http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=39525

While it won't discard the Marvel comic continuity, like The New 52, it is a total revamping of the Marvel books which will bring the Marvel U of the comics closer to the movie versions of the characters.

Rocket Racoon is front and center most likely due to the Guardians of the Galaxy film that has been announced by Disney.

The original five X-Men will be shot forward to the present and be long-lasting characters along with their older selves...and, yes, that means Jean Grey, Marvel Girl, is back.

Views: 310

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I am enjoying Thor: God of Thunder , Deadpool and Hawkeye, but I really don't think of any of them as being any sort of new direction.  Deadpool is Deadpool, Hawkeye's series is quite good but nothing I would call a new direction, and Thor: God of Thunder just seems like a new #1 to me.  I suppose technically they're Marvel NOW! comics, but I'm not seeing anything new and different about them.

After just a couple issues, I've dropped Cable and X-Force. It wasn't awful, but it wasn't great in my opinion, either. The art was okay, but then the writing was only okay on this one also.

I like what Dennis Hopeless has done with Avengers Arena (although I may be the only one), but with this one, I'm just not interested in Hope, and not particularly with Cable either.

This morning I read the last three issues of X-Men Legacy. This is the one about Xavier's son with all the psychic abilities. It kind of reminds me of X-Man from the 1990's. It has some really nice artwork from Jorge Molina, and the writing from Simon Spurrier is definitely taking this title in an interesting direction. I feel sorry for the poor guy; he seems universally either hated or disliked. He's played off as being a victim of his own brain. The book guest-stars the likes of Wolverine, Storm, and the Stepford Cuckoos, but the focus is squarely on Legion.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Welcome!

No flame wars. No trolls. But a lot of really smart people.The Captain Comics Round Table tries to be the friendliest and most accurate comics website on the Internet.

SOME ESSENTIALS:

RULES OF THE ROUND TABLE

MODERATORS

SMILIES FOLDER

TIPS ON USING THE BOARD

FOLLOW US:

OUR COLUMNISTS:

Groups

© 2020   Captain Comics, board content ©2013 Andrew Smith   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service