It's THAT time of year!

L'shannah tovah tika tavu! A very happy new year to all of our Jewish friends! May the coming year, 5770, be a good, healthy, and happy year for us all (and that's whether your Jewish or not!) Now, I just hope I can remember to stop writing 5769 on my checks... I usually do that for a few weeks after the new year... Happiness and blessing to all! Eric L. Sofer The Silver Age Fogey x<]:o){

You need to be a member of Captain Comics to add comments!

Join Captain Comics

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Happiness to you, too, Eric!

Me, I just want to know when the MSM will end its war on Rosh Hashana...
  • Just remember to get home before sundown...
  • Another Reason Why I Am A Bad Person:

Last evening, The Lovely and Talented asked Action Lad if he had been learning to sing any Rosh Hashanah songs in preschool this week.

The conversation went something like this:

TLAT: "L'shannah tovah tika tavu, tika tavu ..." Hey, get your finger out of your nose! That's why we have tissues.

Me: I don't think those are the right lyrics.

TLAT and Action Lad: ?????

Me: "L'shannah tovah tika tavu, tika tavu. Hey, get your finger out of your nose! That's why we have tissues. "

Action Lad: BWAH-HA-HA-HA!!! Sing it again! Sing it again!

TLAT (to Action Lad): If you sing it that way tomorrow at services, you're both in trouble.
  • Yesterday afternoon, because he'd been so good all weekend, I bought Action Lad a set of new dinosaur toys ... on the condition that he could only have them that evening if he continued to be good all day and, in particular, was well-behaved at services last evening. He was.

When we doled out 3 new dinos last night, the Lad announced that his new velocoraptor would be named "Velocy", his new euplocephalus would be named "Euplo" and his new(est) T. Rex would be named ... "God."

In honor of Yom Kippur, I guess.

I'm ... not sure what to think about that. :)
  • I am thankful that this young man has not learned from the streets the supposed last name of said being.

Doctor Hmmm? said:
    Yesterday afternoon, because he'd been so good all weekend, I bought Action Lad a set of new dinosaur toys ... on the condition that he could only have them that evening if he continued to be good all day and, in particular, was well-behaved at services last evening. He was.

When we doled out 3 new dinos last night, the Lad announced that his new velocoraptor would be named "Velocy", his new euplocephalus would be named "Euplo" and his new(est) T. Rex would be named ... "God."

In honor of Yom Kippur, I guess.

I'm ... not sure what to think about that. :)
  • Jones?
  • The Lad likes to role play with imaginary conversations between the dinosaurs. It makes for some interesting listening.

T.Rex: Hi, Velocy!
    Velociraptor: Hi, God! Watcha doin'?
    T. Rex: I'm kinda hungry. I think I'll go kill something.
    Velocirator: Don't eat me, God! I'm your friend!

Ther's something kinda Job-ian about that.
This reply was deleted.