1. How is the Coronavirus situation where you live? What's closed down? Have you gone out much? Are you (Oh, what's the trendy term now " Self-distancing "?) staying inside as a precaution or actually infected or is anyone else you know? I hope, if so, you're well. Let's...well, exchange comments.
  2.   I am now in Portland, Oregon. The Govenor, and then, locally, Portland declared a state of emergency. I saw the comment made that Oregon was the furthest behind on dealing with CV of the 3 West Coast states.
  3.   I went out yesterday ( Sun.), I am ill and had sleep to make up to-day (Mon.) and ended up not going out - I may go out across the street to a all-nite grocery tonite-early Tues. I have not heard of a regular medical appointment Tues. being cancelled.

Views: 3508

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Tracy and I just got back from our second jab. (Our appointment was three days earlier than expected.) If anything, the operation was running even more efficiently. When we got there, there were again at least 100 people ahead of us, but the crew were handling the queue differently. Our appointment slot was between 2 and 4P, we got there at 1:50, were seated in the waiting area by 2:00, and done by 2:10. This time I didn't feel mine at all. Feels good to have that behind us. 

Fantastic -- glad to hear it!

We got word this week, that we are now working from home through Labor Day now.

My wife Jeanine and I got our first Moderna doses yesterday. The second will be on March 12th.

I'm getting my first dose on Tuesday.

My wife had her first vaccination at the end of January, I got mine a couple of hours ago.  For both of us, it was the Pfizer vaccine.  We're in the UK, where the government has decided to prioritise offering everyone the first injection as soon as possible.  As a result, the target is to give the second injection twelve weeks after the first, which means that we can probably expect our second doses toward the end of April, and early to mid May.

So far, I've experienced no noticeable side-effects from the injection.  I'm very happy to have received it!

My wife and I got our second doses (Moderna) on Saturday, and man, it hit us like a wrecking ball.

We had the first shot last month, with no noticeable side effects. Our arms were a little sore, which is nothing to be surprised about.

But the second dose was different. For 24 hours we were fine, and then POW! high fevers (101-102), joint ache, fatigue, headache, the works. It lasted about 24 hours, too. I called in sick the next day (first time ever on my new job), but my wife is tougher and soldiered through. Both of us were pretty miserable.

Having said that, whatever discomfort we experienced beats the heck out of death or lifelong disability from COVID. And what a relief to be finally vaccinated. In a couple of weeks we're going to celebrate with a trip to a bar (it's entirely outside, with social distancing and masks) for the first time since March 13 of last year.

One of my friends also had the same reactions to the second dose of the Moderna vaccine. I lucked out. On Saturday I got my second dose of the Pfizer vaccine and had no problems. Everyone should get the first vaccine they have access to. Glad you both are immunized. The CDC (the one that can be trusted) says we are considered completely immunized two weeks after the last shot (or the only shot with J&J) and can get together indoors with others* who are also completely immunized without masks or distancing. I have plans to do that the end of the month.

* But everyone present has to be completely immunized.

My wife and I had relatively mild reactions to the 2nd Moderna dose. About 24 hours after we both had sore arms and a mild headache, but that was it. After the two week wait is up I plan to finally attend the local jazz club, which has been operating under health guidelines for several months.

Tracy had a reaction to the second Moderna dose, but I was fine.

We've all got our doses. My wife and I had the Pfizer shot; our son got Moderna.

No issues with me. I barely felt the first shot, and I didn't even feel the second one. Even though the guy who jabbed me made a point of holding the needle just so, telling me he needed to make sure it left a little pucker on my skin, the better for him to know exactly where to place a Band-Aid over it. (One upside: Getting the second shot took me to a part of town I don't frequent that often, which allowed me to drop in at a comics shop I haven't been to in more than year and stock up.)

My wife said her arm was sore with the second shot and she was tired for a couple days afterward. My son reports nothing, but he's ready for us to start hanging around each other without masks.

I got to hug my mom this week! We drove to Atlanta to adopt her Yorkshire Terrier Sonny, which we had promised to do whenever it was necessary. My mom is doing alright, but she's begun having trouble exercising him, and thought the time had come. I'm mainly sorry that she is losing him as a companion. It's an adventure for us: we haven't had a dog (or any other pet) for several years.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Welcome!

No flame wars. No trolls. But a lot of really smart people.The Captain Comics Round Table tries to be the friendliest and most accurate comics website on the Internet.

SOME ESSENTIALS:

RULES OF THE ROUND TABLE

MODERATORS

SMILIES FOLDER

TIPS ON USING THE BOARD

FOLLOW US:

OUR COLUMNISTS:

Groups

© 2021   Captain Comics, board content ©2013 Andrew Smith   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service