So, I wasn't going to buy this.  But I like big summer stories and I'm not buying Fear Itself...and I like Johns and Kubert.  So...

S

P

O

I

L

E

R

S

P

A

C

E

I like a lot about this first issue...but the big thing that sucked me in...Bruce Wayne died as a child on this world and Thomas, his father, has become Batman.  That's interesting...and he is a much more Golden Age-type killer Batman.

I like that Cyborg is the Superman of this world. 

Having the Earth torn apart by an Atlantis/Themyscira war is interesting...sorry Europe.  :(

The splitting of Captain Marvel's, here Captain Thunder, powers among six kids is a cool idea.

I wonder if the Outsider is Alfred?

I think I'll buy the main series along with the Aquaman, Wonder Woman, Batman, Superman/Lois, and Green Lantern tie-ins.  And, maybe, the Deadman/Flying Graysons one if the art is as cool as the covers.

Views: 299

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

ISSUE #5: I read this comic on Friday, and today, Monday, I’ve already forgotten what it was I was going to say about it. The only difference I can see between this series and a standard “Elseworlds” is that a character from the actual DCU is involved. It doesn’t even do all that great of a job setting up the “New 52” (which I thought was the whole point; I may be wrong). In retrospect, I’m sorry I bought it (although I’m glad I didn’t buy any of the spin-offs).

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Welcome!

No flame wars. No trolls. But a lot of really smart people.The Captain Comics Round Table tries to be the friendliest and most accurate comics website on the Internet.

SOME ESSENTIALS:

RULES OF THE ROUND TABLE

MODERATORS

SMILIES FOLDER

TIPS ON USING THE BOARD

FOLLOW US:

OUR COLUMNISTS:

Groups

© 2021   Captain Comics, board content ©2013 Andrew Smith   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service