Went to my LCS which is not so local to pick up this month's books. I read DCU: Legacies #4 and saw some obvious changes from the Post Crisis History of the DC Universe and the timeline from Zero Hour.

1) Cameo of Wonder Woman teaming with Wonder Girl taking on the Cheetah (the original Priscilla Rich, not the Post Crisis Barbara Minerva). While that's sweet, WW and WG didn't have that kind of partnership, not even in the Silver Age. Granted my WW collection is by no means complete, the ONLY time I can recall them together is from Adventure Comics # 461 (F'79) where they fought loser JLA villain Head-Mastermind.

But that's better than having a Wonder Girl with no inspiration, yet looking like a Wonder Woman yet to come. Maybe they will go back to her original origin as well!

2) Full page of super-villains have them looking very Silver Age except for Luthor and the Atomic Skull who are Post Crisis.

3) No Black Canary in the JLA, only her mother in the JSA.

4) Doom Patrol now come after JLA debuts instead of five years prior as per ZH. Their sacrifice is still poignant, dramatic and inspiring.

5) Wow, the first double Flash meeting is now so pedestrian. No dimensional travel, no city-trapped-in-statis-field. Just running into each other. The stuff of legends.

6) Johnny Thunder in a snazzy hat and trenchcoat. thought it was the Sandman.

7) the JLA can't battle the Wizard, the Icicle or the Fiddler? Hello, they defeated Felix Faust! Batman and the Flash already fought Mister Freeze and Captain Cold! Man, that Fiddler must be tough! Good thing they didn't bring out the Sportsmaster, too!

8) Wonder if they'll bring up the Katar Hol Hawkman?

9) Back-up: negates the wartime deaths of the Losers and Mlle. Marie. Will there be a "son of Rock" explainations for the various Post WWII Rock appearances? 

You need to be a member of Captain Comics to add comments!

Join Captain Comics

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Yeah, that Flash meeting was underwhelming. I figure: It didn't happen like that, but because of all the intervening Crises, etc., that's how people remember it.
  • Yeah, it's just the cover of Flash #123 played out as their first encounter.
  • Regarding Wonder Woman / Wonder Girl team-ups, after last month's Batman/Superman/JLA discussion, I have chosen to interpret the flashback panels in this series as symbolic rather than literal. My favorite part of issue #4 was the "death of Sgt. Rock" story finally made canon. I wouldn't worry too much about any post-WWII Rock appearances; after Legacies #4, we may now all safely consider them out of continuity.
  • Until the next reboot!
  • Jeff of Earth-J said:
    Regarding Wonder Woman / Wonder Girl team-ups, after last month's Batman/Superman/JLA discussion, I have chosen to interpret the flashback panels in this series as symbolic rather than literal. My favorite part of issue #4 was the "death of Sgt. Rock" story finally made canon. I wouldn't worry too much about any post-WWII Rock appearances; after Legacies #4, we may now all safely consider them out of continuity.

Really? I'll have to look at it again, I thought it was suggesting that he had survived the work, but for some reason was remaining incognito.
  • No, it was suggesting that (SPOILER ALERT) that Mlle. or Madame Marie's son was fathered by Sgt. Rock. But does that mean he was raised in France?
  • My impression was the same as Jeff's and Phillip's -- that Frank had a son with Mlle. Marie.
  • There was a Frank Rock in President Luthor's Cabinet.
  • Jeff of Earth-J said:
    There was a Frank Rock in President Luthor's Cabinet.

Also Rock was in charge of the Suicide Squad in the Giffen revival, from around the same time. (Can't remember -- was he revealed to be an impostor, though?)
  • Well, a thirty-year old in 1976 Frank Rock, Jr would be sixty in 2006 so he could be the Rock in both examples. Maybe you could stretch it to include his B&B appearances.

And not to open old wounds, but Mlle. Marie was murdered after the war but not before having a daughter, Julia, with (wait for it).....
    ALFRED THE BUTLER! That was a kick to the head, even to my Earth-One mentality!
This reply was deleted.