced David Bowie. (It was released 2006; the store displayed it to capitalize on his death, no doubt, but it wasn’t a quickie release for the same reason.) It really is quite an incredible collection, featuring original versions of certain songs cover later by artists diverse as Elvis Presley, The Who and The Doors.

• The joke was on me. Ning apparently decided I was spamming and disabled my account. I had to make a new one. They said they'll look into whether disabling it was an error, but I never heard back from them. I assure everyone I have no idea why it made all those posts.

John Dunbar (the mod of maple) said:

Ron, when you posted this, there was some sort of glitch, and your post was duplicated over 120 times.  Several mods spent a fair deal of time deleting today, but we got our board back!

Maybe Ziggy Stardust played a cosmic jest on us?

• Welcome back, Ron. I'm glad that weird computer error didn't knock you out for good.

• The only thing I can think of is my cat was sleeping on my keyboard and might have hit some keys. He's turned the screen upside and sideways several times.

• My ferret's done the same to me. Not multiple posts, but reorienting my laptop screen.

• He's also turned on Microsoft Narrator, a feature I didn't even know my computer had until it started talking to me.

• Yeah, Ron, welcome back. When I saw the countless posts I figured Ning had a problem and just bailed for the day. Glad it got straightened out.

This reply was deleted.