Replies

• Interesting - I didn't even think of Swamp Thing.  I only bought Batgirl on a whim, but I was curious to see how they brought her back.
  • My LCS reports sell-outs of not only Batgirl and Swamp Thing, but also Animal Man, Detective Comics and OMAC. They said that Action was the best-seller, but that they'd ordered plenty of copies or it would've sold out, too. They also allowed that they under-ordered OMAC, assuming it would be a poor seller.
  • I'm sure my regular store sold out of Action too.  I grabbed the second-to-last issue and I showed up on Wednesday afternoon instead of my usual Friday.  I didn't look too closely at the other titles because I either pre-ordered them (JLI, Static, Stormwatch) or because I wasn't interested in them.  However, I didn't see any copies of Animal Man at a couple of stores as well.
  • Hmm... I passed on Batgirl initially but was considering buying it next week based on what I've read about it on this board. (Animal Man was another possibility.) Oh, well. I'm sure the most popular ones will go into multiple printings. I'm online right now to post about OMAC and Swamp Thing because I anticipate that I will be too busy tomorrow to do so.
  • Hanley's in NYC sold out of everything except Action, Men of War, Static Shock and Hawk & Dove by the time I'd arrived at 5pm last night. And they're a pretty big store.
  • I have all of the titles still in stock. Anyone who's willing to pay shipping, I can cover.

[advertisement]

:P

"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read." -Groucho Marx

Check out the Secret Headquarters (my store) website! Comics and Games for Everyone!

I used to listen to WOXY.com; It was the future of rock-n-roll! RIP WOXY

• Tempting.  Especially since DC hasn't announced a second printing for Swamp Thing yet.
  • My LCS has also sold out of just about everything. Which was both exhilarating and depressing for him. Yes, he sold out, but he wasn't able to reorder anything. All he had when I went Friday afternoon was 1 copy of Hawk and Dove (which sold before I left)  and 1 copy of Men of War (which I had forgotten I had l already ordered). I knew I had a light week going in, and I was hoping to sample a couple of titles, but nothing there. I just went and bought a bunch of 50 centers instead.
  • I went to my back-up LCS over the weekend (my main one is 32 miles away from where I live) looking for Batgirl (and maybe Detective and maybe Animal) but they were sold of of all thee of those and more. They had recieved a re-stcok of Action Comics and had plenty of those on hand but not much else. They were give customers a card to fill out indicating which of last week's they wanted and also which ones going forward.

Any word on second printings?

A "New 52" TV commercial aired during Doctor Who over the weekend.

• According to Bleeding Cool, Justice League #1 is coming back with both second and third prints.  Meanwhile Action Comics, Animal Man, Batgirl, Batman and Robin (which doesn't go on sale until this Wednesday), Hawk and Dove and Justice League International are all scheduled for second prints.  He's also predicting second prints for Detective Comics, Swamp Thing and from this coming week, Suicide Squad and Frankenstein.  But that's not official.
This reply was deleted.