More media consolidation/decline

I've seen little written about a recent decision by the Justice Department. They have decided to stop end or ing/declare no longer valid what's clad the Paramount Decision, an agreement reached in 1948 that ended an anti-trust lawsuit against eight major motion picture studios (Now I believe it is essentially three). 

Most notably, the agreement forbade the practice of " block booking " and made it hard for movie studios to own movie theaters. Now, Justice has, justifying with " now streaming's big ", etcetera, decided to inform the signers to the agreement that it needn't be be to anymore.

There's been discussion here on media consolidation and the decline of old print-media powerhouses. There was one post on the subject here that linked to the story of Family Circle magazine's end, could somebody link me to that, please? I will say more later relating to the break-up of Time, Inc. and more.

You need to be a member of Captain Comics to add comments!

Join Captain Comics

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Emerkeith Davyjack said:

There's been discussion here on media consolidation and the decline of old print-media powerhouses. There was one post on the subject here that linked to the story of Family Circle magazine's end, could somebody link me to that, please? I will say more later relating to the break-up of Time, Inc. and more.

That was this post, over in the thread "MAD to End?":

ClarkKent_DC said:

• ...Thank you!

• ...Perhaps my finger landed in the wrong spot for this to land inside MSA's territory.
This reply was deleted.