Replies

• Most groups have gone with the default settings of giving all the options available and keeping the group public. If you want to make yours invite only because you want to discuss secret librarian things, I don't think anyone would fault you.

If you look at the Scribes, there we're talking about possible restarting the group as Invite only or starting second invitational so we can critique each other's writing without sharing it with the world wide web. The mods group is of course closed to the public.

So basically it's whatever you want to do.
  • Mark, we can't let the ancient secrets of the library guild known to the public! :P
  • Alan M. said:
    Mark, we can't let the ancient secrets of the library guild known to the public! :P

I took several grad classes toward an Masters in Library Sciences years ago, but then abandoned it. Your esoteric, illuminati-like rituals and lore were too much for me.
  • Rich Lane said:
    Your esoteric, illuminati-like rituals and lore were too much for me.

Ah...took a Cataloging class, then, didja? :)

(That's library humor there, folks! Eat it up!)
  • Alan M. said:
    Rich Lane said:
    Your esoteric, illuminati-like rituals and lore were too much for me.

Ah...took a Cataloging class, then, didja? :)

(That's library humor there, folks! Eat it up!)

I bet you kill at all of the librarian par-tays!
  • Travis Herrick said:
    I bet you kill at all of the librarian par-tays!

You might be surprised. I know lots of librarians who party pretty hearty.
  • Editing the quotes here is a bit...esoteric. I managed to get what I wanted finally, but it took two tries.
  • We library folk are all about the sharing, and yep, I know some hearty party librarians, too. :)
  • What you get the mean drunk who starts bullying people about the dewey decimal system? banana
  • Travis Herrick said:
    What you get the mean drunk who starts bullying people about the dewey decimal system? banana

Nah, we're like most drunks. We mostly lean against the wall and say "I love you, man!"
This reply was deleted.