Get 101 digital Superman issues for 99 cents each in 48-hour sale

Views: 209

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I'm planning to get Red Son & Secret Origin this way.

And don't forget, there are a handful of 1970s issues from each of the six Retroactive titles that are 99 cents apiece, too!

I've taken advantage of these 99 cent deals on a regular basis.  I like that they include a few of the Golden Age books in the mix.  I could never afford a copy of Action Comics #1 but for 99 cents I can "own" the digital version.

I picked up the GA issues as well as Secret Orign and Birthright.

I bought the three oldest Action Comics that are being offered. I'm still reading my way through the Golden Age Wonder Woman stories I bought when they had her sale recently so it'll be a bit before I get to read these Superman stories. The downside of the Golden Age reprints is that they only include the character being featured. 99c is still a heckuva bargain even for that, though.

Cavaliere (moderator) said:
I bought the three oldest Action Comics that are being offered. I'm still reading my way through the Golden Age Wonder Woman stories I bought when they had her sale recently so it'll be a bit before I get to read these Superman stories. The downside of the Golden Age reprints is that they only include the character being featured. 99c is still a heckuva bargain even for that, though.
...You're partially answering my question !
  So , reprints of comic books bought here - are modern-era ones all 36 ( Interior plus cover . ) pages ???
  Atomic , Golden ones are NOT " 52 " or " 68 " pages ???
  Are Prestiege Format ( Kingdom Come ) ones all interior pages plus the front and back AND inside ( which were often blank on PFs , IIRC . ) covers ???
It depends on the title, ED. Of the Golden Age issues I bought for Wonder Woman, Sensation Comics and All Star Comics have just the Wonder Woman stories from those issues. In Sensation Comics, the stories from 2-3, 4-5, 6-7, and 8-9 are bundled together so there was still nearly 30 pages for the 99c. In her own title, Wonder Woman, it's the full issues of about 50 pages each. Quite the bargain for 99c! Even if it is only 13 pages of story for 99c like the issues of Action Comics I bought Saturday, it's still a good deal. What's a shame in my opinion is that I'm missing out on the other stories in those issues. I'd rather like to read them all.
Oh, and I can't answer your Kingdom Come question since I'm not buying those digitally. I see no reason to purchase again something that I already have in a different format.
...Thank you !!
The current sale is JMS's Rising Stars. I already have all the issues but it is well worth buying if you don't.

I find it interesting that DC apparently finds that the "normal people " :-) still want S/B even if the "continuity issues/rebooting" has it discontinued now! :-):-):-)

Maybe this is the wrong post:-( I thought that therewas a post about all the ishes of the,recently discontinued because of New 52,Superman/Batman title.

Pearly?

There is indeed a fine S/B thread, started by your good self, Papa.

Stories are stories.  My two-year-old has several different versions of Goldilocks and Red Riding Hood that I read to her.  She doesn't have a problem processing that the events and characters are slightly different in each version.

S/B is probably a better sampler for the potential passing i-Padder than most of DC's other mainstream comics since Infinite Crisis.  Those stories were very self-contained and not too continuity-dependent.  At least with Superman/Batman, readers weren't reading along with the understanding that events were going somewhere long-term.  S/B was just a series of self-contained stories.

Anyone following Superboy or Supergirl, for instance, would have been buying into an ongoing story that just ... stopped at an arbitary point.  Both have been praised in recent years, but their stock would now be somewhat devalued for being stories that go nowhere.

And 'normal' people aren't really interested in reboots and new universes and all that jazz.  They would just expect Superman stories without angsting about which version with what history we got.  The Seinfeld Superman Credit Card ads used a version from 20 years before, and no-one had a problem with it.

(Superman-Slash-Batman.  Slash fiction.  An in-joke, I wonder?)

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Welcome!

No flame wars. No trolls. But a lot of really smart people.The Captain Comics Round Table tries to be the friendliest and most accurate comics website on the Internet.

SOME ESSENTIALS:

RULES OF THE ROUND TABLE

MODERATORS

SMILIES FOLDER

TIPS ON USING THE BOARD

FOLLOW US:

OUR COLUMNISTS:

Groups

© 2021   Captain Comics, board content ©2013 Andrew Smith   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service