Let's catalog a list of Superhuman characters with pre-cognitive abilities, or the ability to accurately predict the future. No charlatans or scanners, just the real deal. Also, the character needs to use the power more than once in multiple stories -- no temporary red kryptonite shenanigans. . 

The list so far:

Cassandra Craft

Charity

Destiny(Marvel) 
Dream Girl

Dr. Manhattan 

Franklin Richard's (Tattletale) 
Irma Geddon's husband(Top Ten)

Larry Trask

Lilith (Teen Titans) 

Madame Shibabawa

Madame Web

Midnighter

Ms. Marvel(Carol Danvers) 
Negasonic Teenage Warhead

Negative Man II(Flash Forward) 
Nighteye (My Hero Academia)

Spider-Man (Peter Parker) 

Starhawk(Marvel) 

Ulysses Cain

Yoda

I'm sure there must be plenty of others, but it's really not a popular super power. 

You need to be a member of Captain Comics to add comments!

Join Captain Comics

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Do both Starhawk ("Accept the word of one who knows") and Captain Mar-Vell with his cosmic awareness count?

What about Yoda?

And which Destiny do you refer to? The Marvel mutant or the DC Endless?

• Franklin Richards could see into the future as well.

Gods like Odin and Zeus supposedly could though they had oracles and vollas to help them.

• Off the top of my head, Lilith/Omen from the Teen Titans (even tho she usually used clairvoyance & telepathy in most of the stories she appeared in) and Larry Trask, the son of Bollivar Trask, who was a mutant pre-cog--his father outfitted him with a medallion that neutralized his power and masked his mutancy from the Sentinels.  Oh, and Franklin Richards in his role as Tattletale in the Power Pack.

I don't think it's a case of this being an unpopular power as one that's just too unwieldy for storytelling purposes: aside from a lack of suspense if a character knows from the outset exactly how the events of the story will play out, a pre-cog who is able to see a threat coming in advance and can act to prevent it not only has a hard time convincing anyone that something bad would have happened if they hadn't acted, but if they keep what they foresaw from happening, did they really see THE future?  On the other hand, a pre-cog who sees a future that is set in stone, and nothing can change it is just a sad and useless character.

Oh, does Dr. Manhattan count as a pre-cog, or is seeing/experiencing the past present & future all at once a different power?

• Marvel's Destiny. I've fixed that. 

I don't know about Mar-vell. While precognition might have been part of his power suite, it seemed to be forgotten most of the time. 

Ill check in to Starhawk. Where was he from? 

I'll also check in to Yoda 

Philip Portelli said:

Do both Starhawk ("Accept the word of one who knows") and Captain Mar-Vell with his cosmic awareness count?

What about Yoda?

• I've added Franklin Richards. 

I'm reluctant to add the likes of Odin and Zeus. Much like Mar-vell, it seems to be a power that only showed up when it was convenient. 

Philip Portelli said:

Franklin Richards could see into the future as well.

Gods like Odin and Zeus supposedly could though they had oracles and vollas to help them.

• Starhawk was one of the original Guardians of the Galaxy.

Randy Jackson said:

Marvel's Destiny. I've fixed that. 

I don't know about Mar-vell. While precognition might have been part of his power suite, it seemed to be forgotten most of the time. 

Philip Portelli said:

Do both Starhawk ("Accept the word of one who knows") and Captain Mar-Vell with his cosmic awareness count?

What about Yoda?

• That's what I thought. Thanks. 

Philip Portelli said:

Starhawk was one of the original Guardians of the Galaxy.

Randy Jackson said:

Marvel's Destiny. I've fixed that. 

Philip Portelli said:

What about Yoda?

• Added Lilith, Larry Trask, Franklin and Dr. Manhattan. 

I've seen some very good fights with precogs in comics, most notably Negasonic Teenage Warhead and Night eye. What made the fights interesting was seeing when they gave in or if they could change their fate. 

Dave Elyea said:

Off the top of my head, Lilith/Omen from the Teen Titans (even tho she usually used clairvoyance & telepathy in most of the stories she appeared in) and Larry Trask, the son of Bollivar Trask, who was a mutant pre-cog--his father outfitted him with a medallion that neutralized his power and masked his mutancy from the Sentinels.  Oh, and Franklin Richards in his role as Tattletale in the Power Pack.

I don't think it's a case of this being an unpopular power as one that's just too unwieldy for storytelling purposes: aside from a lack of suspense if a character knows from the outset exactly how the events of the story will play out, a pre-cog who is able to see a threat coming in advance and can act to prevent it not only has a hard time convincing anyone that something bad would have happened if they hadn't acted, but if they keep what they foresaw from happening, did they really see THE future?  On the other hand, a pre-cog who sees a future that is set in stone, and nothing can change it is just a sad and useless character.

Oh, does Dr. Manhattan count as a pre-cog, or is seeing/experiencing the past present & future all at once a different power?

• I'm not sure myslef, but maybe Ulysses Cain from Civil War II?

• Sounds good. Added. 

The Baron said:

I'm not sure myslef, but maybe Ulysses Cain from Civil War II?

This reply was deleted.