Replies

• 10 Year old Travis would be super-psyched. 37 year old....meh.
  • I think the problem they're going to have is replicating the chemistry that existed between the various cast members - particularly that between Fred Gwynne and Al Lewis.

If they must do it, I hope they cast it well - I've seen various Munsters re-makes, and while they've had some talented actors in them, they never quite jelled for me.

That, and as I've said before - no one ever looked right to me in the Universal "Frankenstein" make-up except Karloff and Gwynne - the guy's gotta have one of them bullet-shaped heads that they had.
  • The Baron said:
    That, and as I've said before - no one ever looked right to me in the Universal "Frankenstein" make-up except Karloff and Gwynne - the guy's gotta have one of them bullet-shaped heads that they had.

The site I saw this article posted on suggested that, based on the Guillermo del Toro connection, Ron Perlman would be a good candidate for Herman Munster. I could definitely see that, although his being in Sons of Anarchy every week probably prevents that from being an option...
  • Interesting, I could see that.
  • The Baron nailed it - what made the original Munsters work was the chemistry between Gwynne and Lewis, it was perfect casting. The other element that made the show during its original run was the coolness factor of having the Universal monsters for inspiration. Between TV showings of the original films, model kits, magazines, trading cards etc., the monsters were at a peak of popularity during the Sixties, not sure today's kids would be impressed.
  • Alan M. said:
    The Baron said:

The site I saw this article posted on suggested that, based on the Guillermo del Toro connection, Ron Perlman would be a good candidate for Herman Munster. I could definitely see that, although his being in Sons of Anarchy every week probably prevents that from being an option...

I remember Ron Perlman, after the Beauty and the Beast TV series, declaring he never again wanted to do a role that required heavy makeup. He must have forgotten about that when he did the Hellboy movies.

So, Herman Munster? Why not? Although I don't know that Perlman can do comedy. And, as casting is everything, who gets to play Lily? and Grandpa?

• ClarkKent_DC said:
    Alan M. said:
    The Baron said:

I remember Ron Perlman, after the Beauty and the Beast TV series, declaring he never again wanted to do a role that required heavy makeup. He must have forgotten about that when he did the Hellboy movies.

So, Herman Munster? Why not? Although I don't know that Perlman can do comedy. And, as casting is everything, who gets to play Lily? and Grandpa?

I'm sure all of those zeroes on the check gave him amnesia
  • So, Herman Munster? Why not? Although I don't know that Perlman can do comedy.

I think Hellboy shows Perlman can do comedy -- but it's the wrong kind of comedy for Herman Munster. Unless Fuller's pitch is going to be "Not your father's Herman Munster."
  • Linda Hamilton's old dance partner on Beauty and the Beast played Hellboy?

I learn something new every day!

Still don't know what he actually looks like though....
  • Beauty and the Beast was one of my mother's favorite TV shows.

He also was in heavy make-up in Star Trek: Nemesis. And did the voice of Slade AKA Deathstroke on the Teen Titans animated series.
This reply was deleted.