Edward Woodward

Passed away over the weekend - I remember him best as Robert McCall, the Equalizer, but he was also quite amusing in Hot Fuzz, and brilliant in Breaker Morant

You need to be a member of Captain Comics to add comments!

Join Captain Comics

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Kent, did you get a Shadow vibe off The Equalizer? I sure did. Woodward was great in that show.
  • I can see that - all the agents, all the back-pocket solutions. I adored that show, and still have the original Stewart Copeland soundtrack in my car CD player
  • If I recall correctly, the show ran on the Sleuth Channel when that channel first started, and my wife and I watched it every day from there.
  • I never watched The Equalizer. I remember him most for his earlier lead role in Callan, which made him a star in Britain. He played a spy with a conscience working for a secret agency that does really dirty jobs.
  • He is also my favorite "Ghost of Christmas Present" in A Christmas Carol
  • I liked The Equalizer. I even liked the Cracked parody, right from the first panel in which the character gave his name: "Rubbout McKill."
  • No shout out for The Wicker Man?

That's a great, eccentric, original horror movie.

Don't think it made much money when it was released, but it was the first thing mentioned in any news report I've seen/heard of Woodward's death.
  • I didn't want anyone to think I meant the one with Nicholas Cage.
This reply was deleted.