Replies

• In theory it should mean Johns writes fewer comics.  Not a bad thing.  :-)

• If it goes the same way as previous Aquaman series go, Johns' run will be innovative, exciting and sell well. Then he'll leave the book, someone else will take it in a "new direction" and it will get cancelled. And Aquaman will be killed off......again!

But I'll still get it!

• Ooops I misread the opening post.  I thought Johns was going to write an Aquaman TV series

So he's still writing comics.

• So, all of Atlantis will die in an extremely bloody and gratuitous fashion, and Aquaman will become a brooding, avenging King?

Pass.  If you're gonna show me something gratuitous, I'd much rather see nudity.  I've had more than enough of Geoff "have we killed that character in the most bloody way possible" Johns.

• You probably won't see a naked sea king.  Even Namor's wearing more clothes these days.

Randy Jackson said:

Pass.  If you're gonna show me something gratuitous, I'd much rather see nudity.

• I like Geoff Johns. I don't remember anything from the current Flash run being violent or gratuitous or his relaunch of JSA in 2006. Granted his Green Lantern run gets bloody at times. Oh his Booster Gold series was AWESOME, as well. I'm not an Aquaman fan persay but I'd give a series by Johns a chance. I wasn't a Flash fan and love the Flash series, I'm sorry it's getting canceled.
  • I didn't know it was time for a new Aquaman series. I expect the announcement of a Dr. Strange ongoing in 3...2...1...
  • I'm excited. I've been hoping for a Geoff Johns Aquaman or Martian Manhunter series for years (ever since he left Hawkman). I was glad when Johns got the chance to write them both for Brightest Day and I figured that was as close as we'd come to an actual Johns Aquaman title. I'm glad I was wrong.

If it goes the same way as previous Aquaman series go, Johns' run will be innovative, exciting and sell well. Then he'll leave the book, someone else will take it in a "new direction" and it will get cancelled. And Aquaman will be killed off......again!

That's pretty close to what happened with Johns' Hawkman title.
  • Jason Marconnet said:
    I wasn't a Flash fan and love the Flash series, I'm sorry it's getting canceled.

I don't think Flash is being canceled. Aquaman is DC and Johns' replacement for Brightest Day, which ends soon.

"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read." -Groucho Marx

Check out the Secret Headquarters (my store) website! Comics and Games for Everyone!

I used to listen to WOXY.com; It was the future of rock-n-roll! RIP WOXY

• Apparently, a blog post at DC has announced that "Issue 12 will be the final issue of THE FLASH", but it's currently a top ten title, so it's unlikely the series is really getting cancelled. The statement could mean that the name will be changed, or that DC will start a new volume.

If I might be allowed to guess, perhaps he'll be getting a co-star, after the model of Green Lantern/Green Arrow. I could see DC bringing its other Flashes into the title, assuming they're not already in there, but I don't know what it could change the title to to reflect it (Flash Family doesn't work for me).

This reply was deleted.