Replies

• Nice find, Hoy! I don't remember seeing that when I read (although it's been quite a while and I may have just moved along). It's too bad he didn't team up with Fury, it might've helped him in his adventures later on.

-- MSA

• Here's a cameo from Bob (and Bing and Bogie & Bacall) from All Star Comics #44 (Ja'49)! Too bad Bing never showed up in Bob's book!

1708012500?profile=RESIZE_710x

• Bing showing up in Bob's book, even under another name or varied likeness, would've been hilarious. It's too bad they didn't do that.

The Jerry Lewis comic adapted some of his movies, in which he played other characters, not "Jerry." That made them strange adventures in the middle of a title about Jerry, but I'm sure readers figured it out.

I don't know whose choice it was not to do that with the Bob book. It could be that Bob didn't control his own movies like Jerry did. But some adventures of Bob and "Bing" on the road would've been cool.

-- MSA

• As far as I can tell and I'm certainly no expert, no other celebrity appeared with Bob in his book.

• I've always thought that, while the Earth-2 Bob Hope most likely made movies with his usual (Earth-Prime) co-stars, the Earth-1 Bob's movies mostly co-starred actors exclusive to Earth-1.  Certainly, he must have made at least a few movies with actress Rita Farr, to explain why he and Super-Hip  (or at least Bob's ward, Tad was his plus one, and Super-Hip couldn't help but make an appearance) were invited to the wedding of Elasti-girl & Mento.

This reply was deleted.