I meant to post this earlier but Night of the Lepus is on TCM tonight (4/15) at 11:30 PM EST.

This is one of those movies that I always heard about but never seen.

Of course, part of me wanting to see this is that DeForest Kelley is in it. As a kid, I was usually keen on seeing Star Trek actors in other shows!

Views: 1407

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

The FXM Retro is more like a fourth than a half. The rest of that channel is FXM. The other two channels are the original FX and FXX. Here's tomorrow's schedule so you can see them all in parallel:

http://www.fxnetworks.com/schedule/2017-10-22/pacific?

...Thank you, Richard, I saw this this morning. I may not be able to access the sked fully (I've been there already.) on this teenyteeny phone that is all I have here in this convalescent/nursing place I've been in temporarily these past weeks temporarily in the wake of my most recent toe-amputating diabetic operation:-(.

I found the Man of Bronze movie a bit silly in 1975, and never watched it again, even though I thought Ron Ely looked like he stepped off a paperback cover. 

However, there's a line in the movie that I still remember and has become part of the Captain Comics lexicon. At some point, Savage and his amazing five (or maybe just some of them) are in a pit with an old Hidalgo chief. And he says, in the most laughably hyper-dramatic way:

"We are all doomed to die a horrible death." 

You'd be surprised how often that line comes in handy.

I agree that Man of Bronze is campy to a fault, miscast in places (Monk & Ham) and went a bit overboard with the Sousa music but I liked it a lot and wish that they did do a sequel. And Superman: The Movie was campy in a lot of scenes as well.

Tonight (10/23) at 8PM is the decidedly non-campy The Elephant Man (1980).

For Saturday 10/28 early:

• MARK OF THE VAMPIRE @ 6:15 AM
  • THE DEVIL DOLL @ 7:30 AM
  • WHATEVER HAPPENED TO BABY JANE? @ 9AM
  • LITTLE SHOP OF HORRORS @ 11:30 AM
  • VILLAGE OF THE DAMNED @ 1 PM
  • CHILDREN OF THE DAMNED @ 2:30 PM
  • HOUSE OF DARK SHADOWS @ 4:15 PM
  • NIGHT OF DARK SHADOWS @ 6PM

I figure some of you may be interested in those last two!

Disney Marathon this Wednesday 12/20 starting at 8PM EST.

• BRAVE LITTLE TAYLOR starring Mickey Mouse
  • THE STORY OF ROBIN HOOD (1952)
  • THE SIGN OF ZORRO (1960)
  • TOBY TYLER (1960)
  • a "Wonderful World of Disney" featuring Disneyland.
  • PETE'S DRAGON (1977)

Some nice live action stuff!

Well, tonight (3/26), you have the long and short of it! Starting at 8PM there's The Incredible Shrinking Man (1957), then Them! (1954). They could have paired ISM with The Amazing Colossal Man or Attack of the 50 Foot Woman but Them! is a much better film.

After that, you have 

• The Magnetic Monster (1953)
  • Die, Monster, Die (1965) with Nick Adams and Boris Karloff
  • The Giant Behemoth (1959)
  • The H-Man (1958), a Toho movie I've read about but never seen
  • The Phantom From 10,000 Leagues (1955)

They could have paired ISM with The Amazing Colossal Man or Attack of the 50 Foot Woman but Them! is a much better film.

A man after my own heart ...

Tonight, starting at 8PM (EST), TCM is showing all four of the Matt Helm movies starring, of course, Dean Martin! They include:

• THE SILENCERS (1966) with Stella Stevens
  • MURDERERS' ROW (1966) with Ann Margaret 
  • THE AMBUSHERS (1967)
  • THE WRECKING CREW (1968) with Elke Summer, Sharon Tate, Nancy Kwan and Tina Louise!!

...Dies anybody get the just barely competing cassic movie channel which was once called Fox Classic Movies? U thing it's tweaked its official name now, and it " split book " shares a cable slot with a Fox channel that that is a movies-only offshoot of their FX. I could look up the specifics but so can you, and I'd have to lose this, then come back and restart it, to do this.

My answer to the question you asked on a previous page.

Richard Willis said:

I looked it up. Fox Classic Movies is no longer a separate channel. It is now branded as FXM Retro, which is part of the Fox Movie Channel. The "FXM Retro" showing older movies is generally in the morning. This is separate from the FX and FXX channels.

Emerkeith Davyjack said:

...Does anybody get Fox Classic Movies? Does it stilll exist? It shared cable space with FXM, a movies-only extension of Fox's FX channel.

...I didn't see this until now, thank you, Richard!:-)

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Welcome!

No flame wars. No trolls. But a lot of really smart people.The Captain Comics Round Table tries to be the friendliest and most accurate comics website on the Internet.

SOME ESSENTIALS:

RULES OF THE ROUND TABLE

MODERATORS

SMILIES FOLDER

TIPS ON USING THE BOARD

FOLLOW US:

OUR COLUMNISTS:

Groups

© 2020   Captain Comics, board content ©2013 Andrew Smith   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service