Check it out if you want to. It's the monthly e-newsletter for Planned Parenthood Greater Memphis Region. I had to figure out how to put the software to work all by myself, because no one else I work with has a clue and the on-line training is worthless. But I enjoyed writing and designing it. And every two weeks, they give me a paycheck, too. I think it's a pretty good deal.

You need to be a member of Captain Comics to add comments!

Join Captain Comics

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Here's the link:
  • Congratulations! I have to meet with my district's superintendent on Wednesday because they want me to help them set it up so the newsletter sent out to all households in the area can be done electronically. What software are you using?
  • It's this software called "Get Active" which is owned by some company called Convio. It's software that my employer had already contracted for when I was hired. So, it was like, we're paying for it, I've got to use it. I would really prefer to use "Constant Contact," which is much more user-friendly, has a bunch of templates you can use, and it's also very affordable. But we're kind of locked into this other software that we're paying for, so my boss wouldn't want to pay for something else, even if it was cheap. I did a newsletter with Constant Contact at my previous job that really looked a lot nicer. This "Get Active" software really limits your color and design choices...bummer.
    I am no kind of computer genius, so I've been surprised at how quickly I picked it up. It just goes to show that if you're motivated you can learn to do anything. I'm also becoming a social network maven (Facebook, MySpace, Twitter), even though I barely even know what those were 6 months ago. I think that's why I learned how to use this Ning site so quickly. I guess it might be a challenge to older folks who haven't navigated any other social network site. But honestly, it's so much cooler than the old message board! I don't know why some others don't think so.

Rich Lane said:
    Congratulations! I have to meet with my district's superintendent on Wednesday because they want me to help them set it up so the newsletter sent out to all households in the area can be done electronically. What software are you using?
This reply was deleted.