Doctor Who Reactions: "Fugitive of the Judoon" (SPOILERS)

1. "A platoon of Judoon. Near the Moon."
  2. I find Graham's "But they're police" reaction when he's that the Judoon might kill someone.
  3. "Local Earth Law...12."
  4. I'm not the biggest Captain Jack fan, but I enjoyed his interactions with the Fam.
  5. "Khan and Sinclair with the key questions."
  6. "Prepare Final Warning Missile". Strax would love these guys.
  7. "Beware the Lone Cyberman. Don't give it what it wants."  
  8. "You don't know what  Cybermen is yet, do you?"  I call BS on this.  The Cybermen have invaded the Earth on a planet-wide scale at least four times in the last fifty years.
  9. "Never been a fan of growing up."
  10. So, Ruth is the Doctor, or a Doctor, anyhow. 
  11. "Is there even a word for how dumb you are?"  "'Doctor'?"
  12. If Time Lords from the past can show up, then the destruction of Gallifrey means nothing.
  13. Cliffhanger: Multiple alerts across three continents!
  14. Afterthought:  What was Lee thinking, buying a cake form a guy he knew hated him?

Overall:  I quite liked this episode overall. Interesting seeing Thirteen off-balance and uncertain.  I'm assuming that Ruth is meant to be a pre-Hartnell Doctor, an idea that I've never liked, but which has been floating around fandom for decades.

Views: 117

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

"It is fun trying to make sense out of it all, though."

Shall we go for another spin? Okay, Ruth (the Fugitive) had her memories restored in this episode, but which memories? "PrHD" memories? Or "B2&3D" (between 2nd and 3rd Doctor) memories? I'm going to assume that she is the B2&3D, not the PrHD. But, in either case, if she had her memories restored, why didn't the Third Doctor have them? (That's going to have to be accounted for.) Also, if she is the B2&3D, what didn't she remember the sonic screwdriver (first used by the 2nd Doctor)?

Some of these questions might be answered in the final episode of "Flux" this weekend. I'll continue this line of thought later in "The Timeless Children." (I can't do it here in case someone in the future is watching these episodes and reading these posts in order.) 

I still will tend to go with the explanation as given.  I may change my mind if/when I ever get to see the Flux episodes.

I'm not sure what you mean by "the explanation as given"...?

The explanation as given inn this episode.

Jeff of Earth-J said:

I'm not sure what you mean by "the explanation as given"...?

I'm still confused. This episode doesn't really explain anything... only that "Ruth" is a previous Doctor. It doesn't really establish at which point in the sequence she falls. Or am I missing something? 

You're right.  I should have said this episode and "The Timeless Children".

Jeff of Earth-J said:

I'm still confused. This episode doesn't really explain anything... only that "Ruth" is a previous Doctor. It doesn't really establish at which point in the sequence she falls. Or am I missing something? 

Okay, I'll be moving on to "The Timeless Children" shortly.

We are definitely going to have to add "all rainbows and trousers that don't reach" to the "old man white hair, Beatles haircut, frilly shirt, long scarf big eyes, cricket boy, Joseph and his amazing Technicolor dream coat, Lord Byron" progression. I might also add "leather jacket, sand shoes, bow tie" and "dark glasses" to the mix.

EDIT: Changed "fez" to "bow tie." 

I could wish that Terrance Dicks had lived to write novelizations of the new series. No one ever wrote Who novelizations better than he did.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Welcome!

No flame wars. No trolls. But a lot of really smart people.The Captain Comics Round Table tries to be the friendliest and most accurate comics website on the Internet.

SOME ESSENTIALS:

RULES OF THE ROUND TABLE

MODERATORS

SMILIES FOLDER

TIPS ON USING THE BOARD

FOLLOW US:

OUR COLUMNISTS:

Groups

© 2022   Captain Comics, board content ©2013 Andrew Smith   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service