I was watching the Savage/Warrior "retirement" match on disk last night, and it came to the ending where Elizabeth threw Sherri out of the ring, and the thought came to me, "Both of these women are dead now, it's depressing."

Views: 3118

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I don't know that it's been confirmed anywhere.

Philip Portelli said:

Which would be odd since Steamboat had health issues during his last run with WWE.

The Baron said:

In other wrestling news, Ric Flair is going to wrestle, what'll this be, his third "final match"?   I've no idea what kind of condition he's in, I'd heard that he'd had surgery not that long ago.  Setting aside the greater-than-zero chance that he might drop dead in the ring, I'd hate to see him come pout and be this doddering old guy obviously carried by the other workers. Rumor has it that the Rock and Rolls' "mystery partner" will be Rick Steamboat.

According to this, Steamboat's saying that he was approached to do it, but he turned it down.

Philip Portelli said:

Which would be odd since Steamboat had health issues during his last run with WWE.

The Baron said:

In other wrestling news, Ric Flair is going to wrestle, what'll this be, his third "final match"?   I've no idea what kind of condition he's in, I'd heard that he'd had surgery not that long ago.  Setting aside the greater-than-zero chance that he might drop dead in the ring, I'd hate to see him come pout and be this doddering old guy obviously carried by the other workers. Rumor has it that the Rock and Rolls' "mystery partner" will be Rick Steamboat.

Can this be the end of Vince?  Will he be "future endeavored"?  (Well, probably not, but it's still an interesting development.)

WWE Press Release

ESPN Story

It's very strange with Vince voluntarily stepping down without his usual bluster! Plus Stephanie goes from taking a leave of absence (and getting slammed for being bad at her job) to becoming the interim CEO/Chairwoman of WWE! There are going to be some awkward meetings!

Vince is still in charge of the shows though who knows for how long?

The Baron said:

Can this be the end of Vince?  Will he be "future endeavored"?  (Well, probably not, but it's still an interesting development.)

WWE Press Release

ESPN Story

I wouldn't be surprised if Johnny Ace soon gains an in-depth knowledge of what the underside of a bus looks like.

Philip Portelli said:

It's very strange with Vince voluntarily stepping down without his usual bluster! Plus Stephanie goes from taking a leave of absence (and getting slammed for being bad at her job) to becoming the interim CEO/Chairwoman of WWE! There are going to be some awkward meetings!

Vince is still in charge of the shows though who knows for how long?

The Baron said:

Can this be the end of Vince?  Will he be "future endeavored"?  (Well, probably not, but it's still an interesting development.)

WWE Press Release

ESPN Story

I liked his brothers more anyway.

According to sources, no one will miss him! 

And he's not going to have a happy homelife!

The Baron said:

I wouldn't be surprised if Johnny Ace soon gains an in-depth knowledge of what the underside of a bus looks like.

Philip Portelli said:

It's very strange with Vince voluntarily stepping down without his usual bluster! Plus Stephanie goes from taking a leave of absence (and getting slammed for being bad at her job) to becoming the interim CEO/Chairwoman of WWE! There are going to be some awkward meetings!

Vince is still in charge of the shows though who knows for how long?

The Baron said:

Can this be the end of Vince?  Will he be "future endeavored"?  (Well, probably not, but it's still an interesting development.)

WWE Press Release

ESPN Story

The "death" of Vince has been predicted many times. I won't go that far just yet, since he has more lives that a cat.

Vince McMahon Settles Oliver Luck Lawsuit  Guess he wants to keep to one legal issue at a time.

Vince is said to have paid more than $12million in hush money  If it's true, then it's easily three times more than he paid for WCW..

4

Now everyone is speculating who these three other women are. Two were on-air talents.

The Baron said:

Vince is said to have paid more than $12million in hush money  If it's true, then it's easily three times more than he paid for WCW..

4

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Groups

Latest Activity

ClarkKent_DC replied to Steve W's discussion A Cover a Day
"I loved that book."
19 minutes ago
Dave Palmer replied to Steve W's discussion A Cover a Day
"1984-1985"
1 hour ago
Jeff of Earth-J replied to Jeff of Earth-J's discussion Star Trek: Strange New Worlds
"STRANGE NEW WORLDS: As the episode begins, Enterprise is in drydock and has been for a year being…"
3 hours ago
The Baron replied to The Baron's discussion The List of 892 Super-Heroines
"Added: Herculina Miss X Platinum Wonder Woman Power Tower Savanna Sister Miracle Venus…"
4 hours ago
Peter Wrexham replied to Steve W's discussion A Cover a Day
"Yes, I was already considered the first and last issues of Showcase (not least because we also…"
4 hours ago
Jeff of Earth-J replied to Steve W's discussion A Cover a Day
"Richard Willis already posted the first and last of She-Hulk's second series. Here's her…"
4 hours ago
ClarkKent_DC replied to Steve W's discussion A Cover a Day
"Speaking of changing tastes, writer Michael L. Fleischer tried to breathe new life into this tired…"
11 hours ago
ClarkKent_DC replied to Steve W's discussion A Cover a Day
"Continuing on ... Jonah Hex graduated to his own series, titled Jonah Hex of course (March-April…"
11 hours ago
ClarkKent_DC replied to Steve W's discussion A Cover a Day
"Continuing this saga ... All-Star Western was retitled Weird Western Tales with issue #12…"
11 hours ago
ClarkKent_DC replied to Steve W's discussion A Cover a Day
"Another case of retitling but not renumbering: All-Star Western #1 (August-September 1970) Final…"
11 hours ago
The Baron replied to The Baron's discussion The List of 885 Super-Heroines
"Added Blackhawk Britannia The Choir Cutie Daiten Ladies Daiten Solaria 1 Daiten Solaria…"
12 hours ago
The Baron replied to The Baron's discussion The List of 870 Super-Heroines
"I'm not against "duplicates", per se, I've got three "Storms" onnthe…"
13 hours ago

© 2022   Captain Comics, board content ©2013 Andrew Smith   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service