You ARE all set for Saturday's premier, right?

Views: 423

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I think it won't be in every episode but I do think it was a call back to the end of last season and a reminder that Moffat is building up to fields of pelanor and such.

I liked the ep, and feel like most of Moffat's episodes that I will need to watch it a few more times. I loved how Matt Smith's Doctor has matured and changed. There is greater seriousness to him. He like the Ponds has been scared and changed by Demon's Run, but not so much that he isn't recognizable.

I am very curious about where things are going to go from here.

We loved it.  Dalek zombies?!  Brilliant.  The only thing better would be dinosaurs on a spaceship with Ron Weasley's father and Filtch! 

What? 

Next week?!

This was a great season opener.  I love a script that actually demands rewatching for full effect.  The Doctor's advice to Amy at the Parliament of Daleks ("Make them remember you.") has a whole new resonance the second time through. 

Without spoiling anything for those who haven't watched it yet, the Big Surprise (and, seriously, I am amazed that Moffat managed to keep it under wraps) gives me all sorts of good feelings about what's coming.

I will say this -- I don't think anyone's even trying to make sense of the Dalek timeline anymore.  As far as I can remember, the patients in the Intensive Care Ward shouldn't even be there ... should they?

MIT is working on a map of the lives of the Daleks, the Doctor, and River Song right now...or they should be. The problem is...it's in five dimensions.

I keep meaning to mention this ...

The other day, Action Lad saw that "Dinosaurs on a Spaceship" was saved on TiVo, and asked me to not delete it until he had a chance to watch it. 

Then, out of the blue, he asked "Did Silurians build the spaceship?"  (He knows about Silurians because he watched the "Best of Doctor Who Monsters" special that BBCAmerica ran a couple of weeks ago.)

Me:  Actually, yes.  What made you guess that?

A.L.  Well, Silurians are sort of reptiles, and so are dinosaurs, so I thought maybe the Silurians would put dinosaurs on spaceships.

That's my boy!

Tracy pointed out that Rory's dad is played by the same guy who played the Weazly's dad in Harry Potter.

And Solomon is Filch.

On Saturday night, I watched "A Town Called Mercy" and I kept thinking "I really like this guy playing the sheriff.  Good voice.  I wonder if I've ever seen him before?"

On Sunday night, I re-watched it with The Lovely and Talented, and about 10 minutes in, she says "Is that the guy from Farscape?"

I spent my usual hour watching the latest episode of Doctor Who, ‘A Town Called Mercy’ on Saturday night & I have to say that I really enjoyed the show. I will admit that I have not been a big supporter of Matt Smith but this new season is changing that. The new stories have been more serious while still retaining a bit of fun. It would seem from the last two episodes we do have a bit of whimsy in that the title credits for the last episode, ‘Dinosaurs on a Spaceship’ had the Doctor Who logo as green and scaly & this episode, taking place in the old west (of Italy, in actuality, I was informed) was done with a sandy brown tiered effect to represent the western mesas I would guess.

THAT being said, there was a very familiar theme to this story. Without giving too much away, The Doctor meets up with a war criminal & is all set to chuck him to his death until his companion, Amy, stops him. Didn’t I see almost the same thing in ‘Dalek’ with The Ninth Doctor ready to kill the Dalek until his companion, Rose, stopped him. In both cases, it would seem that The Doctor is dealing with his own guilt from his actions in the Time War or maybe I am the only one reading this in to the newer story?

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Welcome!

No flame wars. No trolls. But a lot of really smart people.The Captain Comics Round Table tries to be the friendliest and most accurate comics website on the Internet.

SOME ESSENTIALS:

RULES OF THE ROUND TABLE

MODERATORS

SMILIES FOLDER

TIPS ON USING THE BOARD

FOLLOW US:

OUR COLUMNISTS:

Groups

© 2021   Captain Comics, board content ©2013 Andrew Smith   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service