It's official.  All 4 comic book stores in town have sold out of Batgirl and Swamp Thing.

Views: 341

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I thought that DC had now announced second printings for everything from the first two weeks.  I wouldn't be surprised to see similar announcements for weeks 3 and 4 once we get to them.

Dagwan said:

Unofficially, but with good inside knowledge, we can expect nearly every single one of the #1s to get second printings.

There are retailers already buying, selling, and trading comics from week 4's releases online. Those won't even be out for 2 weeks.

"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read." -Groucho Marx

Check out the Secret Headquarters (my store) website! Comics and Games for Everyone!

I used to listen to WOXY.com; It was the future of rock-n-roll! RIP WOXY

I know that my local shop sold out of Resurrection Man (because I got the last copy yesterday) and Batman & Robin (because they were sold out before I got there).  Haven't checked the other stores in town for Batman & Robin yet.

The sell-outs continue.  This week my regular shop was already out of Batman by 1:30 pm.  And in the non-DC categories, the magazine Back Issue and Jay Faerber's Near Death were gone as well.  I was able to find the latter at another store where I overheard the owner complaining about people wanting to buy the new 52. 

Why would any comic shop owner complain about people wanting to buy comics?

I am practically giddy at the sales of the DC books, and I've also had a lot more sellouts of non-DC titles than I've ever had.

I can see being disappointed that I didn't order enough of something, but complaining about customers buying things is a sign it's time to move on to a new career.

"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read." -Groucho Marx

Check out the Secret Headquarters (my store) website! Comics and Games for Everyone!

Why would any comic shop owner complain about people wanting to buy comics?

I can see being disappointed that I didn't order enough of something, but complaining about customers buying things is a sign it's time to move on to a new career.

And in the hearing of multiple customers, some of whom are not regulars at the store (such as myself).

I am practically giddy at the sales of the DC books, and I've also had a lot more sellouts of non-DC titles than I've ever had.

I've noticed that too.  The Spider-Island tie-ins are selling out and going back for second printings.  My local shop owner was surprised at how quickly he sold out of other things like Back Issue and Near Death.  

"Why would any comic shop owner complain about people wanting to buy comics?"

I don't know ... because he didn't order enough of the comics people are buying and has lots of other comics on hand people don't want?

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Welcome!

No flame wars. No trolls. But a lot of really smart people.The Captain Comics Round Table tries to be the friendliest and most accurate comics website on the Internet.

SOME ESSENTIALS:

RULES OF THE ROUND TABLE

MODERATORS

SMILIES FOLDER

TIPS ON USING THE BOARD

FOLLOW US:

OUR COLUMNISTS:

Groups

© 2019   Captain Comics, board content ©2013 Andrew Smith   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service