Same question as with the 1960s threads, although I know there are lots of characters who will meet the criteria.  I want to see just how big of a list we can make with this one.  Just to reiterate:

Name a Marvel or DC super-hero created in the 1970s that

- didn't have their own book (like Nova or Firestorm), or

- star in their own strip (like Air Wave or Tigra), or

- were a member of a super-team (like Power Girl or Wolverine)

So how many can you name?

Views: 260

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Both those reasons COULD, John but the real reason was that Captain Comet was created in 1951 (Strange Adventures #9, IIRC). He was revived in the 70s!

John Moret said:

This COULD be splitting hairs but Captain Comet was the hero of Secret Society of Super-Villains but didn't "star" in the strip as such. Also honorary membership in the Justice League of America might disqualify him from this list.

I just remembvered Red Wolf and Squirrel Girl.

Red Wolf had his own title, both as a Western hero and a modern-day hero.

Squirrel Girl is a fairly new character, certainly not from the 70s.

She comes from a story by Will Murray and Steve Ditko that appeared in Marvel Super-Heroes #8 (1992 cover-date).

I stand corrected. I thought Squirrel Girl debuted in the 1970's.  Also, I guess my knowledge of Marvel's span of titles isn't quite what I thought it was.

According to Marvunapp the modern-day Red Wolves from Avengers #80, Marvel Spotlight #1 and the second half of the run of Red Wolf all had different secret IDs, so it could be held one of the first two qualifies.

Willow from Justice League of America #142, unless one counts her as "really" Mantis (whom she was a JLA counterpart to), and therefore a member of the Avengers.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Welcome!

No flame wars. No trolls. But a lot of really smart people.The Captain Comics Round Table tries to be the friendliest and most accurate comics website on the Internet.

SOME ESSENTIALS:

RULES OF THE ROUND TABLE

MODERATORS

SMILIES FOLDER

TIPS ON USING THE BOARD

FOLLOW US:

OUR COLUMNISTS:

Groups

© 2020   Captain Comics, board content ©2013 Andrew Smith   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service