Anyone know of an online archive or even just a big master list?

Views: 2475

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I just read through the 100-strip Phil Hardy story Luke suggested. Pretty good story. The art was top notch given the space considerations the artist was working in.
This set of entries includes some pretty interesting sight gags. And the artist could stand his ground with any comic artist today.
This strip is pretty funny too, and I like the site editor's comments.
Thanks for the comments, LJ.
I would love to see full-color version of this comic. That is some F-A-N-T-A-S-T-I-C art. Just wish the scans were better.
~^~^~^~^ RISE FROM YOUR GRAVE! ^~^~^~^~

So a long while ago, I started the above thread, and now you can see why I was asking (aside from my own interest in comic book/comic strip history).

Here at work we have a secondary website for kids called Junior Dispatch, and I try to have a variety of activities and (for lack of a better term) promotions on it.
Well, about a month ago, I launched a "Phil Hardy" feature, which you can see here, and as one of the sub-categories of the "front page" of the site.

Each "edition" of Phil Hardy comes with its own lesson or activity for kids and adults to participate. Usually these are just simple things like watching a related video or visiting an educational site.
Thanks for the update, LJ. That's very interesting.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Welcome!

No flame wars. No trolls. But a lot of really smart people.The Captain Comics Round Table tries to be the friendliest and most accurate comics website on the Internet.

SOME ESSENTIALS:

RULES OF THE ROUND TABLE

MODERATORS

SMILIES FOLDER

TIPS ON USING THE BOARD

FOLLOW US:

OUR COLUMNISTS:

Groups

© 2021   Captain Comics, board content ©2013 Andrew Smith   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service