Meet a DC heroine you never knew about

Meet Bonnie Taylor, the high-flying stewardess who ended almost every story with a broken heart.  She cruised the skies for over two years, from Nov. 1963 through Dec. 1965/Jan. 1966, in DC's romance comic, Young Romance.  Peter Parker never knew so many personal losses,  Bonnie held the cover spot from her first appearance for eleven issues straight, but lost it in her final three appearances. 

You need to be a member of Captain Comics to add comments!

Join Captain Comics

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• There are many who would think Bonnie was a bit "loose". I'm not one of them, but...

• From "Die Hard 2"

STEWARDESS: "It wasn't nearly as edifying as 'Bimbos of the Sky', was it, Connie?"

Randy Jackson said:

There are many who would think Bonnie was a bit "loose". I'm not one of them, but...

• And wait'll you see my upcoming look at that other forgotten DC heroine, Mary Robin, R,N.

• Who are the artists on those? A couple of the covers look like they were done by John Romita Sr.
  • They don't say, but I agree with your assessment.  Wikipedia says he worked at DC on romance comics from the Fifties through mid-Sixties.  I am not positive but I think Vince Coletta did the inking. 

Chris Fluit said:

Who are the artists on those? A couple of the covers look like they were done by John Romita Sr.
  • GCD credits these to John Romitia, with Romita inking his own pencils on most of the covers, but Bernard Sachs might've inked a few of them.

• Jimmm Kelly said:

GCD credits these to John Romitia, with Romita inking his own pencils on most of the covers, but Bernard Sachs might've inked a few of them.

I agree. I also think Sachs probably inked some of the covers.

• Those covers look far too good to have been done by the likes of Vince Colletta. 

• The arched eyebrows give it away as JR SR! Dunno about the inking, but I agree that Colletta is so awful is so recognizable I think we'd know if he was involved.

Looking forward to Mary Robin, Peter! I forced myself through her tear-jerking adventures in DC's Showcase Presents: Young Love, and everyone else should suffer along with me! And a lot of her stories and covers were by JR SR, as well.

• I was thinking 127 and 135, in particular, and the popouts on 133 and 136.  They just had that light "why should I give this any detail or depth?" scratches of Colletta.

ClarkKent_DC said:

Those covers look far too good to have been done by the likes of Vince Colletta. 

This reply was deleted.