Every week, one item or another in my pull and hold stands out for me above the rest in one way or another. Sometimes it’s a periodical, sometimes a graphic novel, sometimes a collection. Does that happen to you? If so, let’s hear about it here. It can be an item you’ve long anticipated or something you bought on a whim. If it’s something you were really looking forward to but ended up being a big disappointment, let’s hear about that here, too. I’ve been meaning to start this topic for a long time now, but chose today to post about something I’ve been waiting for a long time, long before it was even solicited.

SILVER SURFER EPIC COLLECTION BY STEVE ENGLEHART AND MARSHAL ROGERS

This is a favorite run of mine, but I’ve read it only twice: once as it was released, and I re-read it once after that. It came out as an “ESSENTIAL” a few years ago, but for this I held out for color.

EDIT: Most weeks I make my picks before I have read them, but feel free to choose either the books you anticipate most before you read or enjoy the most after you have read them.

Views: 6360

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

The return of Papergirls (#6).

Ditto.

Jeff of Earth-J said:

The return of Papergirls (#6).

Yeah, as much as I dug a couple of the Rebirth issues, Papergirls 6 gets the gold. 

That said, I'm happy to see the conclusion to the nutty Last Gang in Town, a bonkers comic that's more MAD magazine than Vertigo.

I pocked up one of these 'Timely Comics' reprint cheap collections.-- The first 3 issues of the newest 'Carnage' incarnation.

Written by Gerry Conway with quite good art and featuring the return of John Jameson as Man-Wolf and Eddie Brock/Toxin this is a fascinating title that I wonder if people have overlooked - I'm not a Carnage fan at all but this is good horror/suspense stuff.

I'd say something about the Rebirth titles, but my LCS sold out of GA, GL and Superman in less than 24 hours!

Really. Interesting. I may have to give this a look, at least in trade form.

Rob Staeger (Grodd Mod) said:

...the nutty Last Gang in Town, a bonkers comic that's more MAD magazine than Vertigo.

Definitely flip through it. I hope it gets collected in trade. It packed with background gags and marginalia.

Howard Chaykin’s MIDNIGHT OF THE SOUL #1.

My pick was Flash: Rebirth -- I can finally go back to reading my favorite character again! It didn't disappoint. 

Easy. Injection #10, sadly going on hiatus until December.

My shop didn't have that one -- and I was looking! I'll have to pick it up at Midtown, near work. 

And December! Nuts to that.

I'm with Rob: Flash Rebirth is it! I haven't read too many of my comics this week, but it would definitely be hard to beat. It's great to see Joshua Williamson writing for DC, as well as--oh, I have no idea how to spell the artist's name and I don't have it in front of me--but I'm a big fan of his work and it's great to see him drawing for DC!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Welcome!

No flame wars. No trolls. But a lot of really smart people.The Captain Comics Round Table tries to be the friendliest and most accurate comics website on the Internet.

SOME ESSENTIALS:

RULES OF THE ROUND TABLE

MODERATORS

SMILIES FOLDER

TIPS ON USING THE BOARD

FOLLOW US:

OUR COLUMNISTS:

Groups

© 2020   Captain Comics, board content ©2013 Andrew Smith   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service