Another loss: Just after Marie Severin passes, we also get word that writer Gary Friedrich dies at 75.

From Bam Smack Pow: "Ghost Rider co-creator Gary Friedrich dies at 75"

Views: 208

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I was reminded of the Capt. Savage and His Leatherneck Raiders series. He introduced Baron Strucker into the Hydra organization as its founder.

Rest in peace.

Ghost Rider is one of the great Marvel characters.

Cap, not to be pedantic, but I think you're confusing Gary Friedrich with Mike Friedrich, who was the guiding light behind Star*Reach and the young writer whose JLA story, "The Most Dangerous Dreams of All," was the Ellison goo-fest that contained that execrable turn of phrase you cite... among many other similarly execrable phrases.

Gary was the much better regarded writer, who was well known for several Marvel series. (He never wrote for DC, IIRC.) I remember him particularly for his Sgt. Fury stories, some of which were quite good.

OMG, you're right, Prince -- and that's not pedantic at all. Major mistake on my part, for which I apologize. There's no correcting the original post, so I just deleted it.

Thanks!

Just didn't want Gary to be responsible for the sins of Mike! :)

Having written about Marie Severin and then Gary Friedrich, I was reminded that she drew several stories he wrote for Not Brand Ecch!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Groups

Latest Activity

The Baron replied to The Baron's discussion The List of Super-Hero Teams
"The Elementals : Added Justice Machine: Added   Champions of Xandar (Nova) The Blackhawks…"
14 minutes ago
Lee Houston, Junior replied to Steve W's discussion A Cover a Day
"Whether at a carnival or fair, balloons are always a popular item, but I don't think you want…"
16 minutes ago
Philip Portelli replied to The Baron's discussion The List of Super-Hero Teams
"All Winners Squad Heroes of Angor (JLA) Imperial Guard Sentinels of Justice (Americomics) Super…"
55 minutes ago
Randy Jackson replied to The Baron's discussion The List of Super-Hero Teams
"If you take the team as a whole over the centuries, many members of the League of Extraordinary…"
1 hour ago
"The Heroes of Lallor (Legion) Champions of Xandar (Nova) The Blackhawks (in their…"
1 hour ago
"From Comico: The Elementals  Justice Machine"
1 hour ago
"The Arabian Knights: Added The Galaxy Trio: Added The Impossibles: Added Bionic Six : Added Mighty…"
1 hour ago
"Added 46 super-sentai teams, and even then., I'm not sure that I got them all."
1 hour ago
"From the cartoons of my childhood: The Arabian Knights The Galaxy Trio The Impossibles Bionic…"
2 hours ago
"Science Team Gatchaman/G-Force: Added Super Friends: Added League of Extraordinary Gentlemen:Not…"
2 hours ago
"What about: Science Team Gatchaman/G-Force Super Friends League of Extraordinary Gentlemen Top…"
2 hours ago
"Who are they, again?  :;)"
3 hours ago

© 2022   Captain Comics, board content ©2013 Andrew Smith   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service