I'm so excited! Tonight two new episodes of Chuck!

Views: 400

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

They also work in a Peter Parker/Spider-Man sense. One of the great things about Peter Parker/Spider-Man is that Peter Parker's life interferes with being Spider-Man in the same way that Spider-Man's life interferes with being Peter Parker. Just as Chuck can't turn the Intersect 2.0 on at will, he also can't turn it off. We've already seen a couple of humorous/disastrous consequences for Chuck at the Buy More- cursing out a customer in Korean, kicking Lester in the fact (and kicking off an in-store Fight Club).
I've been hoping that Chuck's sister will get to do something other than whine and nag -- it seems like that's all she ever gets to do -- and I got my wish; unfortunately, she's now added fretting and worrying to her repertoire. Please, writers, give her a story!
They managed to make Awesome interesting. So anything's possible.
Well, yeah, because Awesome got a story, and a pretty good one: He learned Chuck's secret and thought it was cool, and has learned, the hard way, that it really isn't.

I don't necessarily want Chuck's sister to learn the secret, but it seems, based on the last episode, that she and Morgan are bent on finding out whatever it is they don't know.

Speaking of that last episode, Chuck's been telling everybody (belatedly) about that trip to Paris with the explanation that there was some rich, eccentric customer who wanted an install in his villa. I'm not a spy, nor do I play one on TV, but ... shouldn't they have actually done a bit more to back that story up, y'know, with a work order from said fictional customer and an address? Especially as Chuck told Ellie he did the install, but Hannah -- who was on the plane with Chuck -- knows that he turned around and went back to the U.S. without ever getting off the plane?
I've only started watching the show this season, but Chuck's cover seems tissue-paper thin. Doesn't seem like the Buy More cover would last more than a couple months, much less years.

Really fun show, though!
ClarkKent_DC said:
Well, yeah, because Awesome got a story, and a pretty good one: He learned Chuck's secret and thought it was cool, and has learned, the hard way, that it really isn't.

I don't necessarily want Chuck's sister to learn the secret, but it seems, based on the last episode, that she and Morgan are bent on finding out whatever it is they don't know.

Speaking of that last episode, Chuck's been telling everybody (belatedly) about that trip to Paris with the explanation that there was some rich, eccentric customer who wanted an install in his villa. I'm not a spy, nor do I play one on TV, but ... shouldn't they have actually done a bit more to back that story up, y'know, with a work order from said fictional customer and an address? Especially as Chuck told Ellie he did the install, but Hannah -- who was on the plane with Chuck -- knows that he turned around and went back to the U.S. without ever getting off the plane?

What, he doesn't just tell people he works for a greeting card company?
suedenim said:
I've only started watching the show this season, but Chuck's cover seems tissue-paper thin. Doesn't seem like the Buy More cover would last more than a couple months, much less years.
Really fun show, though!

Yeah...there's a huge suspension of disbelief necessary to accept that premise, and I honestly think it will prove to be more of an albatross around the neck of the show than the humorous situations it provides are a benefit.

(I think I proposed back on the old board that a pretty easy work-around would be for the CIA to set Chuck up with a freelance tech support cover operation; he could hire Jeff and Lester onto that to keep them around for comic relief, he would still have Morgan — now as assistant manager at the Buy More — in his life to keep that setting in play; and Casey and Sarah could be presented as his business partners to keep them around without stretching the credulity of their retail job covers. And it would retire the Orange Orange set, which is a joke that was only particularly relevant to LA folk, and is now dated on top of that. That premise has the added benefit of the CIA giving Chuck an actual career path once he leaves their service.)

Meanwhile, though, we get to hope for more Jeffster.
I like Alan's idea, but I'm really not bothered by the state of affairs at the Buy More. It's just another in a long line of TV comedy workplaces where nobody is ever seen to actually do any work, and everyone has unbelievably flexible work schedules and limitless vacation days.
No wonder Hannah went to work there right after meeting Chuck!
I always assumed that once Chuck got a mission, someone from the CIA called into Buy More and demanded service specifically from Chuck Bartosky. Then the CIA simply ran a Credit Card number to pay for Chuck's Buy More assistance. That would mean that Chuck would be considered a key employee to the Burbank Buy More because he kept getting so many requests, high paying jobs and very few complaints.
LJ, you should get a No-Prize for that answer.
Wow ... no more Hannah!

Was that breakup harsh or what?

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Welcome!

No flame wars. No trolls. But a lot of really smart people.The Captain Comics Round Table tries to be the friendliest and most accurate comics website on the Internet.

SOME ESSENTIALS:

RULES OF THE ROUND TABLE

MODERATORS

SMILIES FOLDER

TIPS ON USING THE BOARD

FOLLOW US:

OUR COLUMNISTS:

Groups

© 2021   Captain Comics, board content ©2013 Andrew Smith   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service