The Original "The Man from UNCLE Movies – Now on Digital HD!

As filmgoers go gaga over Guy Ritchie’s stylish and swinging origin story for "The Man from U.N.C.L.E." with Henry Cavill and Armie Hammer, Warner Bros. Home Entertainment offers a chance to grove to the original U.N.C.L.E. team with Robert Vaughn and David McCallum as it’s neer been seen – in eye popping, crystal clear 1080p Digital HD!

Crafted from the original series' frequent two-parters, these are more than mere patch-jobs, employing extra footage shot while filming the original episodes to expand the stories and including elements that would be deemed too racy or violent for American primetime television.

Notable guest stars in these films include Academy Award winner Jack Palance and Joan Crawford, Emmy Award winners Telly Savalas, Maurice Evans & Bradford Dillman, Oscar nominees Eleanor Parker, Rip Torn and Joan Blondell, as well as Vera Miles, Herbert Lom, Jill Ireland, Carol Lynley, Kim Darby, Terry-Thomas, Dorothy Provine, "Star Trek" star James Doohan and "James Bond" luminaries Curt Jurgens and Luciana Paluzzi. The late Yvonne Craig appears in two of the films.

These entertaining films are now available for download in Digital HD from Amazon and iTunes.

Here's the list of the eight "The Man from U.N.C.L.E." features -- complete with one-line synopses, guest stars, a link to a trailer and a link to the actual film. And attached are a few of the film's one-sheet posters (all of the posters are available upon request).

To Trap a Spy (1965)

Expanded version of the U.N.C.L.E. pilot (Napoleon Solo aka The Vulcan Affair), including the famous "too hot for TV" scenes shot with future Bond girl Luciana Paluzzi.  

Film: http://bit.ly/SPYTRAPHD   

The Spy With My Face (1965)

Expanded version of The Double Affair, in which a fake Napoleon Solo wreaks havoc on an U.N.C.L.E. secret mission.

Film: http://bit.ly/SPYFACE

One Spy Too Many (1966)

Expansion of season two's Alexander the Greater Affair, in which an ambitious industrialist (Rip Torn) sets out to conquer the world. With Yvonne (Batgirl) Craig. 

Film: http://bit.ly/TOOSPYHD

The Spy in the Green Hat (1966)

The Concrete Overcoat Affair gets the feature treatment, in which Thrush agent Louis Strago (Jack Palance) attempts to unleash climate change upon the world.

Film: http://bit.ly/SPYGREENHD

One of Our Spies is Missing (1967)

Vera Miles, Yvonne Craig and James Doohan guest as Napoleon Solo and Illya Kuryakin head to London and Paris to foil a plot hatched by the nefarious fashion industry.

Film: http://bit.ly/MISSSPYHD 

The Karate Killers (1967)

The Five Daughters Affair feature version, with heavyweight heavies Telly Savalas and Herbert Lom providing the menace while Joan Crawford, Jill Ireland and Kim Darby make up the distaff side.

Film: http://bit.ly/KARATEKILL 

The Helicopter Spies (1968)

Carol Lynley and Bradford Dillman lend their talent to the film version of The Prince of Darkness Affair.

Film: http://bit.ly/HELISPIES

How to Steal the World (1968)

Leslie Nielsen joins Robert Vaughn and David McCallum for the film version of the U.N.C.L.E. series closer, The Seven Wonders of the World Affair.

Film: http://bit.ly/WORLDSTEAL

You need to be a member of Captain Comics to add comments!

Join Captain Comics

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• ...Were all of these color ? I thought the first season of "U.N.C.L.E. " was black & white . does that mean, if they are all color , that the features from the first season were filmed in color but shown on TV in B&W in a B&W version of the original color footage ~ Or , indeed , was the entire first season shot in color ?

Reversing this , my understanding was that at least some of these features were not released in U.S. theaters at the time , and , for those that were not , some or all of the additional footage for the features versions had USA-only?? TV episodes built around them , not shown as TV episodes overseas . Yes ???

• They're calling these movies, but I suspect they are simple two-part episodes strung together. I sure don't remember any UNCLE movies from when I was a kid.

One thing I need to mention: At least two of these feature the recently late Yvonne Craig in her heyday. Seeing her young like this makes her passing all the sadder.

• I'm a little surprised that there's so much footage from the cutting room floor to be used to make these "movies." I always thought TV shows avoided that kind of thing. 

• Apparently most of the movies were prepared from two-part episodes but extra material was added to them, more to some than others, and the first two were based on one-part stories from the first season, the first on the pilot. Apart from these two episodes the first season was shot in black and white. Material shot for the two movies was used in the episode The Four Steps Affair. Only the first three movies were released in the US.

Wikipedia's page on the series makes the point that at the time a lot of people only had black and white TVs, and the movie versions allowed people to see the show in colour.

(corrected)

Sources: Wikipedia's pages on the series, its episodes, and the individual films.

• ...To start off , that concept of feature-lengths of currently/just recently ongoing ( Whether repackaged episodes or something newly shot) TV series seems to have been a real middish-60s thing , and yes , " Now you can see it IN COLOR !!!!!!!!!!! " seems to have been a (thought-of) major selling point - During the mid-60s , too , the concept of an ongoing series going away during the summer (& a " summer replacement " series substituting for it) was at least a more recent concept .

Aside from U.N.C.L.E. , MCHALES' NAVY , THE MUNSTERS , OZZIE & HARRIET , THE SAINT (a repackeged two-part episode in this case , just like the Unks !...) and of course BATMAN all all examples which come to mind (Was ,m in fact , Fox/ABC's original plan for the Bat-series to issue the movie in summer '66 , as happened anyway , but delay the series' premiere until the start of the Fall 1966 season , but with a perceived need by ABC leading them to rush the series on ? I have read that ?

I recall reading here , too , that early 1966 was the first time the  Big Three networks really had a formal " Second Season " of mid-season replacements ! I'm younger than the other " I remember the Sixties " posters here , I do too but I was REALLY young then , and a lot of the " mid-60s pop culture BOOM ! " stuff fondly recalled by many people here is stuff I don't actively remember seeing (I was an oldest child with no cousins or anything nearby , so that probably had an effect in not being exposed so much to " older " stuff .) .

This extends to The Man From Uncle , I question whether I've ever seen a full-length hour-long episode of it , ever (It wasn't real widely rerun , either - I wonder whether the change in social attitudes by many towards spy agencies by the late 60s on contributed to that ? And , of course , it was a violent action/adventure & hour long series , both of which could contribute to not re-running in syndication then very well . ~ The fact that , as a kid , I was rather impatient with hour-long TV shows in general(I could watch a movie on TV okay , but hour-long series were a problem .) , finding it hard to stay with an hour-long series' episode no doubt contributes there . In the 70s I would have a real hard time staying with even hour-long Outer Limits or , gasp , Star Trek !

Luke Blanchard said:

Apparently most of the movies were prepared from two-part episodes but extra material was added to them, more to some than others, and the first two were based on one-part stories from the first season, the first on the pilot. Apart from these two episodes the first season was shot in black and white. Material shot for the two movies was used in the episode The Four Steps Affair. Only the first three movies were released in the US.

Wikipedia's page on the series makes the point that at the time a lot of people only had black and white TVs, and the movie versions allowed people to see the show in colour.

(corrected)

Sources: Wikipedia's pages on the series, its episodes, and the individual films.

• Come to think of it, every UNCLE episode was the "Something-or-Other Affair." Most of these "movies" try to have "spy" or "spies" in the title. What's up with that, Luke?

• Daktari was launched by the movie Clarence, The Cross-Eyed Lion.

Wikipedia says Dozier wanted to put out a Batman movie first but 20th Century Fox wouldn't agree.

• ...In the mid-70s , I recall a local station rerunning some 60s series really late at night/early in the morning , like 1:30/2 AM , with each series shown only on day (night) per week .

I remember for sure THE FUGITIVE and THE GIRL FROM U.N.C.L.E. being two of them , maybe Man From... and SECRET AGENT , possibly in its earlier incarnation at DANGER MAN , maybe two others . At lleast during summer?? , I did some staying up for them .

I saw Girl From...some , and found second-hand copies/old store stock of a couple of the paperback novels/other stuff , & read them - I think I bought second-hand Man From...books some too (They were pretty much all around sec. hand venues in the mid-Seventies , but I don't think I ever read any !

• ...I meant to asterisk the OZZIE & HARRIET reference , as it was to a feature-length that wasn't TECHNICALLY a remake of the series , 1965's LOVE AND KISSES . This was actually a bit more risqué than 60s TV Standards & Practices would allow , although I don't remember anything from seeing it on TV in the 80s !( https://en.wikipedia.org/wikiLove_and_Kisses/(film)

• ...God bless Wikipedia !!!!!!!!!!!

I managed to find something to confirm my memory about reading of a never-published last Man From U.N.C.L.E novel that concluded the series  a long time ago , titled " The Final Affair " ~ which , furthermore , was an authorized novel , intended to be published as an official  Ace U.N.C.L.E. novel but timing issues made it fall through , which was not my impression , I thought it would have been a fan concept .

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_McDaniel

This reply was deleted.