My recent loss

Hello folks.

Some of you are friends with me on Facebook.  For any of you that are not, my wife Tracy passed away on Sept 17 after a long battle with primary biliary cirrhosis or liver disease.  It is a condition that she inherited genetically.  You can get cirrhosis by abusing your liver with alcohol but that is far from the only cause.

I feel like the best thing for me at this time is to try to get back into a regular routine.  I'm back to work on Monday (they have been very good to me) and while I'll never be the most prolific poster here, I'm going to try and chime in more often.

Thank you to everyone that reached out to me over the last little while.  It means a lot to me.  And if you are not already one, please consider becoming an organ donor.

You need to be a member of Captain Comics to add comments!

Join Captain Comics

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I'm incredibly sorry for your loss. Again, my condolences and best wishes and thoughts are with you, John. I cannot imagine what you're going through, so I won't even try. But please know, you are very much in my thoughts.

FYI, I am a universal organ donor. The way I look at it, take anything you want; I'm not using it anymore.

I realize I don't "know"-know you, but if there is anything I can do in any way, please reach out.

• My condolences to you and your family on your loss, John.

Hang in there and hope to read more posts from you. 

~ J.

• I am so, so sorry, John.

• My condolences to you and your family. Pray for strength during this difficult time.
  • John,

My thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family.

• We at the Comics Cave are with you, John. 

My deepest condolences. 

• I'm so sorry, John. My heart is breaking for you. 

And yes, I'm an organ donor. Since my dad's transplant, my family and I march in a walk for organ donor awareness every spring in Philadelphia... first in support of him, and later in his memory. 

Good luck with getting back to work; I hope the routine helps soothe you. You'll be in my thoughts. 

• My condolences to you and your family. You are never alone!!

• Thank you everyone.

• I've been away and unable to add any comments but so wanted to add my condolences to you John.

I hope everyone's comments have helped you in some small way.

This reply was deleted.