It seems the internet has leaked the two new teams as being:

Punisher #1 - Greg Rucka and Marco Checchetto, with Laura Martin on colors. Daredevil #1 - Mark Waid and Paolo Rivera. That ain't bad, if true.

You need to be a member of Captain Comics to add comments!

Join Captain Comics

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Both of those would interest me. Esp. Greg Ruck on Punisher, that seems like something right up his alley.
  • Waid on Daredevil?

That would brighten my day indeed.  Perhaps he can undo all the damage that's been done to Matt Murdock over the last ten years.

• Waid wasn't my first choice for DD, but I'll take him. He always brings a joy and fresh energy to any title/character he writes.

Based on his initial comments, we may be seeing a little more of the 'superhero swashbuckler' of yore. I'm excited already. 

• And art on Daredevil will alternate between Paolo Rivera and Marcos friggin' Martin.  I am very, very happy about this.
  • Both creative teams seem like good and obvious choices, especially Rucka on Punisher.
  • Waid will get me to pick up DD again; one of my favorite writers and one of my favorite characters. I gave up on DD after his wife went insane and he had an affair with Dakota North. So I don't know how bad things have gotten since, but apparently pretty bad.

I hope the new team can make the book interesting without having to spend so much time undoing the baggage that even though it's a new series (with a new #1, of course), new readers don't understand (or care) what's going on.

Can anyone sum it up?

-- MSA

• Mark Waid made me interested in Fantastic Four after many years by writing a first issue that got to the heart of the characters (particularly Mr. Fantastic) and made it wholly unnecessary to give even one seconds thought to what had gone on before.

If he can do that for Daredevil (and Daredevil), he deserves a medal.

• I really enjoyed the Bendis years and Brubaker started off well...but the insanity and darkness that followed went too far for a continuing character.  Real noir works if you have an ending...Matt doesn't get an ending as a Marvel property.  The closest he ever came was the end of Born Again and even Frank Miller gave him a happy one.
  • I think that is in reference to Matt being a guy all the other heroes like, but have a hard time trusting.  They all know what he's been through, and when he seems OK with it all, it kinda scares them from a psychological point of view.  I don't think Waid will have Matt dating any of the Runaways.  And Daredevil hasn't been a "kids" character for 25 years.  He's not even on the radar (har har) of most readers under 25.

Given Waid's artists, this series is going to make me go back on the "no more buying single issues for myself" pledge.  Darn it!  ;)

• Doc Beechler said:
    I really enjoyed the Bendis years and Brubaker started off well...but the insanity and darkness that followed went too far for a continuing character.  Real noir works if you have an ending...Matt doesn't get an ending as a Marvel property.  The closest he ever came was the end of Born Again and even Frank Miller gave him a happy one.

What he said.
This reply was deleted.