Of the various members of the Legion of Superheroes who were not Kryptonian or Daxamite, what were their various strength levels? For instance, was Night Girl in complete darkness as strong as Supergirl, or more like Wonder Woman?  I'm specifically interested in the following characters:

Night Girl

Ultra Boy

Timber Wolf

Wildfire

Colossal Boy

Speaking of Colossal Boy, was there an upper limit to how big he could grow? Was that ever established?

EDIT: I know there's little factual information about this(unless it's from the Who's Who: The Definitive Directory of the DC Universe ), so I suppose I'm looking for opinions.

Views: 959

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I take it you mean Wildfire here?  Not attempting to slight Wildstorm, you understand.

While I agree that Val could sometimes do things that were superhuman, I wouldn't call super strength one of his core abilities.  I certainly would not put him on the same level as say, Timber Wolf.

Peter Wrexham said:

While we're talking about legionnaire physical strength levels, don't forget Karate Kid.  On his debut, he fought Superboy to a (momentary) standstill, before the Boy of Steel recovered from his surprise, and flattened KK.  There are other examples of him showing significantly more-than-human strength, too.  During the first appearance of the Dark Circle, KK caused a localised earthquake that knocked over a squad of attacking soldiers by stamping his feet.  On another occasion, he smashed his way out of a giant diamond that Tharok of the Fatal Five had trapped him inside.

All these examples, and many others, show KK using super-strength in brief bursts rather than in a sustained way.  He's great at smashing things, less good at holding up giant weights.  However, in that context, I'd rate him as stronger than Colossal Boy and probably Wildfire, about equal to Timber Wolf.

Ha! Good catch. I should have it tattooed on my wrist that WildStorm has never been afflicted with popularity!

Luis Olavo de Moura Dantas said:

I take it you mean Wildfire here?  Not attempting to slight Wildstorm, you understand.

I dunno.  The Authority was pretty popular, as were Gen-13 and Stormwatch.

Captain Comics said:

I should have it tattooed on my wrist that WildStorm has never been afflicted with popularity!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Welcome!

No flame wars. No trolls. But a lot of really smart people.The Captain Comics Round Table tries to be the friendliest and most accurate comics website on the Internet.

SOME ESSENTIALS:

RULES OF THE ROUND TABLE

MODERATORS

SMILIES FOLDER

TIPS ON USING THE BOARD

FOLLOW US:

OUR COLUMNISTS:

Groups

© 2021   Captain Comics, board content ©2013 Andrew Smith   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service