Fantastic Four

Unless I'm missing it (and, if I am, some moderator-type should feel free to move my comment there), the good folks at Captain Comic's have avoided the firestorm that has hit certain places because Michael B.Jordan has been cast as Johnny Storm in the forthcoming FF film. I'm fine with the choice-- the movies are their own entity-- but I'm annoyed that they've stated Sue and Johnny will not be siblings. I think that decision removes an essential part of the FF's squabbling family dynamic.

Anyone else?

You need to be a member of Captain Comics to add comments!

Join Captain Comics

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• There's going to be another film? Nor do I have any idea who Jordan is. Man I'm out of touch. This winter has made me feel like I'm living in the Arctic. Still taking away the Johnny/Sue younger brother/older sister dynamic doesn't seem like a good idea to me.

• What , in a sense , " went wrong " with the earlier 2 Fox Jessica Alba , etc. ,FF films that there was not a third in the series ???

(The Spidey movie series was rebooted - after a full trilogy , and after the idea of " Let's get cheaper , newer , stars and director " had no doubt flashed above Sony's bigwigs' heads .)

I saw the comment made that the 2 earlier FFs " were handled more like superhero films used to be " - I sort of know what it meant by that , having seen both of them (1 theatrically , 1 on TV) , but...

• Given that the FF is a family, this means this isn't the FF. If they want to say Johnny's adopted, okay then, but otherwise I don't see the point.
  • I liked both FF films but they were never really great in my opinion.  I think a combination of the casting and the script.  Maybe they've decided that the next FF movie should be like the Avengers.

• This was my thinking. They cast the Torch first, and I thought, okay, so this version of Johnny and Sue will be African-American. Then they cast a Caucasian Sue, so I wondered if they would be adopted siblings, or something like that. Apparently not. It really seems to remove an integral part of the mix if they're just fellow astronauts.

Randy Jackson said:

Given that the FF is a family, this means this isn't the FF. If they want to say Johnny's adopted, okay then, but otherwise I don't see the point.
  • Jordan was in Josh Trank's previous superpowers film, Chronicle. Kate Mara (Sue) has been burning up the screen in the Netflix series House of Cards. Miles Teller (Reed) just had his 27th birthday. Jamie Bell (Ben) is going to be 28 next week.

•   Well I hope they don't make Johnny some sort of rival love interest.

• Have the filmmakers said Johnny and Sue aren't going to be brother and sister in this movie?
  • Well, dang it all, I am certain I saw a statement that they would not be related, but I cannot find that statement anywhere. I guess we wait and see.

ClarkKent_DC said:

Have the filmmakers said Johnny and Sue aren't going to be brother and sister in this movie?
  • According to this website rights will revert to Marvel Studios if they don't start filming the FF film "by early fall 2014."

This reply was deleted.