from this link:

Meyer particularly highlighted that DC Comics characters are key parts of Warner's future, mentioning a July 20, 2012 release date for the latest "Batman" film by Christopher Nolan and a holiday season 2012 "Superman" film. 

You need to be a member of Captain Comics to add comments!

Join Captain Comics

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I wonder if they're still planning to scrap the Superman Returns continuity?
  • KSwolf said:
    I wonder if they're still planning to scrap the Superman Returns continuity?

I'd be surprised if they don't.

"Date rape amnesia" and illegitimate children. What were they thinking?
  • Gosh, I hope so, KSwolf. I know that Superman Returns has its fan but I'm certainly not one of them.
  • DC comics has over 75 years of continuity, hundreds (if not thousands) of amazing characters, and yet all they can do movie-wise is make Superman and Batman and Superman and Batman and Superman and Batman and Superman and Batman and Superman and Batman and Superman and Batman and Superman and Batman and Superman and Batman and Superman and Batman and Superman and Batman and Superman and Batman and Superman and Batman and Superman and Batman and Superman and Batman and Superman and Batman and Superman and Batman and Superman and Batman and Superman and Batman and Superman and Batman and Superman and Batman and Superman and Batman and Superman and Batman and Superman and Batman and Superman and Batman and Superman and Batman...

Seriously, I'm over it.
  • I feel almost the same way, but I think about the 100s of superman and batman comic stories they've told, and yet already the few movies about both characters we've had since Batman 1989 are repeating stuff all over the shop.

Mind you - a movie starring "Superman and Batman"

Drool!
  • Well, the first 20-25 minutes of Superman Returns is good. So good, its worth owning the DVD. After that ... not so much.
  • I liked Superman Returns better than any of the other Superman flicks, but that's not saying much.
  • Green Lantern is coming and if they EVER find an actress capable of it, Wonder Woman as well.

True "Superman Returns" is a flawed movie. Superman wouldn't leave Earth, Superman wouldn't leave Lois and he would have known she was pregnant, they both looked too young to have the history between them and the fact that Superman and Clark return the same day after being gone for the same length of time!!!! Investigative journalism at its finest!
  • I liked the idea of Superman Returns better than the execution.

Director Bryan Singer mentioned in some interview that it was the movie he had to make in order to be able to make the movie he wanted to make. I think we all would have been better served if he had made the movie he wanted to make.
  • Philip Portelli said:
    Green Lantern is coming and if they EVER find an actress capable of it, Wonder Woman as well.

True "Superman Returns" is a flawed movie. Superman wouldn't leave Earth, Superman wouldn't leave Lois and he would have known she was pregnant, they both looked too young to have the history between them and the fact that Superman and Clark return the same day after being gone for the same length of time!!!! Investigative journalism at its finest!

Y'know what I would like to see? A Superman movie WITHOUT Lex Luthor as the villain! Even Superman III has Robert Vaughn playing Luthor in all but name because Gene Hackman was unwilling and unavailable.
This reply was deleted.