Svengoolie, on ME-TV, is showing " NIGHT OF The LEPUS " right now! I meant to get this up before...I don't know of anyone else here but Richard in the Western time zone, so...........

Views: 69

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

...ME has brought KOLCHAK: THE NIGHT STALKER back in the " Sci-Go Saturday " line-up. Good.

...NOTL got a little " parental caution " from Svengoolie - And, in fact, it has blood/dead bodies appearances that were a touch extreme by 1972 still kind-of running  standards, still a little bit " good ol' horror movie " standards. Was it PG?

At.the time, I read about it in a piece in the old weekly LIFE in a piece on the boom-let in " nature strikes back " horror movies. I saw it maybe a year later on CBS's Friday night " Late Movie " at 11:30, which would show tween/young teen-friendly horror/SF/rock'n'roll/slapstick comedy movies.

Night of the Lepus was rated PG in 1972 by the Motion Picture Association of America. The PG-13 rating didn't exist at the time. It could only have been rated PG (parental guidance) or R (restricted -  no one under 17 without a parent).

...Didn't see this till now, Richard, thank you.

For those that missed it, Night of the Lepus is playing this Monday 10/12 at 3:30 PM or 6:30 PM on Turner Classic Movies. 

.Even before I saw that Richard had bumped this, I decided to add on to this to tell you that I'm now watching Svengoolie showing Clint Eastwood " in " Jack Arnold's TARANTULA. I had forgotten, plot-wise, about the " humans monster-ized, too " plot angle not to mention acromealgy.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Welcome!

No flame wars. No trolls. But a lot of really smart people.The Captain Comics Round Table tries to be the friendliest and most accurate comics website on the Internet.

SOME ESSENTIALS:

RULES OF THE ROUND TABLE

MODERATORS

SMILIES FOLDER

TIPS ON USING THE BOARD

FOLLOW US:

OUR COLUMNISTS:

Groups

© 2020   Captain Comics, board content ©2013 Andrew Smith   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service