Racists keep impressing me with the depths of their stupidity.

A racist group wants to boycott the upcoming Marvel Comics' Thor movie because one of the characters will be portrayed by a black guy.

http://cofcc.org/2010/12/marval-studios-declares-war-on-norse-mytho...

Views: 116

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

The Baron said:

"...Jesus is like Galactus, everyone sees Him as they wish to see Him."

"I AM JESUS, REDEEMER OF WORLDS! And this is My herald, the Silver Baptist."

I love you Baron, and I want to have your children.

Here's the Penny Arcade strip about the controversy: http://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2010/12/20/

I think the Penny Arcade guys nailed it, but should have gone with a different metaphor: "Even a blind racist occasionally finds a nut." "And then asks it to join their movement."

"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read." -Groucho Marx

Check out the Secret Headquarters (my store) website! Comics and Games for Everyone!

I used to listen to WOXY.com; It was the future of rock-n-roll! RIP WOXY

Could be worse.

They could have cast Eddie Murphy in a fat suit as Volstagg.

It could have been worse than that: They could have cast Eddie Murphy as Volstagg, Hogun AND Fandral.
Eddie Murphy plays all of Asgard in 'I Say Thee Nay!" the hilarious new comedy from the prince of humor.  Featuring Vivica A. Fox as the spunky Jane Foster!

ClarkKent_DC said:
It could have been worse than that: They could have cast Eddie Murphy as Volstagg, Hogun AND Fandral.

" I think it is nice that the old gods are getting some notice and worship again.  It's like people are re-discovering how good silent movies were."

"Coming up next: Odin and Zeus in The Sunshine Boys!"

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Welcome!

No flame wars. No trolls. But a lot of really smart people.The Captain Comics Round Table tries to be the friendliest and most accurate comics website on the Internet.

SOME ESSENTIALS:

RULES OF THE ROUND TABLE

MODERATORS

SMILIES FOLDER

TIPS ON USING THE BOARD

FOLLOW US:

OUR COLUMNISTS:

Groups

© 2020   Captain Comics, board content ©2013 Andrew Smith   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service