The Legion of "Hey, It's That Guy!" Character Actors loses another one.

From The Hollywood Reporter"Walter Olkewicz, Actor on 'Twin Peaks' and 'Grace Under Fire,' Dies at 72."

Olkewicz also was a member of what might be called "The Barney Miller Repertory Company", which included Don Calfa, Florence Halop, Richard Libertini, Alex Henteloff, Peggy Pope, Bruce Kirby and others. 

You need to be a member of Captain Comics to add comments!

Join Captain Comics

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Not to threadjack, but I was watching a season ten episode of Bonanza yesterday and I couldn't remember which episode of Star Trek I had seen Mark Richman (a.k.a. Peter Mark Richman) in. I was saddened to learn he died earlier this year, January 14, at age 93. 

• IMDB tells me that Peter Mark Richman played a character called Ralph Offenhouse in STTNG season 1 episode 25,"The Neutral Zone," and includes the following information:

"The role of Ralph Offenhouse was originally intended to be Harcourt Fenton Mudd, and the episode would have been more comedic in nature; however, Roger C. Carmel died before production of this episode could begin, and the Mudd role - and the thrust of the episode - was changed."

Jeff of Earth-J said:

Not to threadjack, but I was watching a season ten episode of Bonanza yesterday and I couldn't remember which episode of Star Trek I had seen Mark Richman (a.k.a. Peter Mark Richman) in. I was saddened to learn he died earlier this year, January 14, at age 93. 

• "The role of Ralph Offenhouse was originally intended to be Harcourt Fenton Mudd,.."

Hmm... I question that. Roger Carmel died in November 1986 and ST:TNG didn't begin until September 1987. I guess it's possible that that episode could have been in production that far in advance, but it doesn't sounf likely to me. (The premise would have had to have been changed as well, because the cryogenically frozen people were from the 20th century and Mudd was from the 23rd.) I would have been nice, though. As long as we're playing "what if," I would rather have seen him reprise his role in one of the movies with the original crew. 

• Maybe they had sketched out or even written some of the season one episodes that early. Or maybe it's a mistake. Supposedly IMDB* attempts to verify comments (I've made a couple). If they can't verify it I don't know if they let it stand or not.

*IMDB, like Wikipedia and GCD, is maintained by the general public

Jeff of Earth-J said:

"The role of Ralph Offenhouse was originally intended to be Harcourt Fenton Mudd,.."

Hmm... I question that. Roger Carmel died in November 1986 and ST:TNG didn't begin until September 1987. I guess it's possible that that episode could have been in production that far in advance, but it doesn't sounf likely to me. (The premise would have had to have been changed as well, because the cryogenically frozen people were from the 20th century and Mudd was from the 23rd.) I would have been nice, though. As long as we're playing "what if," I would rather have seen him reprise his role in one of the movies with the original crew. 

This reply was deleted.