Can you think of any super-heroes created in the 60s that didn't at some point have a regular home?  That is, they -

- didn't have their own book (like Spider-Man, Batman, etc), or

- star in their own strip (like Supergirl in Action and Adventure, for example), or

- were a member of a super-team (like the Black Panther, Cyclops, or The Thing)

In the 1970s and afterwards, as literally hundreds of new characters debuted, lots of charcaters were seen infrequently, but I'm wracking my brain trying to think of someone who would have only been a guest star here and there.  I'm sure I'm missing one or more head slapping obvious ones.

Anyone?

Views: 398

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

And in answer to the question, what about The Phantom Eagle in Marvel Superheroes?

Love the "sweetheart" title.

Hyperman, Hyperwoman, Hyperboy and Klypso the Hyperdog from Superboy #144.

Zatanna fits John's description until 1978, when she joined the JLA.

Lana in her identity of Gravity Girl from the Superboy story in Adventure Comics #285.

To correct a mistake I made: both stories in Adventure #384 featured Supergirl, Volar is from the first one.

Sunfire might qualify, depending on what John's looking for. He debuted in X-Men #64, which is cover-dated for Jan. 1970 and so will have appeared in late 1969. He joined the X-Men in Giant-Size X-Men #1 but left immediately, in X-Men #94.

Miss Liberty from Tomahawk, unless working with the Rangers (or being included by the Lord of Time in his team of heroes from the past in Justice League of America ##159-160) disqualifies her.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Welcome!

No flame wars. No trolls. But a lot of really smart people.The Captain Comics Round Table tries to be the friendliest and most accurate comics website on the Internet.

SOME ESSENTIALS:

RULES OF THE ROUND TABLE

MODERATORS

SMILIES FOLDER

TIPS ON USING THE BOARD

FOLLOW US:

OUR COLUMNISTS:

Groups

© 2020   Captain Comics, board content ©2013 Andrew Smith   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service